Australia vs Pakistan- 3rd Test (SCG) 3-7 Jan 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the ball swing more in altitude? Thought it'd be less with the lighter conditions
The ball always seems to swing on the high veld, downside of that is if you're not acclimatised to playing at altitude, you tire much more quickly.

The ball always seems to swing on the high veld, downside of that is if you're not acclimatised to playing at altitude, you tire much more quickly.

I've not ever batted longer than 36 overs so I'm best to avoid altitude!

Last edited:

The last test in India is the highest test venue in the world (when we play India there for the first time) and often the ODI and IPL games that have been played there have had snow delays.

It's also the most picturesque, with the Himilaya's in the background

It's at around the same altitude of the village bowl at Mt Buller.

I've not ever batted longer than 36 overs so I'm beat to avoid altitude!
I was really surprised by how much it effects you. I was hiking in Nyanga in the eastern highlands of Zim, and even though that's only 1600 metres above sea level you noticed the thinner air.

I was really surprised by how much it effects you. I was hiking in Nyanga in the eastern highlands of Zim, and even though that's only 1600 metres above sea level you noticed the thinner air.
Hangovers at altitude are noticeably worse too!

When do we think Warne and Slater will realise that Handscomb doesnt but that deep to the spinners so Ashwin and Jedeja won't exploit how far back he is in India?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cartwright's defence looks infinately better than M.Marsh' from this small sample size. Doesn't go so hard at the ball either.

How have these 'expert' commentators not watched a single ball of Hilton before? How far up their own arses are they?

If Mark Waugh, a national selector, hasn't seen Queensland play shield cricket this year, I'm not at all surprised by the commentators not having seem him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back