Ash cloud and possible disruptions to Melbourne flights this week

88mph

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just hearing reports that the ash cloud may affect flights in/out of Melbourne as early as this afternoon (Tuesday 21st).

Are we hoping that we cant fly over, thus collecting two points and enjoying the extended 2 week break?

Or, risk flying over to receive flight delays, injuries and no points?

It's in our interests to take the 2 points, stay home and freshen up. But then again it would be gay.

They'll probably re-schedule the match, what are the official rules for when a match can't possibly take place in a certain city is the match actually cancelled like in cricket?

Take the two points if possible , we do not play Etihad that well .:footy:

If we do play , on our best form we can win , just dont think we will

Think we might drop Ash Smith , dont need anymore Ash

Take the two points if possible , we do not play Etihad that well .:footy:

If we do play , on our best form we can win , just dont think we will

Think we might drop Ash Smith , dont need anymore Ash

:p:p

Sydney closed from 3 PM today so some possibility Perth will be closed later this week?

I assume melbourne is now closed as well so early flights may not be an option.

Do Carlton share the bye with us as a rescheduling option? I suspect 2 points is a possibility and a win for us

The ash cloud is whizzing round the southern hemisphere at 100 knots so it will come round again next week. (~4,000 kms per day -) It should be gone in 24 hours or so and not be back before Sunday. I think planes will be in the air again by Thursday. We might be delayed Sunday night I guess, or even Monday.
Nerds can visit here

Being gifted the two points would be nice but I think I would rather us get the experience and see where we are at and play the game win or lose. If we make the finals we will likely have to play in Melb anyway.

it's not like the 2 points really matter in the long run.

we'd get so much more from going over there and playing a big game against them, even if we lost (which is likely).

plus, i want to ****ing watch my team play.

it's not like the 2 points really matter in the long run.

we'd get so much more from going over there and playing a big game against them, even if we lost (which is likely).

plus, i want to ****ing watch my team play.
Exactly. 6 other teams have had a draw so 2 points really means nothing. Its not like our percentage is bad anyway. If we want to be a premiership winning team we have to start beating the top teams in Melbourne. Lets start now.

Pathetic people would rather us take two points than fly over. That would be absolutely disgraceful if we ever chose the easy 2 point over playing the game, you never settle for second place. We would be a few goal better side by just going there and getting experience into our youngsters. While it is highly unlikely, we can beat Carlton, we have the weapons to expose them and it would be absolutely massive if we could overcome them.

WB have left today for the Saturday GC game , would have arrived by now so I would imagine we should catch the Indian Pacific tomorrow in time for Sunday , sit back have a few ales run up and down the ailes a few times and come out fresh and ready for Carlton on Sunday :eek:

If we lose we have a good excuse

WB have left today for the Saturday GC game , would have arrived by now so I would imagine we should catch the Indian Pacific tomorrow in time for Sunday , sit back have a few ales run up and down the ailes a few times and come out fresh and ready for Carlton on Sunday :eek:

I work for a rail company linked to the Indian Pacific and it only leaves here on Sundays ATM. Have to be bus or charter. Or we may be able to set up a container for them and send them express freight to Melb.:D

I wonder what the effects of this course of action would be. Obviously the trip would take longer, but you could pimp out a train carriage with treadmills, altitude tents, ice baths, full-length beds etc.

I work for a rail company linked to the Indian Pacific and it only leaves here on Sundays ATM. Have to be bus or charter. Or we may be able to set up a container for them and send them express freight to Melb.:D
i like.

on arrival we could get someone to crow bar open the back of the freight and jack darling to emerge out of the smoke.

Back