Gawn and Grundy - a failure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Melbourne could have used the draft captial and salary cap space for something better than a VFL ruckman in a flag year. Will be up against Carlton next week you'd think, then Brisbane at the Gabba - it's a long way back from here - the jury may be in by next week and it's not looking good.

12 weeks is a long time in football. “He’s now at a club that really values what he brings to his team, we’re certainly going to embrace that,”. Now there happy for him to be talking to other clubs.
least we actually played him when he was fit and available!

Perhaps if Goodwin party'd a little less he would come up with some ideas.

Top 4 team and a dysfunctional forwardline. He has fallen upwards this year.
Goodwin is such a flog. Developing a reputation for using post match press conferences to have a swipe at opposition players.

Grow up. He is such a tosser. They have a real entitled stink about them at Melbourne. Very unlikeable

Complete and utter failure. What’s worse is that Petty only got shifted forward late in the year because we had to save face and play Grundy. When he went forward he started showing how he could be a decent target that wasn’t past it like McDonald and Brown. Kicked 6 against Richmond and contests and presents very well.

We are close to blowing two years post 2021 given this muck up. We had something like 37 entries at one point for 2 goals. Don’t quote me but I think it was that dire. We kept a very good side to 60 points, we are so well drilled in defence but our totally one dimensional forward line is costing us almost every week.

I am not sure what the rationale was getting Grundy, he never succeeded playing forward when Collingwood rotated him nor has Gawn. Little patches, ok, but not up there as a proper KPF. We just need to move him on, take the hit, and concede it as a terrible call. We’ve probably got one more chance next year, just one. May and Gawn are getting on and when May drops off we will need to replace him as well. Not easy.

The solution next week is to play Petracca up there, we are shifting deck chairs on the titanic now, but at least we know he can kick goals and is dangerous. I’d honestly just go smaller. McDonald and Brown can’t be used. Van Rooyen is going to get two weeks for rinsing McStay. If Carlton win tonight then Weitering might be clunking 20 marks next week and ending our year.

I am at a loss for ideas, but I am not paid upwards of half a million gold bars to fix it.

Complete and utter failure. What’s worse is that Petty only got shifted forward late in the year because we had to save face and play Grundy. When he went forward he started showing how he could be a decent target that wasn’t past it like McDonald and Brown. Kicked 6 against Richmond and contests and presents very well.

We are close to blowing two years post 2021 given this muck up. We had something like 37 entries at one point for 2 goals. Don’t quote me but I think it was that dire. We kept a very good side to 60 points, we are so well drilled in defence but our totally one dimensional forward line is costing us almost every week.

I am not sure what the rationale was getting Grundy, he never succeeded playing forward when Collingwood rotated him nor has Gawn. Little patches, ok, but not up there as a proper KPF. We just need to move him on, take the hit, and concede it as a terrible call. We’ve probably got one more chance next year, just one. May and Gawn are getting on and when May drops off we will need to replace him as well. Not easy.

The solution next week is to play Petracca up there, we are shifting deck chairs on the titanic now, but at least we know he can kick goals and is dangerous. I’d honestly just go smaller. McDonald and Brown can’t be used. Van Rooyen is going to get two weeks for rinsing McStay. If Carlton win tonight then Weitering might be clunking 20 marks next week and ending our year.

I am at a loss for ideas, but I am not paid upwards of half a million gold bars to fix it.
Were there any available forward line options at the trade table last year?

Gawn could go forward and kick the goals Fritsch misses, while Grundy rucks!

Gawn leading from the goal square for sure means the best defender and an interceptor are tied up.

Fritsch leads one wing and another forward leads the other wing.

Splits the defence. And worst case is Petracca having a shot from 50m out.

I mean, * me. If Goodwin is out of ideas he should be out on his arse. That list is so strong.

Gawn leading from the goal square for sure means the best defender and an interceptor are tied up.

Fritsch leads one wing and another forward leads the other wing.

Splits the defence. And worst case is Petracca having a shot from 50m out.

I mean, * me. If Goodwin is out of ideas he should be out on his arse. That list is so strong.

Melbourne should be going for the threepeat this year!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were there any available forward line options at the trade table last year?
McStay, Lobb, Frampton, Gunston all would have been better than paying Grundy not to play.

I'm sure there are others they could have shaken loose with Grundys salary.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least he can clunk marks!!
They'd probably kick more goals if he didn't in front of goal.

On the other count even since Grundy has gone out of the team Gawn hasn't been overall as dominant as he has pre 2022. Although he's played a couple of brilliant games including last night he hasn't had a major influence in the other games. And I think this is the major reason they rolled the dice in bringing Grundy in.

Goodwin is such a flog. Developing a reputation for using post match press conferences to have a swipe at opposition players.

Grow up. He is such a tosser. They have a real entitled stink about them at Melbourne. Very unlikeable
Lol Goodwin gives the biggest nothing answers, didn't even mention Marchbank for the non-touch. He was upset that Brayshaw may have just had his career ended, a kid who he has coached for the past 10 years. When else has he done similar? And don't tell me "he's valued here" is the other comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back