Australian T20 Squad (Tri-Series)

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Promising tri-series coming up with England & New Zealand. Should be able to get a rare look at the national t20 side with a full array of players. Looking at the schedule we may get the usual bs with the test squad departing nearing the end of the series.

Has Short displaced Finch?

1. Warner
2. Short
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Head
7. Carey
8. Cummins
9. Tye
10. Starc
11. Swepson

Finch, Hazlewood, Paine, Turner, White, Stoinis, Laughlin, Ahmed,

I would have Short in the T20 side on what he has done in the BBC so far this season but not be added to the current 1 day squad as Lynn's replacement.

I would rest Smith or Warner and perhaps even Starc and look ahead to South Africa.

Last edited:
I would have Short in the T20 side on what he has done in the BBC so far this season but not be added to the current 1 day squad as Lynn's replacement.

I would rest Smith or Warner and perhaps even Starc and look ahead to South Africa.
Do we really need to rest the guys for t20 cricket?

Warner
Finch
Lynn
Short
Turner
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Zampa
Tye

Head
Maxwell
Stanlake
Swepson

Pretty straight-forward XI actually. The only spot I had trouble with was the spinner.

That's not bad. They can leave out as many test players as possible with that team.

Yep, I'd be horrified if we play the injury-prone Marsh brothers and Paine in the T20I series, and Smith deserves a rest. Warner is the only test batsman we absolute need in the T20I side.

Starc and Cummins are so much better than the alternative bowlers that I'd play them, but Hazlewood arguably doesn't warrant a spot in T20's and can be rested as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith and Warner shouldn’t be anywhere near our best T20 side!

Warner should. His performances in the IPL are amazing, I'd be backing him in a t20 before a few other opening options. Smith is surprisingly very good in t20 cricket. It is handy to have at least 1 batsman who isn't a slogger too.

Umm?

Warner topped the IPL runs this year by plenty.

I think Smith was a top scorer in like 4 games as well.

Either way, it clashes with our only tour game in SA, I’d rather both didn’t play.

they may well play our full strength side for the 2 20/20's in Australia, and then the test players may move on to south Africa, while the best of the BBL complete the tri series tournament in nz.

But it hasn’t translated to internationals. He has had plenty of chances and hasn’t delivered

Similar to Shaun Marsh in that regard, in terms of the gulf between IPL/BBL and T20I form.

Still, Khawaja has had less chances, and it's hard to get much continuity going with T20Is outside of tournament play (because we play so few), so I'd be willing to give him a go at opening for a couple of games in a row, before heading off for the Test series.

1. Khawaja
2. Short
3. White
4. Head
5. Maxwell
6. Turner
7. Stoinis
8. Carey
9. Tye
10. Stanlake
11. Ahmed

I'm struggling for another bowler who demands to be in there ahead of an all rounder. Maybe MJ?

1. Khawaja
2. Short
3. White
4. Head
5. Maxwell
6. Turner
7. Stoinis
8. Carey
9. Tye
10. Stanlake
11. Ahmed

I'm struggling for another bowler who demands to be in there ahead of an all rounder. Maybe MJ?
AGAR the perfect fit, yes all rounder I know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back