Society & Culture Associating yourself with another culture in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Australia but definitely feel more drawn to the former Yugoslavia and identify myself as Bosnian. Will move there when I finish up at Uni.

Nothing wrong with being patriotic about Australia. It's a sensational country. It's another thing to be a ****** about it - southern cross tattoos, dumbarses at festivals parading around in the Aussie flag, bogans with meat-headed slogan stickers on their utes/4WD, etc. Most of these dickheads probably couldn't even tell you our first PM or would run the other way if their country needed them in the armed forces. It's a wank.
****ing this

Sensational country, No matter how hard F**kwits try to ruin it. Apart from accidently pissing off aboriginals and believing we're the boss of them and dictate how they live we're pretty good

Was going out with a mate drinking when I was a teenager and my mate goes to the door to leave and his mother says to him (referring to the way he is dressed to go out) "You look like a refugee." :D

and crying like a choir girl?????

So you live in Narre Warren?

I'm in the process of growing a similar moustache.

Here is similar similar moustache from a bollywood actor:
23312541.jpg

Haha, no Narre Warren.

In the process of sporting one meself, in honour of the great Wild Billy Childish

childishhats1-820x250.jpg

The nationalistic, xenophobic flogs who put these stickers on their cars probably don't even realise that our national anthem contains the lines:

For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;

Pretty sure when that was written that was aimed directly at people from the British isles/Irish.

went through family tree and im about as Aussie as possible.

I can understand where BALKAN is coming from. If you're first generation Aussie, there is a lot about your family history, and identity that you're not going to find in Australia. I think it's pretty normal to have that curiosity, and sometimes conflicting identity until you have been able to connect with your roots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can do what he wants, it's his perogative. But in terms of quality of life, I can assure you there is no comparison between Australia and Bosnia. I guarantee it.

I wish I had interesting heritage to cling to. All my ancestors were convicts and settlers. :(

Although, apparently only 25% of Australians have convict heritage (and I have an alarming amount of convict ancestors :p ), so maybe that's something to feel special about. ;)

have you ever been there?

Yeah I've been there quite a lot especially over the last 4 or 5 years.

He can do what he wants, it's his perogative. But in terms of quality of life, I can assure you there is no comparison between Australia and Bosnia. I guarantee it.

I generally wouldn't argue otherwise, but 'quality of life' is a pretty vague and open term. Sarajevo is as good as a place to live in as any other European city IMO.

Yeah I've been there quite a lot especially over the last 4 or 5 years.

I generally wouldn't argue otherwise, but 'quality of life' is a pretty vague and open term. Sarajevo is as good as a place to live in as any other European city IMO.

You can admit it on here mate, the only reason you're going back is for their women.

Bosnian women > Aussie women

Last edited:

love the nz passion/entertainment before the rugby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back