Biased/incompetent media coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the Gaff incident, the airport incident and the rampant drugs culture throughout the club, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest the West Coast Eagles be stripped of all premiership points and removed from the competition immediately.

Where do I collect my Walkley?

Sorry, but a really good journo would've waited until we were in the Grand Final before publishing.

My understanding of this type of thing is that if a player acts outside of the rules of the game, it's assault.
E.g. If you bump and get them the head, it's not assault because the bump is a legitimate part of the sport.
If you punch someone in the head deliberately, it's assault.

It's for this reason why boxers are not charged for assault (or murder/manslaughter in extreme cases).

But the problem with charging Gaff is that it is not up to police to determine guilt, merely present the case to a court. Which means any time someone punches another player (regardless of body part) it should be referred to the police.

Sets a very dangerous precedent for the AFL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did Barry Hall get done for assault?

Bugg last year?

No.

So whats changed?

Bugg last year?

No.

So whats changed?

It’s the usual ‘set an example’ bs they are wanting now. If Gaff does get done for assault then as an eagles supporter I’d be expecting any other player who strikes the head of an oppo player to be done for assault. The funny thing is those calling for charges to be laid are the same people who’ll defend the next bloke who does a similar thing.

Bugg last year?

No.

So whats changed?

Not sure if you're having a go at my reasoning or at those suggesting he should be charged?

There's a reason QC's are coming out saying it is assault. Why WA Police are "taking an interest" source and asked the WCE to contact them. But like I said, by their definition, every strike on the footy field should be referred to the police.

My understanding of this type of thing is that if a player acts outside of the rules of the game, it's assault.
E.g. If you bump and get them the head, it's not assault because the bump is a legitimate part of the sport.
If you punch someone in the head deliberately, it's assault.

It's for this reason why boxers are not charged for assault (or murder/manslaughter in extreme cases).

But the problem with charging Gaff is that it is not up to police to determine guilt, merely present the case to a court. Which means any time someone punches another player (regardless of body part) it should be referred to the police.

Sets a very dangerous precedent for the AFL.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dont know if its been mentioned before butt Gaff and Brayshaw are friends.They played golf together during the week.
Which makes the very obvious it was a reckless accidental punch a little more plausible .Doesnt alter the fact he injured Brayshaw but makes this legal charge stuff unlikely.He could call Brayshaw as a character witness if they remain friends.

Yeo had no idea about the Brayshaw Gaff incident. Like most of our team. He thought it just lifted in intensity. Simpson never mentioned it at 3/4 time iether. There definitely was no footage at the venue of the incident it was 20 m off the ball. There was no replay.
The Dockers however knew all about it. So who incited their players . Who told them. Lyin is Lyin he didnt try to calm.

Yeo had no idea about the Brayshaw Gaff incident. Like most of our team. He thought it just lifted in intensity. Simpson never mentioned it at 3/4 time iether. There definitely was no footage at the venue of the incident it was 20 m off the ball. There was no replay.
The Dockers however knew all about it. So who incited their players . Who told them. Lyin is Lyin he didnt try to calm.

Totally this

As I said earlier in the day, if Lyon didn't want to incite his players, why not tell them that the break was confirmed until after the match?

When Nic Nat went down, the medical guys and coaches didn't tell the playing group until after the match. Why did the Dockers allow the players to know during the match?

Totally this

As I said earlier in the day, if Lyon didn't want to incite his players, why not tell them that the break was confirmed until after the match?

When Nic Nat went down, the medical guys and coaches didn't tell the playing group until after the match. Why did the Dockers allow the players to know during the match?
Because Ross Lyon is genuinely one of the biggest flogs in the football world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basil Zemplis the tosser tried to dig a grave for Adam Simpson live on 7 news just then and Simpson wouldnt have a bar of it. Good onya Simmo. Basil can gagf forever after that pitiful interview....

B: Is there a cultural issue at WC?

Simpson: Where has this come from?

B: Well it's been written (by who exactly?)...

Simpson: No I do think there is.

B: Is there an arrogance issues?

Simpson: What?

B: The NN camera incident and now.

Simpson: Whats that got to do with Gaff?

B: There is the idea that players can do whatever they want.

Simpson: What?

Basil is such a tosser. No words seriously.

Seven has a culture problem. Talking up Pauline Hanson casual racism on Kochie's racism with your cornflakes. That interview was a ******* disgrace. Basil Zempilas you big nosed ******* campaigner. That was a hatchet job. Anyone who reckons 7 is in our pocket have a look at that. Did Dockerland write your questions? 7 has a ******* arrogance problem so does pay the go away money Ross Lyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back