Bevo vs Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

So we aren't strong enough as a club?

We are miles behind them.

The success they will have in the coming years will wipe that out.

In any case, I'll ask you, you'd swap to be there next week wouldn't you?

Coming years is debatable. GWS are going to be like something we've never seen before.

As for eradicating their debt, it helps when their investments go belly up they're just given s**t they never worked for.

We've had to fight for every thing, innovate to make it and we're consistently looked down upon for it.

Of course I would swap it. All any of us want is to see the cup held aloft by one of our own.

But I fully understand the reluctance to get into debt so far we may not come back from it. This would be the twice shy part of the saying.

Yeah they are doing what they are doing and doing it well, but they'd want to win one.

They are that far ahead of us as club right now it's not funny

Them paying for each supporters breakfast is the icing on the cake for me.

North would put on breakfast of stale toast with Marmite then demand $20 a slice

I'm not even jealous of them, I can't be, we can't compare or compete with what they have at the moment
Gee i love to say i disagree with you. However it has become glaringly obvious to me we have lost ground as a club.

13 million....
Is that true?
If so and the AFL go and give them good Friday and more Friday night fixtures etc I will be ******* livid. Why are they in so much debt? Has the AFL come knocking and demand wtf is going going on and making them accountable for the funding they receive?

Is that true?
If so and the AFL go and give them good Friday and more Friday night fixtures etc I will be ******* livid. Why are they in do much debt? Has the AFL come knocking and demand wtf is going going on and making them accountable for the funding they receive?
Yes. Investment went up s**t creek.

Yes. Investment went up s**t creek.
c6b119950ed0f9a4090a73f345422210.jpg

Is that true?
If so and the AFL go and give them good Friday and more Friday night fixtures etc I will be ******* livid. Why are they in so much debt? Has the AFL come knocking and demand wtf is going going on and making them accountable for the funding they receive?
Yep very true

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

P.S. Every time I see this thread title, I secretly wish it was 'Devo vs Brad'.

I have these visions of like a job swap, 'trading places' type scenario. The Devo guys in their flowerpot hats up in the coaches box, throwing their hands up in dismay at contentious umpiring decisions and busily checking their laptops with concerned expressions. While Brad is down in his basement, furiously trying to pen some bitchin' electro-rock tunes.

In conclusion, I probably need to get out more.
LOL. What a fantastic mental image yah painted there for us Deano. Great Work. :thumbsu:

I think Brad would punch the s**t out of Bevo. Don't think he'd even stop when Beverage started crying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me have we become Carlton fans?

Using debt as an argument when on field a team is miles ahead of us?

Staggering

I think most of us are aware of the problems we have, there are threads with thousands of posts in them.

**** me have we become Carlton fans?

Using debt as an argument when on field a team is miles ahead of us?

Staggering

Maybe we are truly at a point where we can aggressively reset, cut significantly and rebuild with kids, use the war chest to bring in guns.

Maybe we are.

Prior to now though, not really, we've had to build off field and make do on it.

That making do saw us in two prelims we had f*** all right to be in.
Maybe now we will be able to push beyond that without the threat of losing the club. I am however cynical. We don't roll over for head office and when we are weak they will come at us.

Watchin the cats on Friday night I realised that Geelong are us with better players.
Scott twins coach the same. Firm basis on telling the players to go out, get the ball and just kick it to a team mate.
They looked directionless and shellshocked without a clue of what to do / lacking instruction when they were getting the blowtorch applied.

Watchin the cats on Friday night I realised that Geelong are us with better players.
Scott twins coach the same. Firm basis on telling the players to go out, get the ball and just kick it to a team mate.
They looked directionless and shellshocked without a clue of what to do / lacking instruction when they were getting the blowtorch applied.

I would have still put money on our best side to beat their best side this year.

I think they have bigger key weaknesses than we do, they don't have key forwards that can kick goals consistently, don't have a ruckman and don't have any good stopper key defenders.

I think Bevo should get a lot of credit for playing to his strengths though, he does a very good job of not exposing their weaknesses, when they get possession of the ball they always have players running in front in numbers as options to receive and they still put pressure on when the ball is turned over.

I don't think Bevo is a particularly great coach, looked pretty dumbfounded when we beat them earlier on in the year, he just doesn't over-complicate it, it is why their second tier players have been able to walk into the side and perform their roles, it is why we struggle when a number of injuries hit, our game plan is convoluted and difficult to execute well.

I would have still put money on our best side to beat their best side this year.

I think they have bigger key weaknesses than we do, they don't have key forwards that can kick goals consistently, don't have a ruckman and don't have any good stopper key defenders.

I think Bevo should get a lot of credit for playing to his strengths though, he does a very good job of not exposing their weaknesses, when they get possession of the ball they always have players running in front in numbers as options to receive and they still put pressure on when the ball is turned over.

I don't think Bevo is a particularly great coach, looked pretty dumbfounded when we beat them earlier on in the year, he just doesn't over-complicate it, it is why their second tier players have been able to walk into the side and perform their roles, it is why we struggle when a number of injuries hit, our game plan is convoluted and difficult to execute well.
What? Bombing it long into our forward line is convoluted and difficult plan to execute? :stern look

I'd gladly swap 13 million debt to be playing next week.

Really? Did you sleep through 2007? We would be back on the brink. No way I would take that debt on to be playing next week.

A much easier and cost effective way will be to spend 2-3 years at the bottom, load up with top draft picks and then have another crack.

Debt / no debt
High draft picks / mid picks
Bottoming out / mid table mediocrity

Doesn't matter at the end of the day if you don't have a viable game plan against top 4 contenders and/or have the will, intensity and desire at the contest to win every contest and play for your teammates and the coach. The gulf between the dogs over the last 3 weeks and what we dished up in the past few months and in our shambles of a final is immense, and I am sorry but fail to see how the above influence that much.

What? Bombing it long into our forward line is convoluted and difficult plan to execute? :stern look

I think this defensive "occupy space" game plan is convoluted defensively and we have shown 7 defenders can't do the job 6 can do with a conventional game plan.

P.S. Every time I see this thread title, I secretly wish it was 'Devo vs Brad'.

I have these visions of like a job swap, 'trading places' type scenario. The Devo guys in their flowerpot hats up in the coaches box, throwing their hands up in dismay at contentious umpiring decisions and busily checking their laptops with concerned expressions. While Brad is down in his basement, furiously trying to pen some bitchin' electro-rock tunes.

In conclusion, I probably need to get out more.
I dunno, half time addresses ending with "Are We Not Men?" would be fine.

Marty mattner just coached Sturt from wooden spoon favourites to a premiership.

The bloke is a genius. Will make a very good afl coach!

Yeah but one of the Scotts has at least claimed a flag where as the other is just a s**t talking clown with no plan B .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back