Poll. Who is currently the best player in the league?

Who is currently the best player in the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The correct answer is probably Daicos but I'll throw some love to Jordy Dawson.

Raised a few eyebrows when named captain. Has moved from half back, to the wing, to on ball and is a critical part of the Crows rapid climb into finals contention.

Coin toss between Daicos and Butters imo. Shai Bolton not far off it if he can string together a season of his current form.

Toby Greene is the first player from that list that I would pick

I'd prefer Bont in my team as he can play anywhere on the ground and can play tall and mark the ball.
Id be happy with what we have, Shai can mark is great at his feet and can kick a goal but right at the moment Daicos is probably playing better than anyone else, of course it helps when your team is rolling over other teams weekly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee/Butters but because they play for Port no one notices them, if they were playing for Collingwood people would be losing their collective shits over how good they have been

This will obviously seem bias but it really isn't.

Nick Daicos is actually improving each week and constantly adding more strings to his bow.

I once said to my wife (half tongue in cheek) that he was the best player I had seen.
Now I actually believe it!

Since he has moved more into the midfield, I have watched his evolution.
He is fast becoming a blend of the power of a Degoey, with the time and skill of a Pendles.
Imagine another couple of preseasons into him.

I am glad we are getting him cheap now because he is going to cost a bit moving forward.

I am at a point where I can see through the trolls now with a smile on my face because there is seriously nothing to dislike about this kid.

Except for the jumper (if you are so inclined).

Barring injury Nick Daicos will win the brownlow by a record number of votes and the record margin between him and second placed

by the way has there ever been a year when a player thats a shoe in for the brownlow thats got injured in the final round of the h and a season and that 1 match has cost them the medal.

Rozee/Butters but because they play for Port no one notices them, if they were playing for Collingwood people would be losing their collective shits over how good they have been
We all know how good those 2 are and they have been noticed. In fact Butters was spoken about as a potential Brownlow medallist.

Butters also right up there among the coaches’ votes, who I assume simply assess the players in the game on the day.

Some pure piss takes in the poll

Bolton, English and Anderson?

Is Oliver being omitted as he is currently injured?
Oliver will have been out for 8 weeks when he returns but I don't think he was the best player in the league before he was injured.
Bolton was called the best player in the league late last year and he's had a great year and been a matchwinner.
English is the best ruckman at the moment and takes marks around the ground.
Anderson has played some big games and is high up in the coaches votes.

Back