Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like my day will be Ruins, Code Orange, a bit of Pennywise, the last bit of AiC, Judas Priest and Slayer. Interesting that Slayer get a longer set time than JP.

Also might try to catch some of High Tension, Converge, Behemoth and Alien Weaponry but depends if the beer is calling.

Last edited:

Looks like my day will be Ruins, Code Orange, a bit of Pennywise, the last bit of AiC, Judas Priest and Slayer. Interesting that Slayer get a longer set time than JP.

Also might try to catch some of High Tension, Converge, Behemoth and Alien Weaponry but depends if the beer is calling.

In order of priority for me, Slayer, Priest, Behemoth, AIC, Anthrax, Ruins, Alien Weaponry, whoever else is there. I should be able to get through without missing too much.

My mate - "I forgot Anthrax were playing"

Pretty much sums up that band for me.

Albums prior to State of Euphoria were pretty good. I reckon Among the Living gets caught, swallowed up by some of the heavyweights (MOP, Justice, Reign In Blood, SOH) of the thrash world that came out around the same time. Unfair.

Also, the first 2 albums smoke. Pure, youthful thrashing madness.

Albums prior to State of Euphoria were pretty good. I reckon Among the Living gets caught, swallowed up by some of the heavyweights (MOP, Justice, Reign In Blood, SOH) of the thrash world that came out around the same time. Unfair.

Also, the first 2 albums smoke. Pure, youthful thrashing madness.

I just find their setlists are always pretty similar (Antisocial, Madhouse, Got the Time) and they find themselves high on the bill because Ian has some good connections in the music business. As far as thrash goes, I'd prefer to see Testament or just about anyone else. I'm not really a fan of "fun" thrash or Joey Belladonna for that matter. No problems with them playing festivals but not that high up on the bill.

I just find their setlists are always pretty similar (Antisocial, Madhouse, Got the Time) and they find themselves high on the bill because Ian has some good connections in the music business. As far as thrash goes, I'd prefer to see Testament or just about anyone else. I'm not really a fan of "fun" thrash or Joey Belladonna for that matter. No problems with them playing festivals but not that high up on the bill.

Fair enough. I reckon they’re a perfect ‘festival band’. Tune in for a few songs and move on. They’re made for the festival crowd. FWIW, went to the Anthrax reunion show here with Joey back in the band and my mate and I left maybe 6 songs in. We just couldn’t buy into them despite our best intentions. So I’m sympathetic to your position on them. That first handful of albums are still really strong.

Fair enough. I reckon they’re a perfect ‘festival band’. Tune in for a few songs and move on. They’re made for the festival crowd. FWIW, went to the Anthrax reunion show here with Joey back in the band and my mate and I left maybe 6 songs in. We just couldn’t buy into them despite our best intentions. So I’m sympathetic to your position on them. That first handful of albums are still really strong.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't mind the Sound of White Noise era of the band, mostly due to John Bush having one of the best voices around. Not Armored Saint level of greatness but still pretty good.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't mind the Sound of White Noise era of the band, mostly due to John Bush having one of the best voices around. Not Armored Saint level of greatness but still pretty good.

Stomp442 is my fave Bush-era disc. Love the energy and riffs on this one. White Noise is good too for sure. Can’t handle the rest sorry.

Slayer, aic, behemoth, pennywise, anthrax (a couple of songs only, agree with earlier sentiments about anthrax) for me.

Oh and painkiller by priest (that's probably enough falsetto for me thanks)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really know Halestorm, but their slot seems to be the ultimate poisoned chalice. The vast majority will be at Slayer, and despite them not interesting me at all Ghost will get a few; who's left to see Halestorm? I could be wrong, but I just can't see them getting much of an audience.

Queensrÿche - The Verdict.

Down to 2 original members they’ve somehow conjured up an energetic album that blends reminders of past glories with a robust, modern sound. This is probably the ‘best’ we could realistically expect given the available (missing) personnel, and despite not screaming ‘classic’ in the context of their amazing past glories, I’d be surprised if this doesn’t receive really strong reviews. Their best post-Tate release by a mile.

Might need to change my avatar..

Last edited:
Queensrÿche - The Verdict.

Down to 2 original members they’ve somehow conjured up an energetic album that blends reminders of past glories with a robust, modern sound. This is probably the ‘best’ we could realistically expect given the available (missing) personnel, and despite not screaming ‘classic’ in the context of their amazing past glories, I’d be surprised if this doesn’t receive really strong reviews. Their best post-Tate release by a mile.

Might need to change my avatar..

A band which has never clicked with me.

First anthrax for me was state of euphoria on cassette, with that massive ******* interview on side b
Then grabbed spreading the disease
Loved persistence of time, saw them that tour

Preferred bush as singer
We 've come for you all is always in my rotations, prob my fav along with stomp
Saw them live with bush but cant remember what album they were touring on

I grabbed for all kings when it came out and yeah, nahhh I can't do Joeys voice

State of euphoria was the first album I had too & still reckon it's great. Can't say I gave them much attention after Attack of the killer B's

David Lee Roth on the Rogan podcast. Holy s**t is this guy intense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back