Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

My band finally got it's logo designed. Looks awesome. Might have to rejig the line up a bit, not sure how much our vocalist from Perth can commit. It has been a slow burn but we should be ready to record a demo in a couple months. Just finalising some stuff while our drummer finishes a block of gigs with his other band. Will worry about vocals when it comes to it. It's sounding really ******* good though. The hardest thing is each song is getting better than the last and we've already scrapped two tunes because they weren't up to standard. The problem is if you keep doing that you don't get anywhere so we're going to persist with a couple even if they're not the best we can do. Just hopefully they'll be good enough to grab people's attention before we go for a second round of song writing which should be the real opus. One of the songs has a solo section that is over a minute long, pretty unheard of for black metal haha. I do the first half and the other guitarist the second. My half sounds like it could be ripped off Storm of the Lights bane, but I have sat on the second half of my part for a good 6 months because I didn't know what to do with it besides ripping into some mindless shred. Thought it would be cool to do some melodic pentatonic noodling and believe it or not the inspiration has come from ******* Aussie Crawl - Boys light up solo hahaha

Haven't recorded a note or played a gig and somehow some antifa gimps are already getting a whiff. The other guys are embracing it though, they really give zero shits.

Awesome band post. Develop your song writing and playing .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of my old BM bands use to trigger the snare live. He'd turn it off when he would be doing a lot of blasting but turned it on for slower stuff for a big, over the top snare sound. Kind of like the snare on Bathory - Hammerheart.

Nearly every drummer I've known triggers at least their kicks in the studio as even the best drummer is never perfect and it's easier for the engineer to line up the hits better.

Never heard any mix problems Magus . ? Can you expand on your view .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I assumed that when you asked what people thought of triggers, you meant how they sound.
If they're loud in the mix, like in a lot of modern death metal albums, theyre overpowering and sound artificial.
In a live setting where you need some clarity in the mix and kick drums can get buried in that, they're fine.

Bit of a Rotting Christ marathon this morning. Played a bit of the new album and then Lucifer over Athens. Live is where they really shine imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back