Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure where you got those stats from. Or if you are using 2020 Castagna stats vs 2019 Turner stats.

what I quoted was career stats, and the point I was making is that Turner plays an important structural role, which we are missing. What I did NOT say is that he's some sort of super star, or attempt to deny that our list is seriously deficient in the lack of small forwards, which it is, and which needs to be addressed. But on the LIST WE HAVE TODAY, Turner is the best available small forward (and I don't count TT, Zurharr or Curtis as smalls) and ergo, we have missed him since he's been out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol missed Kayne Turner.

ummm, yes we have

Name​
Team​
Forward​
Position​
Forward​
79​
Career Games​
Wodonga Football​
Origin​
Northern Knights​
December 31, 1995​
Date of Birth​
July 12, 1996​
24yr 6mth​
Age​
23yr 11mth​
180cm​
Height​
181cm
75kg​
Weight​
82kg
Last Drafted In​
Round 2, Pick #25​
Last Draft Position​
Round 2, Pick #29​
Last Drafted By​
Career​
Stats for Season​
Career​
79​
Games​
5.6​
Kicks​
Handballs​
5.3​
11.3​
Disposals​
2.6​
Marks​
0.7​
Goals​
0.4​
Behinds​
Tackles​
2.9​
0​
Hitouts​
0​
2.1​
Inside 50s​

yes we know that spud Castagna averages 40% more goals per game than our Kayne.

When I think of Kayne, I think of that Sydney miss before Mason had his out of body experience.

T’was the small forward equivalent of MacMillan on Swan.

Interesting to compare Kayne Turner to Ben brown - 53 to 285 goals respectively...

Taylor, Thomas & Zurhaar... Another interested comparison, 3 of the most talented kids on our list...

Mahoney has played 2 games & Hall is average.

Turner isn't improving us much, if at all.
Turner is a fairly significant upgrade on Mahoney and hall, so I do agree we miss his output comparative to the alternative. However he has been in the system a while now and his output needs to increase. As it stands he is a vanilla small who doesn't offer a great deal at this level without further improvement and it is okay to say that without fluff comparisons to others like castagna

I hope he is back in soon and can hit that scoreboard when he does

Turner is a fairly significant upgrade on Mahoney and hall, so I do agree we miss his output comparative to the alternative. However he has been in the system a while now and his output needs to increase. As it stands he is a vanilla small who doesn't offer a great deal at this level without further improvement and it is okay to say that without fluff comparisons to others like castagna.
right, so you agree with my original post, thanks

When it comes to NMFC BF all-time weird player hatred, Ziebell and Lindsay is a combination for the ages.

1.6 goals per game for Lindsay and 1 of 9 players league-wide to average 20+1 for the skipper.
JZ is a good player. But “good” is all. He’s not a captain that lifts the team. He had good trade value a few years ago, now he has none. I don’t think he’s s**t, I just don’t think he’s a good captain. Completely different to LT, who was the most overrated player ever. And when I say ever I mean of any sport, at any time in any country. He was gifted games despite ******* up more times than he did something good. Absolutely joke we gave him so many games, but with a coach like Scotts it’s no surprise.

Turner is a fairly significant upgrade on Mahoney and hall, so I do agree we miss his output comparative to the alternative. However he has been in the system a while now and his output needs to increase. As it stands he is a vanilla small who doesn't offer a great deal at this level without further improvement and it is okay to say that without fluff comparisons to others like castagna

I hope he is back in soon and can hit that scoreboard when he does

Based on what is Turner a significant upgrade? Perceived forward pressure?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back