Poll. Who is currently the best player in the league?

Who is currently the best player in the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Daicos.

Haven’t seen enough of Daicos to know if he’s the best player in the league but can’t wait to see him play finals.

Given he’s so young you might expect his finals form to dip slightly this year compared to H&A away, and then as gets older and more mature for his finals form to match or even better his H&A form.

But if he can play as he currently is, in this year’s finals, at age 20 or whatever he is, then he is tracking for an GAJ-esque career.

Greene
Butters
J Cameron
Neale
Bont
Taranto

Daylight

De Goey

More Daylight

Jaicos
Tarrant (retired)
Naicos

by the way has there ever been a year when a player thats a shoe in for the brownlow thats got injured in the final round of the h and a season and that 1 match has cost them the medal.
If one match cost him the medal was he really a shoe-in?

For those laughing at the Bolton suggestion, compare him to Butters on the AFL app. Very, very similar stats and similar player types. Both very skilful and elusive.

It doesn't matter anyway because I think Daicos wins this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee/Butters but because they play for Port no one notices them, if they were playing for Collingwood people would be losing their collective shits over how good they have been
Yep besides the fact they are in the top handful of every award, will win AA and are regarded by everybody as superstars in a top 2 side, nobody notices them

1. Marcus Bontempelli
2. Nick Daicos
3. Christian Petracca
4. James Sicily
5. Clayton Oliver
6. Toby Greene
7. Zak Butters
8. Zach Merrett
9. Jeremy Cameron
10. Jordan Dawson

Rozee, Moore, May, Dunkley, Neale, Miller and Lynch in the discussion

All bias aside, I think it's a bit premature to install Nick Daicos as the number 1 player in the competition.

So based on a combination of medium term and current performance, my ranking is as follows:
1. The Bont
2. Clayton Oliver
3. Christian Petracca
4. Lachie Neale
5. Nick Daicos
6. Toby Greene
7. Jeremy Cameron
8. Charlie Curnow
9. Tom Stewart
10. Connor Rozee
11. Darcy Moore
12. Zac Butters
13. Zac Merrett
14. Jordan De Goey
15. Jordan Dawson
16. James Sicily

I think there's a bit of a gap to the rest, who are a combination of emerging stars and stars struggling to find their best form/injured - Miller, Cripps, Walsh, Steele, Rankine, Serong, Brayshaw, Anderson, etc...

Back