Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
religious belief or activity means:
(a) holding a religious belief; or

Atheists do not hold a religious belief. As I have demonstrated.

(b) engaging in lawful religious activity; or

Atheists do not engage in religious activity.

(c) not holding a religious belief; or

So not holding a religious belief IS a religious belief? I'm agnostic. I also hold a religious belief, despite I know of no god or gods and do engage in worship of any such beings?

(d) not engaging in, or refusing to engage in, lawful religious activity.

So not engaging in religious activity means you engage in religious activity?

Myself not attending a Moslem ceremony, or a Church service means I automatically am engaging in religious activity?

Is that what you are saying?

Why don't you simply explain how atheism is a religious belief?

Last edited:
Roylion, has theistic belief had a negative social impact?
Atheists do not hold a religious belief. As I have demonstrated.

Atheists do not engage in religious activity.

So not holding a religous belief IS a religious belief. I'm agnostic. I also hold a religious belief, despite I know of no god or gods and do engage in worship of any such beings.

So not engaging in religious activity means you engage in religious activity.

Myself not attending a Moslem ceremony, or a Church service means I automatically am engaging in religious activity.

Is that what you are saying?

Why don't you simply explain how atheism is a religious belief?
because I don't bloody well need to.

Roylion, has theistic belief had a negative social impact?

In some cases, yes...in other cases no. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything I have posted.

because I don't bloody well need to.

Then I see no reason to give credence to any of your assertions.

It's even simpler. It's a posited definition. No further explanation is required.
It's states;
religious belief or activity means:
(a) holding a religious belief; or
(b) engaging in lawful religious activity; or
(c) not holding a religious belief; or
(d) not engaging in, or refusing to engage in, lawful religious activity.

Come on, I owe you no further explanation by way basis as to it's purpose than I've already alluded to. None at all.
What on earth? Is that not a oxymoron?
Not holding a religious belief means that you hold a religious belief?

What on earth? Is that not a oxymoron?
Not holding a religious belief means that you hold a religious belief?
Apparently…are we to assume the definition of a pelican includes not being a pelican? This is what happens, kids, when in an attempt to sound clever you disappear up your own rear end.

Apparently…are we to assume the definition of a pelican includes not being a pelican? This is what happens, kids, when in an attempt to sound clever you disappear up your own rear end.
Cut the crap, It was quoted word for word as drafted. It also mirrors equivalent State provision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it or not, It is what it is.
Mate this is bordering unhinged.
You either hold a religious belief or you don't.
It doesn't matter if I like it or not, I don't hold a religious belief. End of

And which of my arguments exactly do you have a problem with?
I’ve addressed this with you at post 18341. My issue with you wasn’t substance based, rather, it was expectation on your part that those with theistic belief somehow owed you a burden of proof. I suggested it should be the other way around.

it was expectation on your part that those with theistic belief somehow owed you a burden of proof.

When they claim something as "truth" they do have a burden of proof.

So which of my arguments exactly do you have a problem with?

Wtf do you expect, you call someone pelican and you expect that person holds your hand. cut the s**t, I’ve identified the relevant provisions at both State and Cth levels, I’ve even pasted it. The rest is on you,

Wtf do you expect, you call someone pelican and you expect that person holds your hand. cut the sh*t, I’ve identified the relevant provisions at both State and Cth levels, I’ve even pasted it. The rest is on you,
Mate, you’re cooked.

Once I was in a bar and I ran into a Lithuanian friend. He was with another guy I didn’t know. My friend excused himself with what I later realised was a slight smirk, leaving me with this stranger.

I’d noticed this guy spoke with a European accent so, assuming he was a friend of my friend, I said “So, you’re from Lithuania too?”

He said “No”.

I said “Where are you from?”

He said “Trry to guess.”

I said “Ah, OK, um, Latvia?”

He said “no.”

I said “Estonia?”

“No.”

“Um, Finland, Sweden?”

“No.”

I said “OK, I give up. Where are you from?”

He said “No, you trry to guess.”

I said, "OK then, ah, Russia?"

"No"

"Ukraine?"

"No."

"Poland?"

"No."

"Belarus? Slovakia? Czech Republic? Hungary?"

"No."

I said "OK sorry mate, I've run out of ideas. Tell me where you're from, because I just have no idea."

He said (wait for it!)

"Frrom my motherr."

That tiresome encounter came back to me just now. No idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back