Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

The mix and production of DM was a disaster.

This, BUT THIS..... oh my god. It’s listening to the album for the first time.

Metallica went with the loud sound wars theory that, the louder the music and mix, the more albums will be sold. That’s the CD.

Well, that’s been debunked. This is the version that was released to Guitar Hero on the same release day. You can actually crank up the volume, without any distortion, so dynamic, there’s sounds I never heard before. And there’s bass.

26:30 - TDTNC.

Last edited:

Metallica went with the loud sound wars theory that, the louder the music and mix, the more albums will be sold. That’s the CD.

Well, that’s been debunked. This is the version that was released to Guitar Hero on the same release day. You can actually crank up the volume, without any distortion, so dynamic, there’s sounds I never heard before. And there’s bass.

quite comfortably their best album since ajfa

quite comfortably their best album since ajfa

Agreed, I thought Hardwired was their best album since 1988 but after listening to this, Death Magnetic takes the cake. By a fair margin.

Some incredible sounds are coming out of this, particularly the bass and the drumming. The clarity that comes out of it brings out the thrash.

Desperately needs to be re-released with a good mix.

It's a shame they keep going back to Greg Fidelman. He's a hack.

Have a look at the sound waves for Black Sabbath's 13 - probably rivals Death Magnetic for absolute brickwalling absurdity. He also did Slayer's World Painted Blood which has the worst sounding mix on any album they've ever done.
Imagine producing a Slayer album and making the guitars sound that weak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i want to offload some of my CDs and don't want to spend time listing everything on eBay.

Would you guys be interested in seeing a list? Prices would be very reasonable and all my stuff is well looked after.

I’d have a look for sure.

As long as they're not all scratched like mine, I haven't been able to play MetallicAs first four for years..

I can’t even buy a second hand one if it has some slight scratching. Haha.

Desperately needs to be re-released with a good mix.

It's a shame they keep going back to Greg Fidelman. He's a hack.

Have a look at the sound waves for Black Sabbath's 13 - probably rivals Death Magnetic for absolute brickwalling absurdity. He also did Slayer's World Painted Blood which has the worst sounding mix on any album they've ever done.
Imagine producing a Slayer album and making the guitars sound that weak.
Dynamic range tells the story - http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=Black+sabbath&album=13

Unlistenable with headphones i have a fan remaster that sounds great.

Dynamic range tells the story - http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=Black+sabbath&album=13

Unlistenable with headphones i have a fan remaster that sounds great.

Look at that. Wow.

90542ed0667c25547c66a5b2b3d382bf.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back