Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
In another thread the debate of footskills for several players have gathered momentum.

Peter Daicos and Darren Jarman seem to get a mention a lot, I pushed for the Akermanis as best post 2000. Some other names I remember where Leon Cameron ,Alan Didak,David Mundy, Peter Riccardi, Adam Yze.

Who else gets a mention?

Dustin Martin
Lindsay Gilbee

Leon Davis, oh and a little known bloke by the name of Nathan Buckley....ever heard of him?

In another thread the debate of footskills for several players have gathered momentum.

Peter Daicos and Darren Jarman seem to get a mention a lot, I pushed for the Akermanis as best post 2000. Some other names I remember where Leon Cameron ,Alan Didak,David Mundy, Peter Riccardi, Adam Yze.

Who else gets a mention?

Sam Mitchell was a superb kick on both feet.
Leon Cameron was very fluent on both feet and accurate, but the bolded were on another level

Both Mitchell and Aker could really hurt the opposition, Mitchell probably the better vision, Aker the xfactor and penetration

Aker for me

On a side note, at a VIC coaching accreditation course, they used Didak for their training videos for the best kicking technique

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin that’s got to be a joke? Great player but is probably the worst part of his game.
Agree. Dusty does some miraculous stuff on occasion, and pulls off some of the most freakish kicks that others would never have the stones to even attempt, but you're right, he's been known to scuff a few too.

If we're nominating a Richmond player it's Dion Prestia. His delivery by foot is glorious.

David Mundy

Greg Williams, Mark Mercuri, Dean Kemp, Marcus Bontempelli, Simon Black, Scott Pendlebury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back