Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Not a rumour, 100% fact. Big name recruits are given minimal fee "leases" on cars and houses by the clubs sponsors
100% above board and nothing the AFL can do about it.
Bevo and Bont drive a Merc 4x4 as brand ambassadors from the club's 2nd major sponsor.

Still less of a rort than Judd's mum getting a job at Visy.

Bevo and Bont drive a Merc 4x4 as brand ambassadors from the club's 2nd major sponsor.

Still less of a rort than Judd's mum getting a job at Visy.
They would be leasing those on a minimal fee. Brand ambassadorship with team sponsors is no longer allowed after the Judd deal.

For example, I know Josh Gibson was leasing an Audi (when they were Hawthorns sponsor) on $1 per year

They would be leasing those on a minimal fee. Brand ambassadorship with team sponsors is no longer allowed after the Judd deal.

For example, I know Josh Gibson was leasing an Audi (when they were Hawthorns sponsor) on $1 per year
I have a contact at Audi and Nicky Dal had a personal deal with them when at the Saints. Took a demo home from Audi and dropped it back every couple of months for another one. Kept their yard stock rotated and it meant he was spotted getting in/out of a different model regularly.

I have a contact at Audi and Nicky Dal had a personal deal with them when at the Saints. Took a demo home from Audi and dropped it back every couple of months for another one. Kept their yard stock rotated and it meant he was spotted getting in/out of a different model regularly.
He always was an Aud-side midfielder

For everyone unfamiliar with the term -

Wow, thanks for sharing its origin...

Now not sure why the motorsport forum I am on does not auto-change 'That Word' to 'Guns'.

That old prick at work - think I'll alternate between calling him a "Campaigner" some days, and a "Gun" on others - he's going to take both as terms of endearment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back