Family & Relationships Being a Dad

Remove this Banner Ad

Proud dad of a five week old daughter
wish I had read this thread beforehand

it has been a blur but absolutely the best experience of my life
disappointing this week to have to head back to work

My advice to dads (based on alllllllllllllllll of this experience) is to get involved. Nappies are easy, baths can be fun and feeding with the bottle is bliss... we haven't quite perfected burping but I look forward to the day when I find that easy (hard to get the balance between not hitting the back too hard but still eliciting a burp)

I just love this little bundle of joy to bits!!!

Congrats to all the new dads out there.....i'm a proud father of three girls (9,7,3) and two pieces of advise that i was given that always stuck with me:

if you have a son you'll be a dad, father, then a mate.
if you have a daughter you'll always be a daddy.

2. you'll never have a s**t in peace at home ever again.

a link to this t-shirt was sent to me one day, may have to order it.

image.w174h200f3.jpg

Everybody told me about all the joys of fatherhood. Nobody informed me how traumatic it can be when your baby is sick!! Our little one already had to have surgery to fix up a hernia (6 weeks old) and then 2 weeks ago (7 months old) back in the hospital for a thing called bronchilitis. Scary as s**t. She was weezing and struggling to breathe...i was shitting myself.

Everybody told me about all the joys of fatherhood. Nobody informed me how traumatic it can be when your baby is sick!! Our little one already had to have surgery to fix up a hernia (6 weeks old) and then 2 weeks ago (7 months old) back in the hospital for a thing called bronchilitis. Scary as s**t. She was weezing and struggling to breathe...i was shitting myself.
Yeah thats the hard bit my oldest Daughter got her tonsills out when she was 3 and managed to have an alergic reaction to the pain medication which landed her back in hospital for 5 days, was not fun watching her lay there sick.

Yeah my son had bronchilitis around the same age. Made even better when we took him to hospital wheezing and coughing like someone with emphysema and a temp of nearly 43 in the middle of the night, the nurse in emergency said 'theres nothing wrong with him. Kids make noises with their mouths. Hes just making noises. Go home'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's it going now? Amazing how quickly things change at this age hey?

Awesome, thanks! He's 9 months now and it's more hectic but a lot more fun. He eats everything and is so quick getting around the house. The nightly wrestle to get him changed is good exercise :) He's nearly sleeping right through the night now too which is great. But the best things is just seeing that little personality develop. Won't be long and he will be walking. And only a couple more months until we take him to Australia to finally meet my family.

I'm a dad i have a 3 year old daughter, she is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Just try and be the best dad you can be, play with your kid/s

It can be scary sometimes having the responsibility and that someone else depends on you.

did you just have a baby Club?

No, but 'er indoors did :D. Nice xmas present thanks Nicky, a bouncing baby gal. Think it was created in NYC, however haven't gone down the Dave Beckham path when it comes to names (Upper East Side doesn't have a particularly cool ring to it).

I have got 3 kids (6yr Girl, 4 1/2yr Girl & 9 week old boy), would not change it for the world it really gives you life purpose.

It also has it's many challenges currently going through the 6yr old not wanting to sleep in her own room atm. She is highly intellegent with a very overactive brain is a fight every night to get her to sleep and then stay in her room the whole night, constantly waking up in the morning to find her asleep on our bedroom floor after sneaking in during the night. Wish she would take some advice from her sister who is lights out every night when she hits the pollow only wakes us up if she is sick.

I have got 3 kids (6yr Girl, 4 1/2yr Girl & 9 week old boy), would not change it for the world it really gives you life purpose.

It also has it's many challenges currently going through the 6yr old not wanting to sleep in her own room atm. She is highly intellegent with a very overactive brain is a fight every night to get her to sleep and then stay in her room the whole night, constantly waking up in the morning to find her asleep on our bedroom floor after sneaking in during the night. Wish she would take some advice from her sister who is lights out every night when she hits the pollow only wakes us up if she is sick.

That must be hard mate, my 3 yr old daughter sleeps in our bed sometimes.
Also trying to get her into a good routine.

Perhaps a night light would help your daughter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back