• Stars

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Renegades

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

First ball bowled at 2:45

How they got here:

The Stars stunned the top of the ladder Hurricanes in Hobart to make their 2nd ever final Daniel Worral was key with a 4 wicket haul.

The Renegades out-nerved the 6ers in a dramatic last over thrilling run chase in which Dan Christian and Aaron Finch dominated.

But it all comes down to this. Neither franchise has ever won a final so a victory would be massive for either sides. It'll be a Melbourne derby for the ages!

Squads:

Melbourne Renegades:
Aaron Finch (c)
Cameron Boyce
Dan Christian
Tom Cooper
Harry Gurney
Sam Harper (Keeper)
Marcus Harris
Mackenzie Harvey
Jon Holland
Cameron White
Kane Richardson
Chris Tremain
Jack Wildermuth

Melbourne Stars:
Glenn Maxwell (c)
Jackson Bird
Dwayne Bravo
Ben Dunk
Jackson Coleman
Seb Gotch
Evan Gulbis
Peter Handscomb (Keeper)
Sandeep Lamichhane
Nic Maddinson
Marcus Stoinis
Dan Worrall
Adam Zampa

Last edited:

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Got my tickets. Couldn't believe getting gold tickets next to the sight screens on level one. Great seats. I just want to see a competitive contest and I'm quietly confident the Gades can turn it around against their nemesis and arch-rivals! Game on

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
The whole structure of the tournament is on the line with this Grand Final. If they get one person less than 40k at this game then Cricket Australia has some serious thinking to do! I hope they do, but i'm not holding my breath! Sunday arvo, two local teams, roof open with a nice sunny day, the stadium should be packed to the rafters... I wonder?

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
From a Renegades perspective, I was quite encouraged by Cam White's form last night. I loved the way he took the game on and he struck the ball beautifully. He has a point to prove and his experience could be telling.

Kane Richardson was horrendous last night but he won't bowl that poorly again. He redeemed himself with the bat at the end. Marcus Harris is the big worry at the top. He needs to relax and stop trying to hit every single ball out of the park. He needs to be aggressive, but it needs to be much more controlled. I'm sure McDonald has worded him up.

Cooper isn't making the big scores but he's striking the ball quite well. I wouldn't be playing 18-year-old M.Harvey in the final, particularly against a seasoned and experienced team in a massive game. Cameron Boyce has been a great recruit and well and truly exceeded my expectations of him, he'll be important tomorrow.

If the Gades can get Stoines early and contain Maxwell, it will go a long way to winning the game. Can't wait for what will likely be an epic encounter!

ozzz

Senior List
May 28, 2013
Back Pocket
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton Carlton Carlton
I'll be there, if only to avoid the TV commercial breaks.

s3-news-tmp-75806-screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_7.01.14_pm--2x1--686.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIE-BOI

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Got my ticket. Unusual start time though, do prefer night matches, reckon their a better spectacle. Genuinely on the fence for this game, just hoping for a good game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
17k tickets sold after the first 18 minutes of public presale according to Cherny on Twitter.

It would certainly be good if it was full, the day games just don't seem to have the same atmosphere as night games though, last year's final a good example of that.

Also will the sun at Etihad be an issue? Fairly sure this is the first BBL day game played there.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Got my ticket. Unusual start time though, do prefer night matches, reckon their a better spectacle. Genuinely on the fence for this game, just hoping for a good game.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
It would certainly be good if it was full, the day games just don't seem to have the same atmosphere as night games though, last year's final a good example of that.

Also will the sun at Etihad be an issue? Fairly sure this is the first BBL day game played there.

They could shut the roof. Don't know if they will. Bought a ticket on the western side to be safe.

Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the bbl was like the other codes and had a week long build up to the grand final you could realistically get 80-90k at the G for this. But with the semis and final being a couple of days apart it would be fairly optimistic to think such a crowd is possible. They will get 40k+ tomorrow and that’s good enough. Game should have been at 5pm though. Or even better play the semis one day earlier and have the final on Saturday night.

Marcus Harris is the big worry at the top. He needs to relax and stop trying to hit every single ball out of the park. He needs to be aggressive, but it needs to be much more controlled. I'm sure McDonald has worded him up.

with Finch (previously?) out of form/touch, Harris had to play the aggressor. It just didn't work. You could argue they're both trying to find form.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
with Finch (previously?) out of form/touch, Harris had to play the aggressor. It just didn't work. You could argue they're both trying to find form.

Agree he needs to play that role, but there is a difference between controlled aggression and plain stupidity. His dismissal last night was juts throwing his wicket away. Harper was aggressive last night, but he was smart about it.

Back