List Mgmt. Arm Chair campaigners assemble, Lets talk Jack Lonie

Predict Lonie's career

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What's he done to deserve more than a 1 year contract though?
Yeah, he's played well at VFL level, but he's hardly been noticed at AFL.

If he thinks he can get more at another club, and that club is happy to offer it to him, then good luck to him. I hope he has a good career.
If he wants to grit his teeth, knuckle down and accept the 1 year , and really earn his spot in the team, he will reap the benefits.
But there's no reason why we should be offering more then 1 year imo.

I reckon Lonie will be a very good player. He would be a gun at the Giants, they are a one way team apart from Callan Ward so having a guy who will play the manic pressure defensive forward would be a massive win for them. He hasn't played 50 games yet and has already shown he can play good footy when he's on.

I reckon Lonie will be a very good player. He would be a gun at the Giants, they are a one way team apart from Callan Ward so having a guy who will play the manic pressure defensive forward would be a massive win for them. He hasn't played 50 games yet and has already shown he can play good footy when he's on.
? reaaaallyy?

? reaaaallyy?
He didnt get a rising star nomination for nothing. The only thing that stopped him being BOG that day was he missed some difficult goals. Yes yes, this is his major problem but so was Dunstan's inability to get above 17 disposals per game and hes managed that in the final 2 months of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ripping post.

Ripping post.
L2sjzH_kQm_AxOhRcAhphZLI6sU6TLTcLRyjYyb-YV_im01REMdSDVmHo-Rmjz2iXKuAhiY=w442-h333-nc

Lonie will improve Minch is as good as he's gonna get which is equal to Lonie

Yeah hopefully Lonie can kick further than 20 metres next year, laughable some of his set shots. With players like this in our team we will struggle to make top 12 next year.collingwood and hawks will pass us...we have a lot of work to do...but tough decisions need to be made...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully Lonie can kick further than 20 metres next year, laughable some of his set shots. With players like this in our team we will struggle to make top 12 next year.collingwood and hawks will pass us...we have a lot of work to do...but tough decisions need to be made...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Collingwood would have to have a big off season to fix its problems (apart from Buckley) and the Hawks rely on a couple older players not really worried about either.
I don't blame any of our players for the goal kicking there was obviously a mistake in our training think it will be fixed next year.
Forgetting his goal kicking for a second he's up with the best small forwards his age it's just that Gresham will be a star.
Small forwards live and die on goal kicking but he has the skills its just a confidence thing.
If he's traded I won't worry too much though

It would help if he played in the forward line when he was playing in the twos instead on in the middle. What's the point of him starring in the mids and then getting promoted to sit in the forward pocket all game. As for his goal kicking , I have mentioned this before but at training he trains with the mids and never seems to have a chance to practice his goal kicking. They either play him as a small forward of a mid . No good training as a mid but then playing as a small forward.

It would help if he played in the forward line when he was playing in the twos instead on in the middle. What's the point of him starring in the mids and then getting promoted to sit in the forward pocket all game. As for his goal kicking , I have mentioned this before but at training he trains with the mids and never seems to have a chance to practice his goal kicking. They either play him as a small forward of a mid . No good training as a mid but then playing as a small forward.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Richo's coaching

Back