Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it was a big one, no doubt about that. But if you want to prove it was deliberate and calculated and systemic, without just using opinions by those not involved, then go ahead.

Explain how the mistake happens, the doctor looks at the film. Sees wobbly arms Aliir and then...like what is the mistake? He didn't see it or he didn't realise that when you fall like that you need a full assessment?

That explanation is horseshit. He is a long term doctor, he saw it, he thought he could get away without testing him because he has done it before. That is the only logical explanation...unless you can explain how the mistake actually happened? Maybe the doctor is blind? The video wasn't working properly? They got s**t angles?

Well it was a big one, no doubt about that. But if you want to prove it was deliberate and calculated and systemic, without just using opinions by those not involved, then go ahead.
I think you seriously think it was just a mistake.

You realise you are in a small minority?

Most people who saw what happened think Port tried to cheat and if the AFL had not stepped in, Port would do it again, no regard for players safety.

Media defending Dr is absolutely disgraceful.

Gerard Healy sayin oh the the Dr doesn't kept paid much so he's a Saint.

What a crock of absolute garbage.

The Dr trades on being an "AFL" Dr and uses that for status and marketing purposes.

Both to big note himself and use for marketing purposes for their private business

They ain't no Saints.

Welp that’s precedence then.

We know if it happens in a GF, and one of your best players has a head knock.. all good to send them back out.. worth the 100k fine.
It is genuinely concerning.

Does the AFL really think that Collingwood won’t wear a 100k fine to keep Daicos out there? Or Melbourne for Petracca?

Keep an eye on the free's for and against in the coming weeks people, we'll get smashed no doubt.
So Cats, GC, Freo and Tigers fans will get to feel a sense of satisfaction with the fallout.

Just a fine it is it seems and is being reported on SE. 100k apparently with none suspended but fines are useless deterrents to clubs that are stacked cash wise like Port.

AFL would never the guts to punish in any other way then financially.
nothing happening with the doctor is what boggles the mind for me, doesn't make sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably ease him out rather than a very public sacking. Doctor has a profession to protect away from the game.
maybe it's me but i feel like his reputation is already at risk due to this happening in the first place, but i think we'd have to know how he came to that decision.

Not really. How many of his patients are footy fans?
that's semantics. he was named in news broadcasts (at least in victoria). if his patients don't know anything then good on them for being disconnected but there should be some consequences for the people who okayed the decision, be it ken hinkley, the doctor, or another member of the coaching staff.
If it wasn't Port, could you imagine how hard Kane "the Influencer" Cornes would have gone on this.

He is like a dog with a bone and would not have stopped until there was a royal commission.
it's different this time though because... i'm not sure!

You might be right about why the AFL was lenient but this one is extremely smelly.

D-B-J was in a different stakes match. Port had won 13 in row, were already resting some sore players, and were on the road against a bit of a meh opponent. At the time, locked into a top 2 spot the stakes were low and DBJ is hardly a key structural player

The unfortunate incident on the weekend happened with the team heading for a thrid straight loss, in a showdown. Suddenly ladder position matters a bit more. And it was TWO key position defenders at once and Tex was already running rampant.

Do I think Port made a different choice because it was a Showdown and because losses matter a bit more now? Yep, 100% and that shows they simply don't get it.
I could go on, we subbed out Marshall twice in 3 weeks very early in games for same reasons.
And the claim that we didn't want to call it concussion so they don't miss this week, again it doesn't hold up against our actions the rest of the year. It's doesn't support the media narrative and fan pile on but its fact and was considered in our punishment I'm sure.

that's semantics. he was named in news broadcasts (at least in victoria). if his patients don't know anything then good on them for being disconnected but there should be some consequences for the people who okayed the decision, be it ken hinkley, the doctor, or another member of the coaching staff.

it's different this time though because... i'm not sure!

True but his name will be forgotten pretty quickly in the scheme of things unless you keep looking into the incident again and again. He isnt a high profile member of the club. Its only people in the know who will remember.

Chris Davies and Ken Hinkley are the heads and face of our football department and ultimately should shoulder the responsibility.

So Hopper is taken off the field then they let him back on and then do the review and now they want to take him off. But of course nothing will happen.
Can you really not see a difference between a club taking a little while to enact the protocols, verse a club completely ignoring them?

Explain how the mistake happens, the doctor looks at the film. Sees wobbly arms Aliir and then...like what is the mistake? He didn't see it or he didn't realise that when you fall like that you need a full assessment?

That explanation is horseshit. He is a long term doctor, he saw it, he thought he could get away without testing him because he has done it before. That is the only logical explanation...unless you can explain how the mistake actually happened? Maybe the doctor is blind? The video wasn't working properly? They got s**t angles?
And don't forgot Jones being cleared of concussion but subbed out with "migraine", a symptom of concussion.

A clear attempt to subvert the concussion protocols.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back