Best podcasts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Seems like every man and his dog is making a podcast these days, hell maybe I'll make one now. What podcasts do you listen to regularly?

I prefer comedic value, so of course my favourite was the classic Karl Pilkington from years ago. Since then the only one I've listened to regularly is the Nerdist which is decent though hit and miss, it really depends on the quality of the guests. Any others in this vein (or anything great really)?

A stack of music based ones (Metal Hammer, Disc Breaks with Llupa, Deep House Cat, Defected in the House, Euphonic Sessions, Drum n Bass Arena)

2 movie related ones - Yeah, Its That Bad! & How Did This Get Made. Both pretty funny and take the piss out of crap movies.

Comedy Death Ray/Comedy Bang Bang (name change)

I used to think the Ricky Gervais podcast was untouchable, but this thing is incredible.

Seems like every man and his dog is making a podcast these days, hell maybe I'll make one now. What podcasts do you listen to regularly?

I prefer comedic value, so of course my favourite was the classic Karl Pilkington from years ago. Since then the only one I've listened to regularly is the Nerdist which is decent though hit and miss, it really depends on the quality of the guests. Any others in this vein (or anything great really)?
I'm not sure how much you listened to, but if you haven't already go download the XFM archive of Ricky, Steve, and Karl in addition to their podcasts.
Some of the older Hamish and Andy shows were good value too, post 2010 they started to deteriorate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

train all day, joe rogan podcast by night. all day

and bs report

sweet Diaz quote.

Joe Rogan Podcast is awesome, Listen to it all the time.

Wide range of guests: Maynard Keenan, Tito Ortiz, Immortal Technique, the guy who believes in aliens, Tommy Chong, Russel Peters, John Anthony West, Shane Smith, Dice Clay, Sam Harris, B-Real, Bruce Lipton, Graham Hancock, Anthony Bourdain, Kevin Smith.

My favourite podcast is the BS Report. Also subscribe to and enjoy the Dave Dameshek Football Program, the Rich Eisen Podcast, the Coodabeen Champions, the Rub, Rush Hour and Marek vs Wyshynski.

Depending on the guests I do download the occasional Adam Carolla Show.

Here's the thing

Alec Baldwin podcast - guests include Letterman, Lorne Michaels, Billy Joel and Herb Alpert

highly recommend

The Basketball Jones.
If you're not interested in basketball then The [Blank] Jones (they talk about other subjects. Both are great.

Grantland Network is alright - The Jalen Rose podcast on tuesday is good value.

Old school XFM Karl Pilkington is very very good. A lot of the topics on the Ricky Gervais/Guide To's podcasts are rehashed from the original XFM shows. Get to hear the evolution of Karl.

Here's the thing
Thanks. Always found Alec Baldwin funny/intelligent.

Joe Rogan Experience & The Ice House Chronicles :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back