Religion Ask a Christian - Continued in Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each gospel is amazing and useful, and worth reading. That there are differences and small inconsistencies adds to the veracity of them.
My point is that people don't really understand the chiasm structure of Matthew, in fact its less than 1%.

People are missing the point of Matthew.

Son of God has different meanings in Mark and Matthew.

My point is that people don't really understand the chiasm structure of Matthew, in fact its less than 1%.

What is your overall impression of Jesus, God, the Trinity, and does it have any impact on your life?
To be honest, I am not into literal word for word analysis, and I am not suggesting you are doing this.
I enjoy messages from the pulpit twice a week, and have done so for 4 decades.
I enjoy Bible reading.
No way am I an expert or a teacher; just a saved individual who can recognise those that are sometimes missing something.

I challenge you that the traditional ideas of penal substitution is anti Love and more pro revenge.

Its God the father the ultimate child abuser.
That is how it can be interpreted by some, as we read over and over on this thread.
What is your view?
You seem to have thought about this a lot?

Interesting. I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you explain the different meanings?

What is your overall impression of Jesus, God, the Trinity, and does it have any impact on your life?
To be honest, I am not into literal word for word analysis, and I am not suggesting you are doing this.
I enjoy messages from the pulpit twice a week, and have done so for 4 decades.
I enjoy Bible reading.
No way am I an expert or a teacher; just a saved individual who can recognise those that are sometimes missing something.
I would encourage you to read Baxter Kruger's books.

Very easy book to read.

Learning about the love relationship between God the Father, God the Son and holy spirit and how we all are in the Holy hug, is a source of joy and love in my life.

That is how it can be interpreted by some, as we read over and over on this thread.
What is your view?
You seem to have thought about this a lot?
Spend a life time starting in a Christian cult as a little boy and by the grace of God been given opportunities to experience and know the love of God.

My conviction is that God is good and that this idea of atonement is the source of what is wrong with the church.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you explain the different meanings?
In the Torah (first 5 books of the OT), the Son of God is Israel.

Matthew is writing to Jewish Christians. Jesus is called the Son of God and therefore, is saying that Jesus is Israel.

Mark was written to Rome Christians. Julius the empire was called the son of god. Therefore, Jesus is the ultimate authority.

Gospel of John is slightly different. The son of God refers to the special relationship between the father and the son. Its literally Jesus is God's son, therefore Jesus is divine.

I used the words INDIRECT.
And quoted an author.
Glad you hang on every word though. What a compliment.

Of course it;s indirect, through sin, not DIRECT like god's doing. Adam and eve sin and death and disease entered the world. this is what you said. It's clear what you mean, come on, got caught with your pants down mate.

I stated you said 'death and disaster is a result of sin', not god. SIN. So i am right.

You are struggling big time arent you by making a dud comment?

It's not an issue.

Matthew is one huge chiasm where the middle story is the point.

The transfiguration story is the point of Matthew not the Virgin birth or the great commission.

Jewish writers write in a chiasms which is very different to English readers.

I agree, but people like Vdubs have turned this into' Jesus is unique, virgin birth, resurrection etc as in literal interpretation of the Bible.

I agree, but people like Vdubs have turned this into' Jesus is unique, virgin birth, resurrection etc as in literal interpretation of the Bible.
The Resurrection happen for sure.

Virgin birth doesn't really matter as the bible gives it very little weight.

I know you don't like Paul but he gives it zero attention.

2 out of the 4 gospels leave it out. Then the two gospels mention it only once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it;s indirect, through sin, not DIRECT like god's doing. Adam and eve sin and death and disease entered the world. this is what you said. It's clear what you mean, come on, got caught with your pants down mate.

I stated you said 'death and disaster is a result of sin', not god. SIN. So i am right.

You are struggling big time arent you by making a dud comment?
Can't you see that I too quoted an author?
Your hero does this ad nauseum.
I have no direct knowledge other than the Bible itself, which you have no respect for.'You seem to want to have victories all the time- tedious and puerile. Go ahead, prove your points and have these shallow victories if they mean that much to you.
You know what I believe and why, and it is based on personal experience, that of multiple others, and the Bible itself.
And again, they were words written by me, but purely quoting a writer to make a point that they are not my thoughts, necessarily.

I would encourage you to read Baxter Kruger's books.

Very easy book to read.

Learning about the love relationship between God the Father, God the Son and holy spirit and how we all are in the Holy hug, is a source of joy and love in my life.
Thank you.

No evidence that you accept.

If you are making a faith based argument then i will agree.

Ok so science and history aside then why deny resurrections of other figures outside of Christianity? People like Boston tiger have argued it's because we are not super-naturalists and God can do anything hence we don't believe. But they are just as anti-supernaturalist as me when it comes to other saints/Gods, such as those involving later Catholic saints or miracles and resurrections from non-Christian religious traditions. You cannot have two different evaluation standard for the same thing (resurrection).

If nothing else works they will play the ultimate "but none of them have 2 billion followers". As if that is relevant.

Christians (not you but posters here like our friend Vdubs) make this claim all the time virgin birth and resurrections proves Christianity is unique and Jesus is different.

This is absolutely false,stories of resurrection was very common in Babylonian and Egyptian mythology all the way through to India much before Jesus and after Jesus as well. So was virgin birth.

Last edited:
Can't you see that I too quoted an author?
Your hero does this ad nauseum.
I have no direct knowledge other than the Bible itself, which you have no respect for.'You seem to want to have victories all the time- tedious and puerile. Go ahead, prove your points and have these shallow victories if they mean that much to you.
You know what I believe and why, and it is based on personal experience, that of multiple others, and the Bible itself.
And again, they were words written by me, but purely quoting a writer to make a point that they are not my thoughts, necessarily.

You can't use common sense? was death and disease a result of sin? death and disease was rife in nature before humans and will be present after we are long gone. These are facts, death and disease got nothing to do with sin, never was, never will. Original sin is not a Biblical concept.

You quoted something which means you must believe in it. Otherwise why would you quote and then try to justify it the next post?

I quote stuff that i believe in, hence i quote. I asked you to defend your argument, when you were found out, you blamed it on the author.

Roylion quotes a lot of authors but actually backs up his arguments, the moment you are caught out you scream 'not my fault, he said it'.

Then here's a suggestion, don't copy paste something you don't subscribe to. This is a silly and stupid thing to do.

And the bolded part highlights your actual problem. You read the Bible only , you refuse to read anything else, like context of the verses, story behind it, spirituality, archetypes, mythology, other religions and spiritual context etc. I am not insulting you but this is a dumb thing to do (more naive than dumb). But now that you admitted you have no knowledge outside of Bible, i can see where your ignorance stems from.

It's a silly silly position to have to just read the Bible. Adam and Eve are supposed to be real people or what? Only a handful of YEC christians believe this, most like William Lane Craig even have abandoned this argument.

Last edited:
Not just countries where there is little Christianity.

I know a few people from the stolen generation who were extremely abused in “Christian” children’s home.

One guy who was raped and beaten by Priests plus he was stolen from his mother.

My faith is in goodness of God.

I think that people have good reasons not to faith.

God is just and will do the right thing.
Why didn't your god stop that child from being raped?

He could if he wanted to, couldn't he?

The road to faith can be almost impossible for some people either life experiences, education, cultural barriers, emotional barriers etc.

God is good and merciful.

Please consider this?

Hell and Heaven as you know maybe be wrong.

Personally Ive come to conclusion that the church has it extremely incorrect about "Hell".

I encourage you to study the different ideas of "hell" and the afterlife from Christian authors.
Just not to kids, he is ok for them to be raped

That is extremely doubtful. Belief in such is purely a matter of faith. There is no evidence for any living human (including Jesus or any of the other figures from the Bible that are claimed to have been resurrected) to have ever risen physically from the 'dead', if that is what you refer to as 'resurrection'.

'Dead' being someone who has obviously completed the process of 'death'.

'Death' being the state of the body after the heart has stopped beating for a period of time and the brain has starved from lack of oxygen. The whole network of neurons has largely disintegrated, dissolved from massive cell death and the pooling of blood acids. Gases and fluids have pooled in the extremities and body cavities. Rigor mortis has set in and the body has begun to decompose.

There's plenty of far more plausible explanations for the so called 'resurrection' of Jesus. 'Catalepsy' for example is a medical condition characterized by a trance or seizure with a loss of sensation and consciousness accompanied by rigidity of the body often mistaken for rigor mortis, the person’s vital signs such as breathing and heartbeat drop to very low levels, so they are nearly undetectable. While not common, there are still plenty of documented.cases.

And here's one of them.

Last edited:

BUt does it matter in the interpretation that Jesus is the son of god?

I mean, I have always found the Christian obsession with virginity absurd (and creepy). But if Jesus dad was just an ordinary bloke, doesn't that make Jesus just a prophet?

Did you manage to read the crap that I was replying to?
Christianity is not a cult when it is the prime world "religion."
It’s a flesh and blood, human sacrifice, apocalyptic death cult, religion schmigion, no one cares except other cultists.

The virgin birth is critical to standard Christian theology. What form of Christianity do you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back