Assad's Genocide in Ghouta

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose it's a chance but it's a super high risk strategy when Trump has already shown he's not interested in using US troops as anything other than intel, training and air targeting. There would need to be a major US ground force to tip the balance of the war, air strikes at this stage are just about show as the various southern rebel groups don't have anywhere near the strength to go on the offensive. As far as I understand it, the US has long given up on overthrowing Assad and are holding parts of Kurdish Syria as a bargaining chip for peace talks.

It's a sectarian war, never underestimate the centuries old hatreds and fears this war has brought to the surface and in the overall scheme of civilian casualties attributed to Assad's forces from the war, this is pretty minor.
Well of course in a war where the death toll is something like 200 000 dead Saa soldiers( many beheaded as prisoners), 200 000 dead Islamist extremists and 100 000 dead civilians, this is barely a drop in the ocean. Many are suggesting though that if the US strikes it may be several volleys of hundreds of missiles each. That may be enough to allows turkeys merry band to attack from the north, Isis and non Kurd sdf groups to attack from east and islamists to attack from south, and have a significant impact.

Well of course in a war where the death toll is something like 200 000 dead Saa soldiers( many beheaded as prisoners), 200 000 dead Islamist extremists and 100 000 dead civilians, this is barely a drop in the ocean. Many are suggesting though that if the US strikes it may be several volleys of hundreds of missiles each. That may be enough to allows turkeys merry band to attack from the north, Isis and non Kurd sdf groups to attack from east and islamists to attack from south, and have a significant impact.
Non-Kurd SDF? How many do you think there are left? Absolute rabble coming up against a rejuvenated Syrian Army.
Turkey? Would be very surprised, in some cases might even cause some of the rebel groups to support Assad.
Islamist forces aren't strong enough to go on the offensive either.

Turkey could swing the balance but Turkey, with all the legacy of the Ottomans and Turk Sunni imperialism invading and overthrowing Assad would cause an absolute shitshow, escalation from Iran, Hezbollah probably send in extra militia.

I don't see it, sorry. As I said, I'm very skeptical considering the timing of the war, it's strategically stupid. But commanders at the front do strategically stupid things all time for a variety of reasons. And I have to say, my alarms went off when the Russia response was that they tested the area and there was no traces of chemical attack at all. Not blaming another party, just saying it didn't happen at all. Sus af.

Non-Kurd SDF? How many do you think there are left? Absolute rabble coming up against a rejuvenated Syrian Army.
Turkey? Would be very surprised, in some cases might even cause some of the rebel groups to support Assad.
Islamist forces aren't strong enough to go on the offensive either.

Turkey could swing the balance but Turkey, with all the legacy of the Ottomans and Turk Sunni imperialism invading and overthrowing Assad would cause an absolute shitshow, escalation from Iran, Hezbollah probably send in extra militia.

I don't see it, sorry. As I said, I'm very skeptical considering the timing of the war, it's strategically stupid. But commanders at the front do strategically stupid things all time for a variety of reasons. And I have to say, my alarms went off when the Russia response was that they tested the area and there was no traces of chemical attack at all. Not blaming another party, just saying it didn't happen at all. Sus af.
Did you watch the video? Didn't look very convincing, the other photos did look like dead chemical victims, but who how and where isn't really proved by that alone. If a bomb spraying chemicals went off there should be loads of evidence! What about the thousand injured ? Where are they?

Give it up dude....We all know it was completely staged by the White Helmets.....There is zero evidence on the ground save for their own video production.

With that logic 215+ chemical attacks were conducted by rebels on themselves, without aerial capabilities....? Procrastinator35 wants to insert, his woke opinion that this stuff is staged and committed by the culprits on their own women and children, so US will bomb even more. US has protected Assad with UN assistance, and aid funneled to Hezbollah (never operating in Israel) proxies across the ME.

Last edited:
On 10th of april Russia vetoed a UN Resolution on Syria for the 12th time. It's the 6th time it's vetoed a resolution calling for investigation and attribution of responsibility for chemical atrocities. Anyone calling for a solution via the UN is calling for something impossible - and therefore for nothing at all except further appeasement.

Throwback to when Bashar's father Hafez al-Assad besieged and starved the Christian settlement of Zahle in Lebanon.

An eyewitness account of the chemical massacre in Douma by one of those forced to leave his home. Moaed Dumane: "I’m packing all the videos and photos I collected that we took of the city. These are the last memories that we have. There’s something we cannot take with us. We cannot take our families who are buried in the ground..."

A Survivor Describes the Chemical Attack in Syria

https://www.newyorker.com/news/as-told-to/a-survivor-describes-the-chemical-attack-in-syria

Trump's phoney war against Assad

- It was exactly 12 months ago that Trump attacked the Assad regime for using chemical weapons, a US retaliation that was described by analysts as a "pin prick strike", and one that was laughed off by Assad, who had his planes back in the sky attacking civilians less than 24-hours after US Tomahawk missiles were said to have "pounded" the al-Shayrat airfield.

- Trump telephoned the Kremlin to describe exactly when and where the US missile strikes were to hit, thus allowing the Syrian regime plenty of time to move its personnel and assets from the target site.

- You can look no further than Trump's previous "pin prick" response to Assad using sarin gas 12 months ago for an explanation to why Assad felt emboldened to use chemical weapons again a few days ago.

- The international community is governed by norms, no matter how imperfectly, and thus genocidal dictators must be held to account, otherwise the words "never again" will become increasingly hollow and empty.

- Unfortunately and predictably, however, Trump's retaliatory strikes against Assad will be equally as hollow and empty as the words that surround them.

- Trump's latest action against the Syrian dictator will again fall somewhere in between, and thus his already besieged people can expect the worst may be yet to come.

- But if the Syrian conflict has taught us anything, it's that misinformation and disinformation have created almost eight years worth of fact free analysis and hysterics, which have provided Assad's much needed victims with half-baked measures or no measures at all.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/comment/2018/4/11/trumps-phoney-war-against-assad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is shortly after the 2013 sarin attack in East Ghouta. Absolutely nothing more than a demonstration of the atrocities that occur on the Syrian civilians. But hey, what can you expect from a Kremlin paid propagandist.
You're probably quite pleased that trump appears willing to risk ww3 over this aren't you. And no I'm not paid, and I am a local footy fan. I was going to join armed forces in 2002, but after seeing all the bullshit and lies in the wake of 9/11 I changed my mind on that and regard any push towards war with great skepticism. It's horrible to see these crimes, but the rush to accuse, and escalate war is suicide.

lefties are Pro war these days
media no debate
no evidence needed
ww3 here we come

West war machine rolls in
somebody might just stop it

All of Russia, Iran & Turkey threatening to target & hit Israel first, has stopped it dead in it's tracks.....Funny that.

USA has been slaughtering Russian mercenaries in eastern Syria. At a 1:100 casualty rate. Kremlin minions and anti war activists screeching about WW3 are clueless. Russia is a paper tiger.

Last edited:
Assadists are not so brave now that they aren't facing shopkeepers with AKs and women with kids. Only hearing squeaking and pleas for international law and human rights, this band of miscreants scramble at the fear of airstrikes - something free Syrian civilians have had to endure for so long.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back