Player Watch Ben Crocker (Delisted 2019, Pies VFL 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the last 5 minutes of the drawn grand final and tell me Maxwell was a good, medium talent and no star.

He took on his limitations and became much, much better than he should have been and become the barometer of the team.

Chalk and cheese.
Maxwell did good but he was a medium talent with other extras like leading the backline.
But to me that was his level.

If Maxwell was a good medium talent then Crocker is bad low talent.

Good ordinary All Australian Premiership Captain
If Maxwell was a good medium talent then Crocker is bad low talent.
Crocker hasn’t reached the level of regular senior player. That will be his challenge.

Back to Maxwell. He has a lot going for him, was a very good player. Was a very very good captain.
But to me he’s the medium level player. He’s not a star. He’s not elite. His was consistent capable play.

That’s no slight, but he’s just not A grade level. Is he a better player than any of Heath Shaw, James Clement, Shane Morwood, Scott Burns, Mick McGuane?
Not in the discussion in my view. He’s more like Jamie Turner, Andrew Ireland, Gavin Crosisca and those types and Nick also brought excellence in discipline and leading the group.

That’s no slight to him.
It’s a great compliment of how much he got out of himself and made a fine career.

Overall had he not been a premiership captain he’d be lost in the sands of time, again no slur, but like so much in our game, once a premiership is won, estimation goes up notches sometimes beyond the actual play.

Really admire Maxwell for everything he’s done, but in my best teams of eras, Nick misses the cut as others are superior talent wise.

Crocker hasn’t reached the level of regular senior player. That will be his challenge.

Back to Maxwell. He has a lot going for him, was a very good player. Was a very very good captain.
But to me he’s the medium level player. He’s not a star. He’s not elite. His was consistent capable play.

That’s no slight, but he’s just not A grade level. Is he a better player than any of Heath Shaw, James Clement, Shane Morwood, Scott Burns, Mick McGuane?
Not in the discussion in my view. He’s more like Jamie Turner, Andrew Ireland, Gavin Crosisca and those types and Nick also brought excellence in discipline and leading the group.

That’s no slight to him.
It’s a great compliment of how much he got out of himself and made a fine career.

Overall had he not been a premiership captain he’d be lost in the sands of time, again no slur, but like so much in our game, once a premiership is won, estimation goes up notches sometimes beyond the actual play.

Really admire Maxwell for everything he’s done, but in my best teams of eras, Nick misses the cut as others are superior talent wise.

Off topic now. Nobody is calling Maxwell an A grader or an all time great. But he was a lot better player than you make him out to be.

So were Crosisca and Ireland too for that matter!!!

That’s no slight to him.

I don’t disagree with that about Maxwell I just think Crocker is allot worse.

Crunch game for him surely, we are really going to need a few B graders to put their hands up this week, depth severely tested, this is a danger game.

Off topic now. Nobody is calling Maxwell an A grader or an all time great. But he was a lot better player than you make him out to be.

So were Crosisca and Ireland too for that matter!!!
Agree but I’m saying medium level is a good level not a poor one.

I don’t disagree with that about Maxwell I just think Crocker is allot worse.
Agree there.

BC needs to even become a regular.
That’s the first step. Can he?
That is his challenge.

Not a high level talent by any means and when he earns his call up playing midfield in the VFL they shove him forward in deaths pocket?

He more than likely won't make it but seriously NOT an even break from the strategists last week.

There is a reason he was switched from his early forward trajectory to midfield - why ignore that?

Not a high level talent by any means and when he earns his call up playing midfield in the VFL they shove him forward in deaths pocket?

He more than likely won't make it but seriously NOT an even break from the strategists last week.

There is a reason he was switched from his early forward trajectory to midfield - why ignore that?

Unfortunately sometimes the last bloke picked doesnt get the luxury of playing in his preferred position.

Crocker basically does play the same position, high half forward pushing up to the wings the same as checkers. Some weeks he's needed deeper in attack and others more wing, you see the same with Stevo and WHE.

Naturally in the seconds you will have a larger role and higher game time which is no different to any player across the competition. Also Crocker did start further up the ground and got done holding the ball and was jittery with the fumbles so we pushed him forward where it doesn't hurt us as much and so he could settle his nerves and become acclimated to the pace, it was a hot game to come into.
Crocker should look at what Mitch Robinson has done, I think he's capable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chuck him high then chuck him out if he doesn't perform, but for gods sake he's not a frickin forwards puckered A-hole so don't play him there!!

Crocker is a high hff leading up to the wing or a def fwd depending on match ups the same as the caff was. That's Crockers only gig and the same role he's always had.

He's not in the bottom half a dozen rated players so make sure you pot those players before Crock

Crocker is a high hff leading up to the wing or a def fwd depending on match ups the same as the caff was. That's Crockers only gig and the same role he's always had.

One of the worst players I've ever seen. So weak one on one. And as a supposed medium marking forward, he can't take a mark unless it drops on his chest. Worse hands than Dawes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back