Training Training thread - news and live reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fordham will surprise a few I reckon.

His game is more suited to AFL, but that hasn't stopped him from consistently being one of our better VFL performers.

He's had 1 tackle for the season. If brad practices what he preaches then there is no reason he gets a game over clarke, wags or anderson.

Does anyone even know what the red top means? Last week in the training photos Tarrant, Dumont, Fishy and Durdin had red tops on
If they are red and white stripes it means we still have some left over from the 2009 roo shop clearance sale. I saw someone at etihad wearing 1 the other day. I'm glad i wasn't the only idiot that grabbed one.

He's had 1 tackle for the season. If brad practices what he preaches then there is no reason he gets a game over clarke, wags or anderson.

He's a pure outside type in the Gibson/Gaff mould. That combined with how unreliable VFL tackle numbers can be means there's not too much to be concerned with. If he is being selected it's clearly not that big of an issue.

Ok, I'm ensconced safely back in the bunker.
Does anyone even know what the red top means? Last week in the training photos Tarrant, Dumont, Fishy and Durdin had red tops on

Kimbo, I'd suggest you get down to watch training. The colour of the jumpers doesn't mean much.
That's true, the training top colours are usually just a rough guide. I'm more confident this week that the way they changed over and lined up for the (brief) game sense suggests that the changes this week will be Preuss, Anderson and Higgins for Swallow, Thomas and Hrovat. Assuming that what looked like a stray elbow to the throat that ended Higgins's session early won't be too bad.

I did say he was shaking people's hands, not that he was getting his hand shaken. The reading comprehension of a few people is a bit sus.

I'd have no issue with us deciding that for 3 years of development it's worth finding out if he can play. Probably later in the year though.

I'd be surprised to see Fordham before Clarke. Having said that, we've been holding onto the guy for years, might as well see if he's up to it.
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: for those potting Fordham before he has even played one game for us. Show a bit of respect for a young footballer. It's a tough game and if us die hard Shinboners don't support our kids who will?

MrJoels post is spot on. It's not potting him, it's just ala max warren. He's been on the list for 3 years and right now he should be well behind Clarke and Wagner in the pecking order

MrJoels post is spot on. It's not potting him, it's just ala max warren. He's been on the list for 3 years and right now he should be well behind Clarke and Wagner in the pecking order

Yeah I agree - I dont think anyone is potting him, they are simply pointing out he should be behind a number of guys in the VFL. He has never been an emergency so it would be very strange for him to come straight in

It doesnt sound like he is being picked anyway - i think everyone jumped to conclusions.

0ON-ZbOR.jpeg

Talk about mixed messages.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And as soon as I type that there's a big cheer from the centre. Another in?

Hopefully it was a cheer that Swallow was playing 2's.

no one dropped, or Brad quit?

Fordham spotted shaking hands........

Dunno, he might just like shaking people's hands.

Maybe he is going to be a dad

Lol

I seriously spat the old latte all over the desk reading this run of comments. :D:thumbsu:

Lol

I seriously spat the old latte all over the desk reading this run of comments. :D:thumbsu:

How old was the latte? why didn't you get a fresh one? Do we need a cafe'?

Is Fordham Gibson 2.0 as some have suggested?
I personally believe he is worse than Gibson because he is not very defensive (Gibbo lays some huge tackles at times and can play the shut down role). He is faster than Gibbo and has a better kicking style but its not very accurate from what I have seen. If he ever gets a game I would support him 100% but it would be silly to play him ahead of Clarke, Anderson, Mountford and Wagner

I'd be very surprised since he didnt get a game in the JLT.....not to say that means everything.

But theyve kept him on the list so may as well to see if he can add something. And if not he will be another Brad McKenzie and culled at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back