Feedback BigFooty Forum Upgrade - Read OP first, then post issues and feedback in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall that. There was a club logo beside the user name - is that the one you mean?
Yes that is the one I was referring to. It made it very easy to get to your club of interest as soon as you logged in.

Over on the FJGD Board we've been having some issues with voters being unable to see some of the entries in the thread. I've encountered the issue as well (Google Chrome & PC) and sometimes it fixes itself with a simple refresh and sometimes not. It seems to be affecting a wide range of users but not too sure what they're using.

Well I appreciate all the work being done. It's easy to sit back and criticise, a lot harder to do something about it. And to have only 3 people working on the forum upgrade with a user base of over 100,000 people, 57 million posts and over a million threads is insane.
What's insane is to make that call without knowing the business position. It's a service provided free or at minimal cost. I get there is advertising revenue but still.

A bank doing an upgrade to core systems would spend hundreds if millions if dollars, and they would have a lot if money at risk. Woukd they have issues? Of course they would.

You have access to provide feedback and receive support on a short turnaround. To me the issues are minor.

Personally if someone provides a free online service my expectations are very different than they would be of a major corporation.

Yes that is the one I was referring to. It made it very easy to get to your club of interest as soon as you logged in.
Well if you like West coast then generally is on top and always the topic of a convo... Freo... Schucks, who cares!!!

Chief, there used to be an indicator on the notifications page indicating which posts where new. I think it was a little sun or something from memory. This is no longer that case so I don't know which ones are read and which ones aren't. This is in the dark mode.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/alerts

Over on the FJGD Board we've been having some issues with voters being unable to see some of the entries in the thread. I've encountered the issue as well (Google Chrome & PC) and sometimes it fixes itself with a simple refresh and sometimes not. It seems to be affecting a wide range of users but not too sure what they're using.
Could you get some links for me? Then I can have a look.

Have only just logged back in after Xmas and New Year. I've read the OP and a few pages into the comments, so this may be covered later on. My only gripe with the update is the lack of delineation between each post. Guess best way to describe it is a lack of contrast between all the different post elements. Essentially it all blends together to much, and makes it harder to read.

Appreciate that this probably more of personal thing and you can't cater to everyone.

Otherwise, happy with everything else.

Have only just logged back in after Xmas and New Year. I've read the OP and a few pages into the comments, so this may be covered later on. My only gripe with the update is the lack of delineation between each post. Guess best way to describe it is a lack of contrast between all the different post elements. Essentially it all blends together to much, and makes it harder to read.

Appreciate that this probably more of personal thing and you can't cater to everyone.

Otherwise, happy with everything else.
I might at some point darken the post info block, but otherwise the big ol' avatar marks the start of the post.

just right-clicked on the submissions as they were sent in and he clicked "copy image address"

caloschwaby was the one doing it so he might be able to explain better
As in clicked on the image in the post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just right-clicked on the submissions as they were sent in and he clicked "copy image address"

caloschwaby was the one doing it so he might be able to explain better
cc caloschwaby

gotopage-desktop-jpg.602607

Testing...

1546996464971.png
Shoutout to Fancyscum for being the first conversation I saw :p

Got the image URL from clicking on the image (just used this one as an example) and selecting "copy image address", putting said url in the "insert image" tool.

Most of the time the links work, though for two teams the links don't work. So I have an idea that maybe it has something to do with those two teams' users having some sort of privacy setting on or something. From now on I'll just upload their images manually so there's no real problem anymore :)

Do I even bother using this site for now?
Almost gotten to the point its unreadable, un-postable and unusable that I will move on and find other s**t to waste my day with.
Dont think I have ever had such a hiatus from this site in the past 11 years

I'm a bit spewin' there's no page numbers on my mobile (Sony, Android. Yep, I've read the first page). Is there a chance we'll get that back?
Hi chief, me again.

Just quickly wanted to second this.

The sub forums in the forum list don't show up on mobile. No indication that they even exist let alone access to them.

Screenshot_20190109-192639_Chrome.jpg

I'm a bit spewin' there's no page numbers on my mobile (Sony, Android. Yep, I've read the first page). Is there a chance we'll get that back?
Just noticed if you click on the page number 'x of y' box you can select a page number.

On mobile, can we please have the thread title somewhere in the footer? This was on the previous version.

Just a general comment, I think this upgrade has been handled much better than the previous one so kudos to those involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back