BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a big way for this to work is for someone well known on social media or even someone currently/formerly playing in the afl to start this petition. I honestly think it would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember reading that Eddie McGuire raised it a couple of years back because he was sick of his kids playing FIFA instead. You'd need to get someone like him kicking up a stink about it, and not letting it die down.

Honestly just think that the AFL is run by dinosaurs who still believe gaming is only for nerdy blokes who live in mum's basement. If they could see the impact that a game, like FIFA etc has on us, and our feelings towards their sport, they would be all over this. More people probably watch FIFA and Madden streams on youtube/twitch than watch actual AFL matches every week. I know AFL wouldn't ever get to that magnitude, but surely investing some money into a decent game, and shipping it out to all these countries their trying to expand to will have a massive affect. Imagine 12 year Billy in Chicago, surrounded by gridiron, basketball and baseball players, just wanting to get into a sport he can work towards and not be surrounded by millions doing the same. Give him AFL on his PS4, he can grow up playing the game, learning the rules etc. so that by the time he's 18-19, he can not only go to US Combines, but he'd actually have a good idea of what hes doing and wouldn't be a complete spud.

Sadly I think the AFL view it as a lost cause. 'We'll never beat FIFA so why try'. They are probably comfortable with crap games that cost nothing to make that at least stand a remote chance of making a small profit. They don't need to invest therefore it's one less thing to worry about.

We'll probably see a variety of half arsed mini games ('Mark the Ball VR') before we see a proper AFL title. I think it's generational - we need gamers in the senior ranks.

BigAntStudios my thoughts here.
Why not make the game while having a donate link for people to donate to. Build it off the first game, add career mode, add LeeARM and POULTERBEAR's textures and add Aflsquads lists. How good would that be?! I'd definitely buy it. Could it work?

BigAntStudios my thoughts here.
Why not make the game while having a donate link for people to donate to. Build it off the first game, add career mode, add LeeARM and POULTERBEAR's textures and add Aflsquads lists. How good would that be?! I'd definitely buy it. Could it work?

They can't do this because TruBlu are their publisher, and putting out a game in direct competition with their publisher would be bad for business

No doubt Tru Blu would be in control of the licence as well.

That said, a kickstarter or similar would do very, very well you'd imagine if spread around. I'd contribute.

I can't imagine an unlicensed Australian football game selling well when the games that are licensed don't even sell that well.

They can't do this because TruBlu are their publisher, and putting out a game in direct competition with their publisher would be bad for business

No doubt Tru Blu would be in control of the licence as well.

That said, a kickstarter or similar would do very, very well you'd imagine if spread around. I'd contribute.
What if it was a DLC? Have a nominal fee, put all the upgrades/squads in that and utilise the previous game engine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing AFL Live 3 is a dead concept now. Been ages with no news or even a hint.

Tru Blu and their soul sucking fun killing corporate practices have basically gone from our saviours to our worst nightmares in that they may have killed AFL gaming for another decade if not for good.

I'm guessing AFL Live 3 is a dead concept now. Been ages with no news or even a hint.

Tru Blu and their soul sucking fun killing corporate practices have basically gone from our saviours to our worst nightmares in that they may have killed AFL gaming for another decade if not for good.

It looked well into production from that leaked Twitter image.

Tru Blu only seem to announce things a few weeks before release.

It looked well into production from that leaked Twitter image.

If true can I get a link? Couldn't find it in this thread.

Regardless I would always consider myself an unsatisfied customer and incredibly negative regarding Tru Blu unless they reinstated Big Ant as the developer for AFL games. The swap for AFL Live 2 was incredibly noticeable and the quality drop even more so.

If true can I get a link? Couldn't find it in this thread.

Regardless I would always consider myself an unsatisfied customer and incredibly negative regarding Tru Blu unless they reinstated Big Ant as the developer for AFL games. The swap for AFL Live 2 was incredibly noticeable and the quality drop even more so.
guessing this is the picture in question.
3215618.png

First comment on Wicked Witch's trailer release for Rugby Challenge was something along the lines of "No comment on an AFL game". Probably are working on it but Rugby Challenge has been #1 priority

I looked a some footage from the BA lacrosse game last night. What a mistake that was.

What a world we live in where lacrosse gets full service from a Melbourne based footy friendly developer with an understanding of AFL and a proven track record, and the AFL with $2.5b in revenue and genuine concerns at kids following other codes couldn't care less at making a quality game happen. It's just so messed up. how long will this situation exist. Ten years? Twenty? They are behaving as if gaming itself is some type of passing fad when in reality they should have their own dedicated team facilitating a very clear strategy around digital entertainment.

p.s. pls don't tell me such a team already exists. What on earth are they doing with their days.

Don't give up just yet

On a football game or a good football game? Because with WW in charge and BA saying they're not involved in anything AFL, I'm pretty sure the ship has sailed on the latter.

I looked a some footage from the BA lacrosse game last night. What a mistake that was.

What a world we live in where lacrosse gets full service from a Melbourne based footy friendly developer with an understanding of AFL and a proven track record, and the AFL with $2.5b in revenue and genuine concerns at kids following other codes couldn't care less at making a quality game happen. It's just so messed up. how long will this situation exist. Ten years? Twenty? They are behaving as if gaming itself is some type of passing fad when in reality they should have their own dedicated team facilitating a very clear strategy around digital entertainment.

p.s. pls don't tell me such a team already exists. What on earth are they doing with their days.

I have Lacrosse on the PS4 - the videos don't lie, it looks great and is loads of fun to play! (Still burns me that it isn't AFL though)

I remember when AFL Live 2 was released there was a comment from the AFL saying (something along the lines of) they had worked very closely with the developers to bring fans the best game possible. I think it was just the marketing department though.

Your post raises a good question. Why aren't the AFL helping to fund something that could be so important to their own brand. If I had any say I'd do whatever it takes to get BigAnt developing the next AFL game with the budget that they need.

Right now I'm just hoping the reason AFL Live 3 is taking so long is because Wicked Witch have raised their standards and don't want to release it until they're happy with it. Seeing as AFL Live 2 is essentially an upgraded Wii game, I assume improving the graphics for the PS4 and Xbox One will be a big focus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back