Best ruckman of 2018

Best ruckman is...

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How did the thread get this far without the omission of Ryder as a poll option being added. On form this year, and for his value as an extra midfielder I give it to Grundy but Ryder is close.
Probably because he has missed 5 games. Therefore he has played less than 60% of Port Adelaides games

Think both Gawn and Grundy make the AA side but Gawn will be the starting ruck. Be interesting to see how both poll in the brownlow.
They’ve been neck and neck all season. Neither have dropped off at all.

They’ve been neck and neck all season. Neither have dropped off at all.
Not really...

Grundy started with a bang and was the favourite for the ruck spot until Gawn had built his form back up.

I think people have Gawn ahead now for the reason that Gawns best is better while Grundy has been playing to an extremely high level all year, Gawn had a few indifferent games at the start of the year but has now built his form back to what it was in 2016.

I don't think there is much difference and over the journey who knows, but "neck and neck" is not reflective of their performances when compared IMO.

Not really...

Grundy started with a bang and was the favourite for the ruck spot until Gawn had built his form back up.

I think people have Gawn ahead now for the reason that Gawns best is better while Grundy has been playing to an extremely high level all year, Gawn had a few indifferent games at the start of the year but has now built his form back to what it was in 2016.

I don't think there is much difference and over the journey who knows, but "neck and neck" is not reflective of their performances when compared IMO.
Not really...

They’ve been neck and neck all season, and both started pretty well and maintained. They’ve been very hard to split and both are/have been in unbelievable form all season long.

7DB90FA8-81EF-43EA-B207-2C72AB215ED1.jpeg

83FE08F1-26FE-4BC2-8EFB-A170ACB700D7.jpeg

Not really...

They’ve been neck and neck all season, and both started pretty well and maintained. They’ve been very hard to split and both are/have been in unbelievable form all season long.

View attachment 526401

View attachment 526402
Gawns impact has picked up through the year, he's improved as the year has gone by.

Grundy was the clear choice before about round 6.

Probably not as much as I first given the numbers you have been so kind to provide, I've probably overstated it but stats do not tell the whole story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy was destroyed by Naitanui and Lycett in first half before doing a bit better in 2nd half. Who was better when Melbourne played Collingwood?

I would definitely think Gawn is the better player
Line ball. Maybe Grundy very slightly in their head to head game

Grundy for me. His ground level work and work without the ball is hugely underrated. Gawn elite also. A beast in the air.

Its daylight to the next best. How anyone could vote NicNat above these two this year is laughably stupid.
Gawn very good tonight, at this stage i think he's contested marking gives him the edge, the man is huge! And mean to boot.

Another massive game by Brodie Grundy yesterday with 24 possessions (17 contested), 57 hitouts, 9 clearances, 4 tackles and a goal.

Max Gawn up against one of the in-form rucks today in Jarrod Witts, averaging 58 hitouts a game from the last two games.

We’re spoilt with quality ruckmen in 2018.

Another massive game by Brodie Grundy yesterday with 24 possessions (17 contested), 57 hitouts, 9 clearances, 4 tackles and a goal.

Max Gawn up against one of the in-form rucks today in Jarrod Witts, averaging 58 hitouts a game from the last two games.

We’re spoilt with quality ruckmen in 2018.
Those stats from Grundy are insane.

Back