The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFP is urging parents and carers to provide one of the most important life lessons to their children even before they start the 2024 school year – how to stay safe online.

1: Don't talk to the AFP.
Seems shrewd advice to me.

The AFP just showed they cannot be trusted. Parents looked to the police to help them. They got played.

The AFP waited until the kid turned 14 and burned him.

Disgusting.

"The report included incidents that Thomas (the boy's pseudonym) had made threats to hurt a female student and had sent a photo of a decapitated body to another student. The report also said he took his mother’s phone and posted a TikTok video of photos of ISIS and shared it with another student with the message: “If you tell the teacher about this I will rip your organs out." It is also said he asked his mother to buy ingredients to make a bomb...

He should be in an institution of some kind away from the public! Obviously if the police handling the case overstepped the law then that's bad, and those police should be dealt with, but to see this kind of behaviour and for your advice to be "don't talk to the AFP", the blood of anyone he hurts will be partly on your hands. His parents did the right thing, in this case the law seems to have let them down.

"The report included incidents that Thomas (the boy's pseudonym) had made threats to hurt a female student and had sent a photo of a decapitated body to another student. The report also said he took his mother’s phone and posted a TikTok video of photos of ISIS and shared it with another student with the message: “If you tell the teacher about this I will rip your organs out."

He should be in an institution of some kind away from the public! Obviously if the police handling the case overstepped the law then that's bad, and those police should be dealt with, but to see this kind of behaviour and for your advice to be "don't talk to the AFP", the blood of anyone he hurts will be partly on your hands. His parents did the right thing, in this case the law seems to have let them down.
He's an autistic kid with an iq of 71, you could have gamed him without even trying and if he's a high value target as was suggested in Estimates by way of justify this I'm the reincarnation of Osama bin Laden.

He's an autistic kid with an iq of 71, you could have gamed him without even trying and if he's a high value target as was suggested in Estimates by way of justify this I'm the reincarnation of Osama bin Laden.
Of course, if the police went beyond what is legal when investigating him, then that's not good and should be dealt with. But if your solution to that is "oh just don't report anyone to the AFP/don't talk to them" that is insane and dangerous advice. This boy should ABSOLUTELY be on a watch list and under a legal investigation. He sounds like a complete danger to the public and his parents should be praised for doing the right thing.

if your solution to that is "oh just don't report anyone to the AFP/don't talk to them" that is insane and dangerous advice.
If you're a prent of a kid like this, you have just been shown by the AFP that the AFP won't help, they will set your kid up and then throw him in jail.

They will RADICALISE your kid instead of DE-RADICALISING him.

A 13 year old.

Of course, if the police went beyond what is legal when investigating him, then that's not good and should be dealt with. But if your solution to that is "oh just don't report anyone to the AFP/don't talk to them" that is insane and dangerous advice. This boy should ABSOLUTELY be on a watch list and under a legal investigation. He sounds like a complete danger to the public and his parents should be praised for doing the right thing.
So what's the point of the AFP if they can't construct a case without having to resort to what they did? Theses guys have rivers of Government gold flowing to them and this is the best they can come up with.

If you're a prent of a kid like this, you have just been shown by the AFP that the AFP won't help, they will set your kid up and then throw him in jail.

A 13 year old.
Yes, Chief. Some people need to be in jail, it's the safest place for them and the public. I think the parents knew that contacting the police there would be a strong chance he would have criminal charges against him. They probably didn't expect the particular police handling the case to step outside the law by doing it, and according to the magistrate that's what happened. These things happen in any organisation and they should be dealt with.

What's the alternative? Don't go to the police, watch him just get further radicalised by all the content he is watching online, and then see him go and potentially suicide bomb, attempt a murder, or do some other crazy thing all while you stood by and did nothing?

A 13 year old.
What did you want the AFP to do? Send him to boxing classes at the PCYC? Send him to a counsellor to talk about his feelings? Just because the kid has a low IQ doesn't mean he wasn't a threat, when clearly he was.

What did you want the AFP to do? Send him to boxing classes at the PCYC? Send him to a counsellor to talk about his feelings? Just because the kid has a low IQ doesn't mean he wasn't a threat, when clearly he was.
Have you read anything about this?

Yeah. It's either feed his fixation and entrap him, or let him go free to harm people.

Yeah. Those are the two options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

A child cannot possibly be given mental health services. Gotta lock him up.

Absolute state of some people's minds.
Chief... your advice was not to talk to the AFP... what do you think those mental health services will be doing when he starts talking about his ISIS fixation and making bombs and threatening his class mates? The dumber thing is suggesting people don't talk to the AFP about threats to safety. :eekv1: His parents made the right decision.

Chief... your advice was not to talk to the AFP... what do you think those mental health services will be doing when he starts talking about his ISIS fixation and making bombs and threatening his class mates? The dumber thing is suggesting people don't talk to the AFP about threats to safety. :eekv1: His parents made the right decision.
You can surely see that this AFP farce will lead people to not report issues like this. Yeah?

You can surely see that this AFP farce will lead people to not report issues like this. Yeah?
It shouldn't. The consequences of not reporting this kind of behaviour can be far worse. In this case our legal system still protected him from the AFP over stepping the law. The AFP investigation should be reviewed and any officers who did wrong punished to prevent it happening again.

The kid was on a rehabilitation path, apparently.

The AFP undermined it.

What was the AFP supposed to do Cmarsh ? NOT radicalise a child for the purposes of arresting him once he got old enough.

If my kid was on this path I would steer well clear of the police and seek private treatment.

Unless I was satisfied that the last people who abused their power like this were punished appropriately, and independently monitored and audited safeguards were in place to stop it happening again.

"The report included incidents that Thomas (the boy's pseudonym) had made threats to hurt a female student and had sent a photo of a decapitated body to another student. The report also said he took his mother’s phone and posted a TikTok video of photos of ISIS and shared it with another student with the message: “If you tell the teacher about this I will rip your organs out." It is also said he asked his mother to buy ingredients to make a bomb...

The State (Victorian in this case) Police already had a de-radicalisation and de-escalation program in place

February 6, 2024

...A Victoria Police-led diversion program was set up for TC, but weeks later he was engaged online by an undercover operative who Magistrate Fleming found “groomed” him and “fed his fixation”...

but the AFP f*cked it all up. THEY would have created a monster. Things should have been left to the Victorian Police.

Looks to me that certain members the AFP went the path of entrapment by seriously unethical methods.

I seriously doubt that this would be condoned by the AFP itself, yet I get the impression from a lot in here that this unethical methods are somehow endorsed and practiced in the AFP. Like the AFP, all and sundry, is stealthily conspiring against society.

"Don't contact the AFP, they're the bogeyman" off one incident where it is likely a member/s that aren't reflective of the ethos of the AFP.

That is some serious conspiracy theorizing if that's what some of you are thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back