• Joe Daniher

• Tom Boyd

• Jesse Hogan

• Darcy Moore

• Peter Wright

• Patrick McCartin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at the level of Naughton, Blakey or what the two king's look like they'll become.

Blakey isn't a KF's bunghole.
2 contested marks in 7 games this year and 3 goals.

I like the other KF's you've nominated, the King twins look pretty good (I've personally seen more of Ben than Max; have been impressed) and Naughton has had some huge games - yet I'm not convinced of Naughton's long-term career as a KF, could see him more as a CHB.

Esava is raw and he has plenty of quiet patches at this early stage of his career, but when he is on he is hard to stop. 8 contested marks so far in 2020, of the players you nominated only Max King has done better on that metric (9 contested marks in only 6 games).
Fair enough if you don't rate him, but I reckon he's very promising and showed some of that promise in a Semi final against an experienced Eagles defense last year.

I like the other KF's you've nominated, the King twins look pretty good (I've personally seen more of Ben than Max; have been impressed) and Naughton has had some huge games - yet I'm not convinced of Naughton's long-term career as a KF, could see him more as a CHB.

Esava is raw and he has plenty of quiet patches at this early stage of his career, but when he is on he is hard to stop. 8 contested marks so far in 2020, of the players you nominated only Max King has done better on that metric (9 contested marks in only 6 games).
Fair enough if you don't rate him, but I reckon he's very promising and showed some of that promise in a Semi final against an experienced Eagles defense last year.

Ratugolea has almost two years and 20kgs on Blakey plus a better midfield and because he has more contested marks where this extra nearly two years makes a significant difference that means Blakey isn't "a KPF's bunghole"?

Ratugolea also only has 3 goals, so if Blakey isn't a KPF's bunghole then how the hell is Ratugolea one?

I esava, but i just dont think he is the next big thing in key forwards. he'll be a very good number 2 for years.

i saw enough in blakey to know hes going to be a star. pretty harsh on a second year 20 year old to be pointing how many marks hes taken playing as the only tall forward in the second worst team in the league. esava bloody well should have taken more marks. hes in his 4th year playing in a team thats 5th on the ladder with tom hawking beside him and ablett/selwood giving him the ball. hes still only kicked 3 goals.

Ratugolea has almost two years and 20kgs on Blakey plus a better midfield and because he has more contested marks where this extra nearly two years makes a significant difference that means Blakey isn't "a KPF's bunghole"?

Ratugolea also only has 3 goals, so if Blakey isn't a KPF's bunghole then how the hell is Ratugolea one?

Esava has played 7 more games than Blakey and came from a non-AFL background. Blakey grew up the son of an 300 game AFL player. I wouldn't say that Ratugolea has any kind of significant edge in his development, even if he is older.

I think Blakey can end up a good player, but I don't really see him as a KF (or a KF's bunghole).
Yes, Ratugolea has 20kgs on Blakey; I don't think Blakey will make up that differential, can't see him playing at 100kg.

If you rate Blakey highly that is your judgement, I personally can't see him making it long term as a KF. Maybe a KD.

I esava, but i just dont think he is the next big thing in key forwards. he'll be a very good number 2 for years.

i saw enough in blakey to know hes going to be a star. pretty harsh on a second year 20 year old to be pointing how many marks hes taken playing as the only tall forward in the second worst team in the league. esava bloody well should have taken more marks. hes in his 4th year playing in a team thats 5th on the ladder with tom hawking beside him and ablett/selwood giving him the ball. hes still only kicked 3 goals.

Esava should be hitting the scoreboard a bit more, but he plays further up the ground than Hawkins and gives a decent chop out in the ruck.
I didn't say that he was the finished product, merely suggested he should be in the conversation of up and coming AFL KFs.
I reckon he has the height, strength and leap to have an impact as a KF for a long time to come.
Blakey excited a few last year but I really don't see what the fuss is about; moves well and has good skills for a man of his height, but I don't think he'll be able to hack the crash and bash of playing as a KF long-term.

Back