Official Club Stuff Ask GCFC Digital. Be respectful and appreciative

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cochrane said Ablett thought we might be having salary cap issues and said he'D take 1 for the team and see if Geelong would take him
Lolololol

Salary cap issues?
Is Tom lynch on 8million himself?
We just lost 4 of our 6best players in the past 12months.
How can 1 believe that's the true story

I'm being cautious because my memory isn't what it used to be, but if you were referring to Dixon- he was never in my top 6
Bennell Prestia and O'Meara are a chunk of talent though

Can confirm that there are a number of new staff joining the football department in 2017, including a premiership captain.

Details will come out in due course, so stay tuned!

Pre season starts next week.
Still no news on our new coaching staff and co.

GCFC Digital

My all time favourite Suns videos were the series done with Touk from the time he got off the plane and was picked up by Matt Shaw (which I can't seem to find teh video), to his first day at the club (per below).

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2014-12-02/touks-first-day

Just wondering if the Suns will be running a similar series (hopefully expanded to all the draftees) on the new boys that we draft and come to GC late Nov / early December?

Nice to see the day one pre-season video go up. Are Kade's and Josh's times shareable, or is that not the done thing? Just wondering, I'd love to know just how quick these guys whip through a 2km time-trial.

Nice to see the day one pre-season video go up. Are Kade's and Josh's times shareable, or is that not the done thing? Just wondering, I'd love to know just how quick these guys whip through a 2km time-trial.

Sorry mate don't have times available at this stage.
But to highlight Schoey's running ability, he holds the record at the draft combine for 3km in 9:15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barlow and Fyfe at next years Brownlow together?

Get Barlow to invite Fyfe as his date onto the GC table.. from there... :D
I don't think Barlow or any of the Suns will be at the Brownlow next year... Being in the grand final, usually means that non-Melbourne clubs stay at home for the night.

Hey gcfc was just wondering if you had a list of players attending the Suns sleep out tomorow night :) and if Ablett will be in attendance

Coaches are back on deck this week - we want to announce them properly to make sure we paint the full picture in terms of their background, expertise, etc. Patience my friend. ;)
Have I missed something, has an announcement been made?

If not have they pulled out for family reasons ;)

Sorry I posted this in the podcast thread but just wanted to get this in front of GCFC Digital

Just wondering if after the draft you can get Scott Clayton on to discuss the trade and draft period.

I'm a self confessed draft nerd and would be fascinated by a host of things we have done this off-season.

Questions I would love to have Clayton talk about on the Podcast:

1. How did negotiations go with Richmond and Hawthorn?
2. What was rationale for all the 2nd rd picks for 2017 and when did getting Scheer and going into deficit become a likely strategy? Was there any concern about a 1st rd bid for Scheer affecting our 2017 1st rd pick?
3. What was the plan going into the trade period as far as how many list spots were likely to be available?
4. At what point did Jarryd Lyons become a possibility?
5. Was there much dialogue with Brandon Ah Chee given he nominated GC?
6. There was talk that we were not into Barlow at the start of the trade period - was it after Mal retired and a further spot opened up with Garlett's departure that we had a need for an experienced player and what needs does Clayton think Barlow will fill?
7. Where do you see Hanley playing - off half back or more off a wing?
8. Did Jarrod Witt's relationship with Rocket play a part in getting him to the club?
9. Does he think we have enough ruck man on the list (especially if we draft English, rookie Brooksby and we are looking at Crossley next year)?
10. What was our strategy going into the draft - best available, focus on mids?
11. Do we have a focus on the character of the kids we draft and look at factors that show resilience and their ability to move away from home successfully?
12. How important was it to guard our draft preferences from 'getting out' given that our picks were so close together?
13. When determining your draft strategy did you just have a 'big board' and pick the next best or did you need to be a bit strategic in the order you picked players given the possible preferences of the other teams at 5, 7 and 9
14. Was there any particular strategy around what was going to happen with a Bowes bid?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back