• Sam Simpson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zach Guthrie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jackson Thurlow

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh... he's a workhorse in the guts. Still learning. Lacks some awareness clear of pressure. But extra minutes will only make him a better player, and benefit the team.

He (Menegola) has the strange ability to hit moving players on the tit with a pass, but put four stationary white posts in front of him and he can often be mesmerised by them.

Last edited:
Saw troy menzel yest on the piss w a few crow boy's at morphettville races. He's taller than what I thought he was

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My Cats Team

Full Backs: Jake Kolodjashnijj - Lachlan Henderson - Jed Bews

Half Backs: Tom Stewart - Harry Taylor - Zac Thuoy

Centre/Wing: Brandon Parfitt - Joel Selwood - Cameron Guthrie

Half Forwards: Nakia Cockatoo - Wylie Buzza - Lincoln McCarthy

Full Forwards: Gary Ablett - Tom Hawkins - Patrick Dangerfield

Rucks: Zac Smith - Scott Selwood - Mitch Duncan

Interchange: Mark Blicavs - Sam Menegola - Jackson Thurlow - Daniel Menzel

Some Notes

- Our forward line this year looked most dangerous with Buzza, Hawk and Menzel in the team. I feel Buzza can be immense next season

- If we are looking for a more agile forward line then I'd omit Buzza or Menzel for Corey Gregson

- If Kolodjashnij isn't playing up to scratch then I'd either bring in House/Gardner to debut or bring in Zac Guthrie with Tommy Stewart becoming our third tall defender

- I've chosen to start with Danger and GAJ forward but they will rotate through the middle. Joel Selwood and Brandon Parfitt can move forward with Cameron Guthrie a viable option in defence.

- If we are looking for more legspeed off half back/wing then Parsons is the man. This is where he played against Hawthorn (his best game) and also in the VFL prior to his inclusion in the main team.

My Cats Team

Full Backs: Jake Kolodjashnijj - Lachlan Henderson - Jed Bews

Half Backs: Tom Stewart - Harry Taylor - Zac Thuoy

Centre/Wing: Brandon Parfitt - Joel Selwood - Cameron Guthrie

Half Forwards: Nakia Cockatoo - Wylie Buzza - Lincoln McCarthy

Full Forwards: Gary Ablett - Tom Hawkins - Patrick Dangerfield

Rucks: Zac Smith - Scott Selwood - Mitch Duncan

Interchange: Mark Blicavs - Sam Menegola - Jackson Thurlow - Daniel Menzel

Some Notes

- Our forward line this year looked most dangerous with Buzza, Hawk and Menzel in the team. I feel Buzza can be immense next season

- If we are looking for a more agile forward line then I'd omit Buzza or Menzel for Corey Gregson

- If Kolodjashnij isn't playing up to scratch then I'd either bring in House/Gardner to debut or bring in Zac Guthrie with Tommy Stewart becoming our third tall defender

- I've chosen to start with Danger and GAJ forward but they will rotate through the middle. Joel Selwood and Brandon Parfitt can move forward with Cameron Guthrie a viable option in defence.

- If we are looking for more legspeed off half back/wing then Parsons is the man. This is where he played against Hawthorn (his best game) and also in the VFL prior to his inclusion in the main team.
I think Parsons was a HBF in the U18s Champs for Metro... He has good composer and kicking for that role, but not sure his overhead marking is that good to intercept, so I'm not entirely convinced on that yet. He seems better with linking up play, or when the ball hits the deck.

I dont see it. Not until he has done some training and shown that he can run AFL K's. On talent he will push for a spot.
How much speed do we possess? Just lost Motlop too.
I'm picking him before Murdoch without hesitation for that speed we lack. Annoyed that Murdoch is still on the list. Definition of list clogging plodder.

From our PF side we have Motlop, Lonergan, Mackie, Lang out. Ablett in.
So at the very least there's 3 spots available, one for Guthrie (inj) leaves two.

Likely to come from Murdoch, Zuthrie, Gregson, McCarthy, GHS, Cunico, Parsons. Hardly anyone that has a bonafide claim to a spot is there.

How much speed do we possess? Just lost Motlop too.
I'm picking him before Murdoch without hesitation for that speed we lack. Annoyed that Murdoch is still on the list. Definition of list clogging plodder.

From our PF side we have Motlop, Lonergan, Mackie, Lang out. Ablett in.
So at the very least there's 3 spots available, one for Guthrie (inj) leaves two.

Likely to come from Murdoch, Zuthrie, Gregson, McCarthy, GHS, Cunico, Parsons. Hardly anyone that has a bonafide claim to a spot is there.

Dr.. I think we underestimate how much harder it is a step up. On talent , he would be like Menegola and will be pushing for a spot immedietly ..but I have no idea how much work he does in a game. On the vids he bursts a lot.. the same as Motlop. ..but Motlop also used to run and run. If Kelly can handle the pre-season then yes he will push for games before many that got games this year.I doubt we will pick him to be in the twos for a couple of years , he was picked to add real depth now , in fact all 4 players have been picked with a bias for now .but until they all hit the track etc we really don know. where they will be in the running etc.

Murdoch at times looked like he was about to turn the corner but in the end got pushed out. He will be under more pressure in 18 as his pace will be less likely to earn him games. Of your list Gregson amd Linc have shown they can play if fit. Parsons may well slip. Cunico suddenly finds that he is no longer the new guys at its time or he will be like GHS. ZG will still be selected , has a big future and I dont see any of tonights affecting him

Would have been handy if we had got Watts for pick 35. CHF is going to be the problem. Confident with adequate talent everywhere else. Hawk playing up the ground and Danger/Menzel job sharing as undersized full forwards is about our best option I think.

B: Bews Henderson Kolo
HB: Touhy Taylor Stewart
C: Duncan Selwood Guthrie
HF: Cockatoo Hawkins Kelly
F: McCarthy Dangerfield Fogarty
R: Smith Ablett S.Selwood
I: Blitz Menzel Menegola Parfitt

I should add that is trying to pick a balanced forward line rather than saying Kelly and Fogarty will come in and be better players than those I've put on the bench.

Last edited:
Interesting draft night...

Kelly definitely been drafted as a Motlop replacement imo.

B: Bews, Henderson, Zuthrie
HB: Taylor, Stewart, TUOHY
C: Kelly, Dangerfield, Duncan
HF:parfitt, Hawkins, cockatoo
FF: Narkle, Menzel, Jones
R: Smith, ablett, Joel
IB: Scooter, Blicavs, Guthrie, Parsons

That forward Line will Be brutal tackle wise. And with ablett and danger floating through. Will be amazing to watch

FB Stewart Henderson Bews
HB Tuohy Taylor Guthrie
C Kelly Selwood Duncan
HF Parfitt Hawkins Gregson
FF Menzel Dangerfield Cockatoo
Fol Smith Ablett S.Selwood
Int Blicavs Thurlow Menegola Fogarty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting draft night...

Kelly definitely been drafted as a Motlop replacement imo.

B: Bews, Henderson, Zuthrie
HB: Taylor, Stewart, TUOHY
C: Kelly, Dangerfield, Duncan
HF:parfitt, Hawkins, cockatoo
FF: Narkle, Menzel, Jones
R: Smith, ablett, Joel
IB: Scooter, Blicavs, Guthrie, Parsons

That forward Line will Be brutal tackle wise. And with ablett and danger floating through. Will be amazing to watch

Narkle will be out for at least the first half of the year given his ACL. I think fogarty could fill that role though.

Jones (definitely) and Parsons (probably) drop out of that, Menegola will definitely be in there and any of Parsons Murdoch Thurlow Gregson or McCarthy could grab the last spot. We've got good depth and options everywhere except hawkins spot.

Narkle will be out for at least the first half of the year given his ACL. I think fogarty could fill that role though.

Jones (definitely) and Parsons (probably) drop out of that, Menegola will definitely be in there and any of Parsons Murdoch Thurlow Gregson or McCarthy could grab the last spot. We've got good depth and options everywhere except hawkins spot.
Taylor, Hendo, Stanley, Buzza, Blic could all play in Hawkins' spot.
I would love to leave Menzel at FF. With GAJ, Danger rotating as small forwards, we look very accomplished.
A full season for Cockatoo would be essential for us to progress.

Meant to say by years end. And yes menegola has to be in. My bad - I'd have him in for parsons. Re Jones. He looked genuinely good in the latter half of the year. Another preseason and he will leapfrog McCartney and gregson imo

B: Bews Henderson Kolodjashnij
HB: Stewart Taylor Tuohy
C: Kelly Dangerfield Parfitt
HF: Cockatoo Hawkins Duncan
F: Gregson Menzel McCarthy
Foll: Smith J.Selwood Ablett
Int: Fogarty S.Selwood Blicavs Menegola

Just wondering how effective GAJ would as a deep forward?

I would say he is elite as a marking option given his shoulder issues. How many goals are people expecting from him next season (or goal average per game)?

I guess it depends on his injuries and how much game time in the midfield...

Last edited:
B: Bews Henderson Kolodjashnij
HB: Stewart Taylor Tuohy
C: Kelly Dangerfield Parfitt
HF: Cockatoo Hawkins Duncan
F: Gregson Menzel McCarthy
Int: Fogarty S.Selwood Blicavs Menegola
Yes, This is more like it. Many earlier sides on this topic are basically reassembling the deck chairs from the past two preliminary final shockers and replacing those retired with like for like. That is not going to push us into a grand final, nor is Gazza alone into the team. I think at least 2 of Gregerson, McCarthy, Kelly, Fogarty, Nagle need to be in and playing great footy to really change our pressure over the ground. Let's not mention Cocky staying fit for a year !

B: Bews Henderson Stewart
HB: Cockatoo Taylor Tuohy
C: Kelly Duncan Kolo
HF: Parfitt (15 goals) Hawkins (60 goals) Fogarty (20 goals)
F: Menzel (40 goals) Dangerfield (50 goals) McCarthy (15 goals)
Int: Guthrie S.Selwood Menegola Buzza
Em Blicavs Murdoch Gregson Zuthrie Miers Stanley Parsons Constable Gardner House Jones Narkle Henry Hayball? Ruggles? Crameri? Collins? GHS Simpson Cunico Ratagolea Abbott

Fine depth this year

I think I won't know the Best 22 until after the preseason competition. Hard to assess who is ready out of the draft picks, if Gregson or McCarthy will be fit, and who has bolted over the summer from the younger group. Pass until around March.

On Moto G (5) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bews Henderson Stewart
Touhy Taylor Cockatoo
Duncan Menegola S Selwood
Parfitt Hawkins Kelly
Dangerfield Menzel Ablett
Smith C Guthrie J Selwood
Blicavs Crameri
Z Guthrie Miers

B: Bews Henderson Stewart
HB: Cockatoo Taylor Tuohy
C: Kelly Duncan Kolo
HF: Parfitt (15 goals) Hawkins (60 goals) Fogarty (20 goals)
F: Menzel (40 goals) Dangerfield (50 goals) McCarthy (15 goals)
Int: Guthrie S.Selwood Menegola Buzza
Em Blicavs Murdoch Gregson Zuthrie Miers Stanley Parsons Constable Gardner House Jones Narkle Henry Hayball? Ruggles? Crameri? Collins? GHS Simpson Cunico Ratagolea Abbott

Fine depth this year

Get Kolo off that wing and back in defence please.

I haven’t seen any of Tim Kelly aside from his highlight reel, and read a couple of articles about him.

Seems in the WAFL he was a clearance machine. So can someone explain why so many thing he’ll replace Motlop? Mots (at his best) provided run and carry and linking play. From my limited knowledge of Kelly it seems he’ll be a more skilled version of Menegola or S Selwood - no?

I haven’t seen any of Tim Kelly aside from his highlight reel, and read a couple of articles about him.

Seems in the WAFL he was a clearance machine. So can someone explain why so many thing he’ll replace Motlop? Mots (at his best) provided run and carry and linking play. From my limited knowledge of Kelly it seems he’ll be a more skilled version of Menegola or S Selwood - no?
You raise a very good point there. I dunno I didn't read the articles before I watched the highlights and he came across like a run and carry type.
But your right the articles do build him up as a inside clearance player.

Back