Ben Stratton Interview, SportFM 3.4.2013

Remove this Banner Ad

TNTre

All Australian
Apr 23, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a presenter on 91.3 SportFM over here in the West. This week on Thursday I'll be interviewing Ben Stratton at 4:30pm Perth time. If you have any questions you'd like asked let me know. I can post a podcast of the interview on here afterwards. We do take talkback calls and SMS' as well, so if you have a question you'd like answered at the time I can try to do that as well.

If you want to stream it, it's live on http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/pe...-sports-coverage/story-e6frg1wu-1111118841896

The player is in there. For those who don't know, or haven't heard of SportFM (It's ok, not many people have) it's a community station over here in Perth, that thinks itself a very poor mans SEN.

I'm a presenter on 91.3 SportFM over here in the West. This week on Thursday I'll be interviewing Ben Stratton at 4:30pm Perth time. If you have any questions you'd like asked let me know. I can post a podcast of the interview on here afterwards. We do take talkback calls and SMS' as well, so if you have a question you'd like answered at the time I can try to do that as well.

If you want to stream it, it's live on http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/pe...-sports-coverage/story-e6frg1wu-1111118841896

The player is in there. For those who don't know, or haven't heard of SportFM (It's ok, not many people have) it's a community station over here in Perth, that thinks itself a very poor mans SEN.

Is it Thursday or the 3/4/13 which is wednesday? Other than that ask him if he prefers bacon in his burgers?

Ask the man if there has been much input and knowledge passed on from Lakey since he got there. Ask if he has seen any improvement in Shoey over the pre season.

Could you please ask him if there are any special instructions given to the team when a team gets a run on such as last year in the GF or in games against the cats?
thx

I must admit to always being a bit curious as to who they followed as a kid... Favourite players etc.
Boring but..

How about questions about his pre-season, seems to have bulked up a bit, took me a moment to recognise him on Monday.
And his style of play seems to have taken a step or two forward.

Cheers guys. Any more let me know, I'll put the podcast up when it's done. It'll be a combination of your stock standard media questions but I like to throw a few curly ones in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spudmaster - maybe just the WA boys

Ask him does he have a girlfriend
What's his favorite chick flick and did he cry
What's his favorite colour
Tell him I have two daughters I'm trying to get rid of

Just kidding
Ask him what he is doing/studying for life after footy

I believe the boys are flying out on Saturday. Would of thought it was Friday personally.

Would be very surprised if it's Saturday - got an email saying they were training Saturday afternoon at 2.00pm - so is it a case of straight off the plane and down to training - if so I'm changing my tip

Would be very surprised if it's Saturday - got an email saying they were training Saturday afternoon at 2.00pm - so is it a case of straight off the plane and down to training - if so I'm changing my tip

Players leave Melbourne at 11am on Saturday morning. It hardly seems enough time to prepare for what will be a huge game. They definitely are training on Saturday afternoon at 2pm though.

Players leave Melbourne at 11am on Saturday morning. It hardly seems enough time to prepare for what will be a huge game. They definitely are training on Saturday afternoon at 2pm though.

Weird - off to change my tip back to the eagles

Could I ask you a question TNTre?
Why does Sport FM always say Station sponsor after every advert?
As a community station, there are strict rules in regards to advertising. One of these is that there is a restriction on the amount of sponsors advertising they can have. The reason why they say station sponsor comes down to those same restrictions, to ensure people know that the advertising is only from the station. It seems odd but there are strong regulations in place for it.

In essence, it allows people to know that the sponsors are paying for that spot, otherwise community radio can be in breach of ACMA guidelines. Hope that helps.

As a community station, there are strict rules in regards to advertising. One of these is that there is a restriction on the amount of sponsors advertising they can have. The reason why they say station sponsor comes down to those same restrictions, to ensure people know that the advertising is only from the station. It seems odd but there are strong regulations in place for it.

In essence, it allows people to know that the sponsors are paying for that spot, otherwise community radio can be in breach of ACMA guidelines. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Keep up the good work, Perth needs the station.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back