Sheezel Given Two Year Contract Extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why there's a big deal being made about it. The kids special and will be a dominant force for the next decade. Why not take some of the outside noise off his mind and get him locked in for a couple years on big coin for a 20yr old.
Its a big deal cos of how that rat we selected last year, Scarfaceknees, dogged us.

I think all our recent draftees (except the obvious) signed two year extensions within their first few games, going back a few years now. Most of them anyway, maybe not rookies and really speculative picks.

At least back to 2019 (tho most of our picks that draft were dealing with injuries for a few seasons.) Dunno about the other 2021 kids (besides Curtis who signed a two year extension) but all three of them grew up barracking for North and they all look like they've got something to offer.

Good to see this youngster commited

OP is probably the same poster that continually complains about the salary cap floor - "How can North possibly pay 95%, so many overpaid players".

This is the way. Extending his contract will probably knock off his first 2-3 seasons straight into this years cap.

The kid can seriously play.. and Wardlaw could be even better..

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him, and good on North, for getting it locked away. Early days but he certainly has potential.

I just couldn't draft a bloke whose name rhymes with Cheezels.
Would have to be hard pass.
More fish in the sea!

Not sure about that, he'd fit our recent policy which is signing anyone not called Jack. We've come a long way.

We might have had him if we'd traded Hunter Clark too.

I can see the HS headline the next day after he wins the Brownlow in his debut season ..

“ Sheezus Christ …Superstar!”
Nah it'll be:

Sheez All That!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back