Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Why are we discussing local leagues on an AFL board?
I’ve taken heaps of the last posts down and asked people to get back to the point of this thread.

Nathan Murphy set to retire tomorrow

Nathan Murphy set to retire tomorrow

And yet Collingwoods “doctors” passing him in the grand final, despite him by his own admission having blurred vision & memory loss (pretty classic concussion symptoms), was completely swept under the carpet.

Sure I get they won the flag and that’s big news.

But when Port did it, they got a huge fine and copped their right whack in the media.

The AFL is sinking their own ship. Oh it’s a grand final let’s risk this very badly brain-injured young man going back out on the field - thank * he chose not to.

He says he gets “delayed symptoms” with his history, and had blurred vision at the 1/4 time huddle. But he only got hit with 4.30 to go in the 1st quarter - so there was a time frame of maybe 10 minutes if you stretch it to the end of the 6 minute quarter break?

How do Collingwood “pass” him within 10 minutes or less, when 1) his medical history of his own admission says he gets symptoms later 2) a HIA should take at least 15 minutes, and he shouldn’t be near the huddle - he should be in a quiet distracted environment?

Additionally he showed clear symptoms of a concussion in the way he fell once McCarthy collided with him. No protective motion when he fell.

This is one of the biggest carpet sweeps of all time, simply because they won a flag. The media is too scared or unbothered to discuss it - considering most current media guys were close to Danny Frawley, pretty shitty if they are unbothered by it. Danny’s game is all for show 👍

When our great game is sued into oblivion because the AFL & the clubs did things like this - don’t blame the lawyers or the players, blame the blatant lack of respect and the cover-ups shown by the powers that be.

Attachments

• IMG_8186.png
    IMG_8186.png
    148 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8187.png
    IMG_8187.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_8188.png
    IMG_8188.png
    140.2 KB · Views: 73

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts go out to Murphy regardless if the rumour is true. You’d suspect if it’s at all close he will have to medically retire at some stage whether it’s now or after a head knock in 5 years. But he still has a life to live and footy would only take him to max 30-32 years old, there should be 40+ years after that. Go well young man.

And yet Collingwoods “doctors” passing him in the grand final, despite him by his own admission having blurred vision & memory loss (pretty classic concussion symptoms), was completely swept under the carpet.

But when Port did it, they got a huge fine and copped their right whack in the media.

The AFL is sinking their own ship. Oh it’s a grand final let’s risk this very badly brain-injured young man going back out on the field - thank * he chose not to.

He says he gets “delayed symptoms” with his history, and had blurred vision at the 1/4 time huddle. But he only got hit with 4.30 to go in the 1st quarter - so there was a time frame of maybe 10 minutes if you stretch it to the end of the 6 minute quarter break?

How do Collingwood “pass” him within 10 minutes or less, when 1) his medical history of his own admission says he gets symptoms later 2) a HIA should take at least 15 minutes, and he shouldn’t be near the huddle - he should be in a quiet distracted environment?

Additionally he showed clear symptoms of a concussion in the way he fell once McCarthy collided with him. No protective motion when he fell.

This is one of the biggest carpet sweeps of all time, simply because they won a flag. The media is too scared or unbothered to discuss it - considering most current media guys were close to Danny Frawley, pretty shitty if they are unbothered by it. Danny’s game is all for show 👍

When our great game is sued into oblivion because the AFL & the clubs did things like this - don’t blame the lawyers or the players, blame the blatant lack of respect and the cover-ups shown by the powers that be.
Was “swept under the carpet” because no offence was committed. He came off with concussion symptoms and didn’t return.

Was “swept under the carpet” because no offence was committed. He came off with concussion symptoms and didn’t return.

Hey don’t let logic get in the way of an internet forum s**t fight.

Jones was tested and ruled out, Allir Allir wasn’t tested, (you may recall they clashed heads with each other).
That too!

Pretty sad, at least he’s made the right choice for his future. Clearly, he sees the game pretty well so if he wants to stay involved with footy I’m sure he’ll have opportunity to do so.

Pretty sad, at least he’s made the right choice for his future. Clearly, he sees the game pretty well so if he wants to stay involved with footy I’m sure he’ll have opportunity to do so.
Do you think Sam Docherty will return? I really feel for him, not just as a footballer but what he's gone through as a person, seems like a top bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve, but he must be thinking about life beyond footy.
Having said that, he's only 30. I feel like he's been around forever.

No he was passed by the doctors despite clear directions that he should not have (because he fell to the ground without protective actions), and then HE took HIMSELF off.

If it was not for Murphy self protection he would have been allowed back on

Jones was tested and ruled out, Allir Allir wasn’t tested, (you may recall they clashed heads with each other).

That too!

And what happens when the rules state any player that falls without protective action is to fail a concussion test, the doctors “test” him and he passes? Is that not in direct contradiction of the rules? Did you not read what I wrote?

Hey don’t let logic get in the way of an internet forum s**t fight.

that was not logic though. Why should the onus be on the 23 year old displaying concussion symptoms and has a history of further delayed symptoms to remove himself from the game after the doctors gave him the go ahead despite going against the relevant advice, and why is that “not an issue”?

So now players are having to advise themselves? And we’re ok with that because the end result is the same?

that was not logic though. Why should the onus be on the 23 year old displaying concussion symptoms and has a history of further delayed symptoms to remove himself from the game after the doctors gave him the go ahead despite going against the relevant advice, and why is that “not an issue”?

So now players are having to advise themselves? And we’re ok with that because the end result is the same?

I’m not close enough to the incident to have a strong opinion or care, I was just being a pest. All I’ll say is that I’m glad the kid has retired and truly hope he succeeds in his health and well-being journey ahead.

Do you think Sam Docherty will return? I really feel for him, not just as a footballer but what he's gone through as a person, seems like a top bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve, but he must be thinking about life beyond footy.
Having said that, he's only 30. I feel like he's been around forever.
I’m not sure to be honest, he did an episode on Dan Gorringe’s pod shortly before the re-rupture and he seems seriously resilient. I know I would’ve given it up at this point but he’s a different breed that’s for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back