• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Originally posted by Eagle_Fan:
"It was a one sided game though with WC winning easily."[/b]

....must've been awhile ago then!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Eagle_Fan (edited 05 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Eagle_Fan (edited 05 February 2001).][/B]

Sorry posted above before reaading 2nd page...

I don't recall Carey ever getting the better of Gaspar.

Duncan Kellaway on Nathan Buckley is good. The only touch Buckley got was when he smacked Duncan in the back of the head!

On the other side of the coin, Archer gives away height, pace and leap on Richo but still has his measure. I recall only once where Richo has been on top!

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Originally posted by Dan24:
Peter Caven vs Tony Lockett

The entire Richmond backline vs Jason Dunstall in 1992 at Waverley.

Scotty Turner vs Jason Dunstall some time later. The only full back to single handedly keep Dunstall goalless throughout his career.

lgsmile-RICH.gif

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Monkey Brennan v Jason Dunstall was always good.

------------------
I would neve have believe it possible for one human to say to another 'get cancer and die'. Yesterday I did.

Sandie...you are a sick person.

Bernie nominated:
SOS and Plugger.

Yeah, AKA wrestlemania.

Disgraceful the way the maggots have let their control on the game slip so far in recent years, that when two all-time greats match up, their duel degenerates into a scrag-fest. The antithesis of the Van Der Haar - Knights battle.

Tony Modra v Mick Martyn. The classic glamour boy vs the unforgiving defender. They have both had good games against each other with Mods' sprigs occassionally adding to the attractiveness of the Martyn head during a couple of mark of the year candidates.

sos sux so hes the bad part of match ups and mick vs modra aint bad but mick and modra were good

Mr Ripper - I salute you son!

I was at that game at Windy Hill as a 9 year old - it was absolutely specietacular... Always had heaps of respect for Knights (and Vander is my all time favourite football cult legend - hence 'The Dutchman!') but the contest was something else - and so unexpected because we were so ordinary - even with young Watson, Neagle, Madden and Big Rog in the 2s..

That really has brought back memories...

Agree with Pess that Hay is the new up and coming SOS (without the scragging)...

Other match ups:

Ablett v Salmon (albeit a shooting match)
Mick Martyn v Lloyd
Madden v Dempsey
Neale D v Hunter (excellent call)
Carey v Jak (best of last 10 years for consistent quality)
O

I've got a match up and a half for you

Neil Kerley Vs. Ted Whitten, 1963, MCG, SA V Vic, what a match, what a match up, it wasn't just a one game thing, these guys went at it every state game

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Originally posted by CJH:
Scotty Turner vs Jason Dunstall some time later. The only full back to single handedly keep Dunstall goalless throughout his career.

Garbage CJH, Jase was kept goaless a few times, and not by games were the ground was a water logged second coming of the great flood assited Scott Turner.

How about, Turner vs Dunstall, the only full back to EVER have 17 goals kicked on him single handedly! Theres a stat that dont lie!!
tongue.gif

Back