Beep Test Stanton 16.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

test goes to 20.

Plenty of players get around the 17.5 mark, so 16.2 isnt that good for a professional, hell, even i can run a 10 and im by no means a fit bugger.

Your 10 is probably a 7 if you think plenty of players reach 17.5.

16.2 is elite.

I remember when I was about 19 and wanted to be a police officer (so glad I never fulfilled that desire) and at a beep testing session one guy did 14.10. It was huge. I can't see how anyone could do more than 17 unless they aren't carrying much weight on them.

The variation in beep test is quite staggering , some outdoor, some indoor, some both feet mist be over the line before beep some
only one foot, some allow for a player to miss the beep once
but not twice in a row, some no warning some are a set amount of warning(s). These can be significant factors on whether a 16.2 is a good score , indoors , with both feet behind before the beep, no warnings and no allowances for a miss , 16.2 is at the higher end !

I remember when I was about 19 and wanted to be a police officer (so glad I never fulfilled that desire) and at a beep testing session one guy did 14.10. It was huge. I can't see how anyone could do more than 17 unless they aren't carrying much weight on them.
Well you cant be carrrying any sort of body fat basically

Lets just say, You couldnt get a random joe off the street and train them for a year to get over 16 in the beep test, 10-12 is deemed pretty good and fit, but the numbers trick some people who dont realise how the beep test works, it has such a uphill target from about 8,

I know state basketballers who get 14-15, and these blokes run at least 2k's before even starting training and 2k's afterwards

"The Indian Soccer squad has an average beep test score of 11.7, with Steven Dias as the best. The article reported that the world standard for soccer players is is 13.09, (as reported by the Hindustan Times online, July 2007)."

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/beep-test.htm

Hilarious really. No wonder they love cricket

pppffft they are pretty piss weak ..mitchell madness would flog them ;)

I think Andrew Walker got 17.3 last year.
I think that's what his father posted.

Walker is a machine with his training and recovery.

Didn't miss a beat after coming back from three shoulder reconstructions and a broken collarbone.

Fevola goes out and get smashed whilst he's taking medication after surgery. :eek: :D
Is this the same arc that Dale Thomas excelled at the draft combine.
I think you're referring to Dane Swan who has to go to the bench for a spell to complete his beep test. :D

http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Coach_AFL/coaching_manual/youth_coaching_manual/AFLYouthCoachingManual2010_12.pdf
Scales Descriptors
5 Rare Beep test of 16 plus. Except ruckman, tall FF, FB lines 14.5 plus.
4 Excellent Beep test of 15 plus. Except ruckman, tall FF, FB lines 13.5 plus.
3 Good Beep test of 13.5 plus. Except ruckman, tall FF, FB lines 12.5 plus.
Not been officially tested but regarded as very good.
2 Marginal Beep test of 12 plus except ruckman, tall FF, FB lines, 11 plus.
Not been officially tested but regarded as okay.
1 Poor Beep test of below 12, except ruckman, tall FF, FB lines - below 11.
Not been tested but doesn’t appear to have good endurance.

http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Coach_AFL/coaching_manual/youth_coaching_manual/AFLYouthCoachingManual2010_12.pdf

Lobbe ran 14.3 to Kreuzer's and Robbie Tarrant's 14.2.

test goes to 20.

Plenty of players get around the 17.5 mark, so 16.2 isnt that good for a professional, hell, even i can run a 10 and im by no means a fit bugger.

16.2 is bloody excellent for a footballer and the test goes plenty higher than 20. Carlton started it in the mid teens last week so they could go faster and two guys made it past 22.

It must be the off-season when we're commenting on a thread about a guy's beep test result. Any current player have a better score? Stanton and Prismall have both reportedly had good pre-seasons, so I'm not surprised at Brent's score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still at school, and theres a kid in my PE class that got a 15.10 before stopping because the class ended. I'm not sure why AFL players cant beat a 16yo kid from Bendigo.. He plays for the pioneers, but still.

I'm still at school, and theres a kid in my PE class that got a 15.10 before stopping because the class ended. I'm not sure why AFL players cant beat a 16yo kid from Bendigo.. He plays for the pioneers, but still.
Some people are just runners and that's all they do. AFL players lift some pretty decent weights, carry bulk, have to work on skills and tackling and need to be able to run fast as well as have endurance.

As has been mentioned, not every beep test is equal. Unless it was a stop at first failure and dead on 20m, I don't trust a school's beep testing.

Some people are just runners and that's all they do. AFL players lift some pretty decent weights, carry bulk, have to work on skills and tackling and need to be able to run fast as well as have endurance.
Touche. He's very light.. The science of fitness is ridiculous these days, I think AFL players would benefit from muscle biopsy. Too bad it would cost them 3 weeks of training.

As has been mentioned a few times now - 16.2 is a bloody good result.

Like the Blues' idea of starting the test off in the teens. Maybe the Saints could look at this teens first approach. Oh ...

Pretty sure the Beep Test goes to 23 - but there are variations. One is a level 21 finish.

Either way - 16.2 is a good score. I never got to 16 (high 15's only) and I represented Victoria in cross country running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back