BBL Signings 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Could easily compete against an international side.
Unfortunately will be a paper team only. Green and Marsh will be in the test squad so we won't see them at all. Crawley gone after the first few games. Think Tye also? No confidence Richo will be fit for the entire tournament. ******* sucks (for all teams) that we can't find a window so the best players can play together (although with the WC this year it's understandable).

Hoping the 3rd international for the Scorchers is Mills. Can see him playing a few games due to injuries/unavailability.

Think Inglis, Agar and Richo will be available (Richo will get injured though). First ODI is on the 1st Feb. Green and Marsh won't be seen at all.
That is good news (thought there would be ODI overlap). Inglis still the likely cover for Carey during tests, but should be allowed to be released.
Agree on Richardson unfortunately.

Quinton De Kock when he retired:

Quinton de Kock has announced a sudden retirement from Test cricket with immediate effect "to spend more time with his growing family".

Since then he has played IPL, MLC, The Hundred, CPL and now the Big Bash. Must have realised home life isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus the final is the day before the 1st Test between England and India so you can guarantee Crawley and Brook will be heading over to India well before then as they absolutely should.

I don't think they'll be dropping Marsh for Green at this moment.
Green is the future, not Marsh. While a lot was made of his 118 on return, he followed that up with 28, then 51 and 31 in the fourth Test and 16 and 6 in the fifth. I love Mitch, he's a white ball star, but he has a career average of 27. If Cam Green starts the Shield season well, I reckon he slots back in. But either way, don't think both will ever be on Test duty at the same time, it's one or the other, with the 12th man being an extra bowler.

Green is the future, not Marsh. While a lot was made of his 118 on return, he followed that up with 28, then 51 and 31 in the fourth Test and 16 and 6 in the fifth. I love Mitch, he's a white ball star, but he has a career average of 27. If Cam Green starts the Shield season well, I reckon he slots back in. But either way, don't think both will ever be on Test duty at the same time, it's one or the other, with the 12th man being an extra bowler.I think most agree Green is the furute.
I agree Green is the future, but MM still averaged 50 compared to Green's 20.
MM deserves to keep his spot until he doesn't, and Green will either have to wait or score a mountain of runs to get back in.

Green's not the first or last young jet player to be dropped.
He'll be back.

I agree, they both won't be in the same side together.

Plus the final is the day before the 1st Test between England and India so you can guarantee Crawley and Brook will be heading over to India well before then as they absolutely should.

Astute management from the Stars if they've done that on purpose.

Stars might have a good team this year ?
Assuming everyones availability

Burns
Stoinis
Larkin
Maxwell
Brook
Harper
Coulter-Nile
Steketee
Mir
Boland
Rauf

Brook would open or bat 3. You’re not having Larkin soak up deliveries while Maxwell and Brook do crosswords on the bench.

Stars might have a good team this year ?
Assuming everyones availability

Burns
Stoinis
Larkin
Maxwell
Brook
Harper
Coulter-Nile
Steketee
Mir
Boland
Rauf
I'g go with
Stoinis
Cartwright
Harper
Brook
Maxwell
Webster/Burns
Coulter-Nile
Mir
Boland
Rauf
Steketee/Paris/Couch

Quality team when they're all there, however Brook will be gone by finals and likely Rauf as well

Despite no Head or Carey to be available, the Strikers still look like a quality side to me, Short x2, Weatherald, Lynn + Hose is alright. Not quite as strong bowling stocks though

I'm shitted Heat didn't use their retention pick on Hain. Was instrumental last season and will potentially actually be available for the whole season as opposed to Billings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back