Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos doesn't provide a strong enough contest yet.

Of the guys vying for that last forward line role Varcoe is clearly the best option.

Crocker wouldn’t be playing if Stevo wasn’t a brain dead dropkick. Hope it hurt him watching that and missing out.

Just like us losing by less than a goal last week where he clearly would’ve made a difference.

No weapons and gets destroyed one-on-one. The best thing he did was hold the ball in in that outnumbered situation late in the game.

I really don’t want to see him in the seniors ever again, but he probably saved himself with his efforts in the final quarter.

And the Small Forwards doing nothing in VFL Game

He can make way for Taylor Adams. I'm surprised Adams was even made to play VFL first.
Managed time to blow out the cobwebs and avoid a long flight both ways.

Managed time to blow out the cobwebs and avoid a long flight both ways.

I hope he is ready to go against GWS because we will need him. I'm not that worried about Richmond, I think we have their measure now.

This run of tough games should play us into a finals brand of footy now though which hopefully we maintain all the way through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the lead up to the game I wasn't in my mind putting unrealistic expectations on Crocker in terms of stats I hoped to see I just wanted to see some progress.

Unfortunately Ben more than any other player out on the field last night just looked scarily off the pace required for AFL.

Potentially he could improve next week but it was reminiscent of many of his performances last year in that he always looked rushed and thus under immense pressure whenever he got near it.

You couldn't question his commitment to the contest but after the game I think he even knew he had a bit of a mare.

Last edited:
Would rather give ATU a block of games, Crocker has been given opportunities in the past but just isn't up to it
Atu May very well have a future career of merit, but so far, he’s way off the Crocker VFL pace.

Let him learn in the VFL, no pressure, learn, develop.
Have a big pre-season, then see where he’s at.

Not sure do we give him 3 more games and then decide?
He was panicky last night which is understandably so.
Could anyone here do 1 week in a new job and blast through it?

You realise he's been on our list for 4 years, not 1 week? We already know he isn't good for christ sake, you don't need to throw away 4 points to prove it even further.

In the 1st half he had 1 turnover, 1kick and 3 frees against. Bizarre people want him to play again, he's a 4th year player not an 18 year old.

I didn't realize the club was a charity and gave games to players they feel sorry for.

Yep that's exactly what my post was saying

He gives 110% but he is just too slow for his size and the position he is playing.
He can have a solid VFL career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back