Not-a-cluey Best FOOTBALL RELATED RUMOUR you have heard from someone you trust Part Deux - Many lies and bullshit in here. Please read OP before posting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Nothing tough about that ... coward punch while Cornes isn't looking. Luckily Cornes got up ..

Reminds me of the Barry Hall hit. Similar. Far more damage caused.

David Granger was an amazing talent. Unfortunately he was one of the biggest thugs to ever play at the highest state level. He kicked a Glenelg player and broke his leg in a Prelim Final.
He constantly king hit players off the ball.
He was dangerous because he was so loose and unpredictable and just used violence, mostly coward attacks.
He was eventually banned for life.
Unfortunately he could play, if he stuck tot he game and played the ball he would of ended up becoming a port legend. Unfortunately only remembered for being a thug.

When he left Port, he went and played for Solomontown in Pt Pirie. Preliminary final, he was standing the mark and the opponent was having a shot on goal. Grainger told him if he kicked the goal he was going to smash him. You guessed it, he kicked it, Grainger smashed him and got rubbed out for the grand final.

When he left Port, he went and played for Solomontown in Pt Pirie. Preliminary final, he was standing the mark and the opponent was having a shot on goal. Grainger told him if he kicked the goal he was going to smash him. You guessed it, he kicked it, Grainger smashed him and got rubbed out for the grand final.
Pre-meditated assault - should have been locked up. What a piece of s**t.

You can't be serious with that comparison.
How old were you in 1982?

I require proof you were an adult at the time before I take anything you say on this subject seriously.

Who were they?
Actually, let's say 2, one owns a building company, the other was a centre man who crossed from North Adelaide with his brother

Speaking of North, they had their fair share too - 1 who crossed from Torrens, 1 from Sturt, and also a Magarey Medallist.

The grand finals between Glenelg and North from 85 to 87 were particularly memorable for the amount of fights and thuggish behaviour, then followed by the West and North brawls in '91 GF.

How old were you in 1982?

I require proof you were an adult at the time before I take anything you say on this subject seriously.

If you were an adult in 1982, perhaps we should be calling your fading memory into question instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granger gets the Port tax there were plenty of thugs in those days all you need to do is youtube SANFL from the 80's & 90's. I've watched the Granger kick that broke the Glenelg player's leg a number of times the ball was there to be kicked which is what he was trying to do.

Dig up the blood bath GF between North & West in the early 90's you'll see some Leigh Matthews-esque thuggery.

Calling Garry McIntosh a 'thug' is just ridiculous.

Agree Bomber. He was hard, but fair. Stringer and Salisbury were shockers. Just ask Richard Champion. I played in an internal trial with Glenelg back in 86 and Stringer belted me in the play. I asked him why at a BBQ after the game...he just said its part of the game. Flog!!!

I’d like to see categorical proof from you that I’m lying before I respond.
I’d like to see proof that you don’t have to be reminded how to breath - but I doubt anyone would be that forthcoming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back