Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis 1 was taken from the Sumerian Namma myth. the Sumerian story Enki and Ninhursag was the source of that fabricated Genesis myth

Epic of Gilgamesh came later, which tells the exact same story.

Noah was plagiarized from the Sumerian Utnapishtim - fairly common knowledge.

The Legend of Sargon the Great they fabricate part of the Moses story. Sargon s birth story that his mother had a secret pregnancy and could not keep him so she tugged him in a basket safely and he floated down the Euphrates river where a gardner of the king finds him.

The entire **** is a fraud, but they needed a saviour then.

Mind boggling stupid . And four numbnuts gave it a like .

I loved it.

It's very clear where Genesis (one part of which was written at the time of the Babylonian Exile in 6th century BC and the other part, later under Persian imperial rule of the province of Judah [Yehud] in the 5th century BC), gains its' influences from.

Sumerian/Babylonian influences from far older texts, (as already outlined) and subsequent Zoroastrian influences on the Biblical text of the Old Testament can be readily identified.

Last edited:

This is history, i have given you the references, even hardcore Christian scholars agree atleast Genesis in parts is inspired by these epic.Your continuous abuse of me here (and lack of substance) clearly shows you are rattled. Truth is often a bitter pill to swallow, please read these epics and tell me how these are not the same thing?

However regarding Noah, that the "flood" was during the fifth Dynasty of Egypt ~2494 to 2345 BC who forgot to be destroyed during the flood nor make any mention of "a lot of rain this year".

The epic of Gilgamesh wasn't original either it was taken from the story of king Ziusudra.

The only twist in the tale was the turn from polytheism to monotheism, that's the only invention.

Abusing me will not change history. Your religion is a fraud. Remember all your prophets keep talking about Adam and Eve, including Jesus, if that is not true, your entire literature is a lie.

I loved it.

It's very clear where Genesis (one part of which was written at the time of the Babylonian Exile in 6th century BC and the other part, later under Persian imperial rule of the province of Judah [Yehud] in the 5th century BC), gains its' influences from.

Sumerian/Babylonian influences from far older texts, (as already outlined) and subsequent Zoroastrian influences on the Biblical text of the Old Testament can be readily identified.

The Global Flood myth was simply a fabrication. The silly Chinese and Harapans also forgot to be wiped out by that global flood as their cities continued to be inhabited like nothing happened.

The analysis of the experts though directly indicates the Noachite flood myth is based off of the Epic of Gilgamesh. Boston tiger is still in shock i reckon.

Do you still think only christians are capable of love?

In the Islam thread they reckon everyones a born Muslim and then you choose not to be, due to free will. In this thread they reckon only Christians have the privilege to be saved from eternal damnation and only they are capable of love.

Notice the trend here? all these privileges are exclusive to their belief system only. Religion(s) work in the same fashion. There are structural differences but from a followers perspective, the world revolves around their belief system and it's no other belief outside of theirs, that is the truth and nothing but the truth.

The Arbrahamic religions became commercial and popular for a reason (yes they owe it to the Roman empire and then Colonialism for sure) , but it gives people hope and shoulder. There's nothing like a big brother looking after you from the heaven that provides justice, hope and provides comfort from the fear of death.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston tiger has done another fly by troll. That's his MO.

Unfortunately he has little to offer to the discussion, so is reduced to trolling to supposedly demonstrate his intellectual superiority.

That's no way to refer to Total Power. Or did you not realise who I was referring to?

What were you referring to? plagiarism? Your only defense is 2 billion people, yeah people don't question their faith but this is undeniable, the concept of Genesis was stolen. Almost nothing about any of the Abrahamic religions is original and what they did introduce is incredibly immoral. Such as the concept of hell, eternal torture for finite crime. For thought crime even.

2 billion people are ignorant is not the proof of anything VD. The story of Moses was written 900 years after his death. What of his story do you think is 'real'?. Nothing. It was mythicised based on popular myths back then

If Adam and Eve was copied, the rest of your religion that follows is purely drivel. You can have faith but you can also try reading epics older than the Genesis to see how your God stole and made it his? If you wish to keep your head in sand like 2 billion people and be a sheep, that's another story.

What were you referring to? plagiarism? Your only defense is 2 billion people, yeah people don't question their faith but this is undeniable, the concept of Genesis was stolen. Almost nothing about any of the Abrahamic religions is original and what they did introduce is incredibly immoral. Such as the concept of hell, eternal torture for finite crime. For thought crime even.

2 billion people are ignorant is not the proof of anything VD. The story of Moses was written 900 years after his death. What of his story do you think is 'real'?. Nothing. It was mythicised based on popular myths back then

If Adam and Eve was copied, the rest of your religion that follows is purely drivel. You can have faith but you can also try reading epics older than the Genesis to see how your God stole and made it his? If you wish to keep your head in sand like 2 billion people and be a sheep, that's another story.
The Sydney swans have far more supporters than Melbourne, so they must be the better team. :drunk:

swans.JPG

The Sydney swans have far more supporters than Melbourne, so they must be the better team. :drunk:

View attachment 1263120

Man is the only animal that is aware of its impending death and wishes for life to never end. Religion and beliefs supply that fantasy. I have given the best of reasons, supplied the best of evidence to show Adam and Eve was copied and what answer did i get? same argument as every thing else ' but 2 billion people.....'

But i still don't think it can be boiled down to anything simple, but among the many factors, I think there's a lot of comfort in believing someone is looking out for you, even if you don't have any evidence at all for it. And the fact that so many people seem to agree with that, despite being fallacious reasoning, makes you feel better about that belief, despite the continued lack of evidence. There's a reason arguments ad populum still creep up so often despite being pointed out as bad reasoning: As social creatures, we're wired to like such an argument.

Man is the only animal that is aware of its impending death and wishes for life to never end. Religion and beliefs supply that fantasy. I have given the best of reasons, supplied the best of evidence to show Adam and Eve was copied and what answer did i get? same argument as every thing else ' but 2 billion people.....'

But i still don't think it can be boiled down to anything simple, but among the many factors, I think there's a lot of comfort in believing someone is looking out for you, even if you don't have any evidence at all for it. And the fact that so many people seem to agree with that, despite being fallacious reasoning, makes you feel better about that belief, despite the continued lack of evidence. There's a reason arguments ad populum still creep up so often despite being pointed out as bad reasoning: As social creatures, we're wired to like such an argument.
Great post.

Humans are pack animals who find comfort in numbers. Generally speaking, I like cats more than humans.

As long as we are no threat to your lot, don't worry, be happy for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back