Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, don't know why i haven't stumbled upon this thread before but better late than never.
I'm on a recruitment drive. Have been in the BF Song Contest for years now and metal has never really been appreciated in there but is especially scorned by the current crop of contestants. Just recently a Strapping Young Lad track got judged the worst song of 20 plus entries and The Weekend won with some lame ass sh*te not long before. Would love to get a big influx of metal heads to turn the comp on its head. Anyone keen PM me for details. Cheers.

I'm keen, never got into that comp, have no idea what the go is really.

Everything coming out about Manson lately is honestly being met with a slight raising of the eyebrows and a, "is any of this really that surprising?"

Although he did fire a band member over similar, but hypocrisy is hardly surprising here, either.

Minenwerfer - Alpenpasse.

I can't believe these guys have flown under my radar. This is amazing. The songs are epic, the musicianship near flawless, the leads genuinely work for Black Metal (the odd Traditional Heavy Metal portions work, too). If I was going to criticise, there's times when I wish the vocals were pitched a little lower. I've been a little wary of USA BM before, as a lot of it just doesn't sit right. This does. WWI era themes, often from the perspective of the Central Powers' soldiers (so you can listen to the German side without any Nazi accusations).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just walked past some kid at Box Hill station with a very impressive ginger mullet. Exactly how I imagine Mustaine would've looked at 14.

I’ve read a couple of similar “Top 10 (insert category) according to Nate Garrett” type articles. He comes across a guy who knows his stuff and often digs a few layers below the obvious/standard answers.

I’ve read a couple of similar “Top 10 (insert category) according to Nate Garrett” type articles. He comes across a guy who knows his stuff and often digs a few layers below the obvious/standard answers.

I don't know a few of those newer bands but I agree with Crowbar, High on Fire, Morbid Angel and CC. Top 10s of anything is always difficult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back