Bad Food - the dishes that make you shudder

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't help but stifle a small part of my gag reflex when reading this story:

http://gizmodo.com/this-guy-gifted-...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Yes, in the US 7-Eleven will be selling breakfast pizza by the slice which will no doubt reach the lofty standards set by the quality of their coffee... anyone who has tried American coffee will understand.

Yanks are hopeless at making coffee.
I'd rather go without than have to drink that putrid sludge.
I found a couple more, well, hipster places in New York City that made decent ones but they were few and far between unfortunately. Maybe Jobe really was onto something by his barista-extraordinaire thing over there. ;)

But yeah, Starbucks was amazing with the free wi-fi. Made navigating around as a wide-eyed tourist a lot easier. I didn't have even one of their beverages though.

Anyway, dishes that make me shudder. At a now extinct restaurant in Chinatown ten years ago, there was a big group of us and we ordered, in among many other things, a dish that basically amounted to heavily spiced pig colon.

It tasted, amazingly enough, like arse.

Why not bring this up again for this discussion

And this

And "deep fried butter" came up on youtube search suggestions, I'll stay away from lookinh at that, ewwww

That thing from KFC where the bread is actually chicken and the fillings are hash brown, cheese and bacon.

WTF?
I've seen a couple of KFC ads recently that are supposed to be promoting the company but look like they were made to put you off. The one where the chicken is shown cooking in oil to classical music is particularly stomach churning. I haven't been into a KFC in over five years at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like hot spicy dishes, but I've had dishes (in Chennai and Bangkok) which were so hot that the meal became an ordeal. I felt like I was being tortured. My eyes started to squint involuntarily, I became dizzy and it felt like something was growing out of my brain and up through the back of my scalp.

I can pretty much eat anything. There are no foods I can't stomach. But too much chilli in a dish can make me shudder.

Yanks can't do coffee because they have no concept of portion size.

A shot of espresso is 30mL. I made myself a cappuccino before (dodgy one, using the office machine) and it was pretty close to the standard 60mL espresso/60 mL steamed milk/60mL frothed milk. That's enough coffee, enough liquid volume and more than enough milk for me. IIRC cafes usually have 8, 10 and 12oz sizes so a range of about 240-350 mL.

Starbuck's have 16 and 20 oz sizes. Tim Horton's in Canadia have 16, 20 and 24 oz sizes. 24 ounces? That's 710 mL of liquid, a good 100mL + more than a pint. Can you imagine ordering a pint of cappuccino and it not being enough??? That's always going to be milky/sugary/watery awfulness.

I hear American coffee is like screwing in a boat..Its close to water.

I asked for an iced coffee when I was in America. It was literally a cold long black.

Unhatched birds still in eggs & buried eggs, sex organs, whales and rodents. [not that I've eaten any of them but they make me shudder lol]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back