Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s pretty evident we are going to be one of the hardest hit clubs in the PL, certainly out of the big ones. At least we have the smallest wage bill though

We really missed our chance this year and last to win something. If we are to clear the wage bill 2 or 3 of Kane, Mourinho or Ndombele will be a coronavirus sacrifice.
April Fool’s jokes are meant to be only up to midday.

April Fool’s jokes are meant to be only up to midday.
You rightly pointed out our debt levels are astronomically high at a time when lenders are very twitchy. We will have to slash that down and the only two ways is owner investment or reduce costs whilst making money in the transfer market.

Enic are likely to do which?

And will Mourinho want to stay for a full rebuild?

I like the corona chaos this could cause at the club. The rocket up its arse it needs. One things for certain we won't be a nothing 4th to 6th club at the end of it

You rightly pointed out our debt levels are astronomically high at a time when lenders are very twitchy. We will have to slash that down and the only two ways is owner investment or reduce costs whilst making money in the transfer market.

Enic are likely to do which?

And will Mourinho want to stay for a full rebuild?
Mourinho will get players in the summer. No point wanting massively expensive signings, clubs wealthier than us realise there will be a cut back as a result.

Liverpool have less than a month for Werner’s release clause and haven’t made a move given the uncertainty.

This club should be run off the money it generates. What you’re after is extra dosh from the owners and I don’t agree that they should have to. We are a 350-450m a season revenue raising club.

Transfers will come from that revenue.
There is no reason we cannot operate within the revenue we raise ourselves with a transfer budget and a loan budget being incorporated.

What we need is for the club as a whole to tighten their belts these next few months. So far only the players haven’t. If the UK government didn’t want football clubs accessing the furlough scheme they should have legislated it.

As it stands £2500 a month is put up by HMRC to keep our workstaff on the books and as I’ve read if they earn £37k or less 100% of their salary is paid. More than that and 80% is paid and the company (club) tops that up.

Maybe we should have tax dodged these last few years and have all that tax money to pay our staff? ;)

I’m with moomba and hawkman on this

Mourinho will get players in the summer. No point wanting massively expensive signings, clubs wealthier than us realise there will be a cut back as a result.

Liverpool have less than a month for Werner’s release clause and haven’t made a move given the uncertainty.

This club should be run off the money it generates. What you’re after is extra dosh from the owners and I don’t agree that they should have to. We are a 350-450m a season revenue raising club.

Transfers will come from that revenue.
There is no reason we cannot operate within the revenue we raise ourselves with a transfer budget and a loan budget being incorporated.

What we need is for the club as a whole to tighten their belts these next few months. So far only the players haven’t. If the UK government didn’t want football clubs accessing the furlough scheme they should have legislated it.

As it stands £2500 a month is put up by HMRC to keep our workstaff on the books and as I’ve read if they earn £37k or less 100% of their salary is paid. More than that and 80% is paid and the company (club) tops that up.

Maybe we should have tax dodged these last few years and have all that tax money to pay our staff? ;)

I’m with moomba and hawkman on this
Just different moral fibres between us.

Why should they invest money into a football club? To help it win trophies imo. You don't think that's very important. Each to their own

Just different moral fibres between us.

Why should they invest money into a football club? To help it win trophies imo. You don't think that's very important. Each to their own
Because I don’t like what football has become.

Or have you missed all the arguments over the years regarding Chelsea? Have you forgotten why I dislike them, and why being taken over by oil barons like PSG doesn’t appeal to me?

I don’t like that football is now an arms race and you have to be super wealthy or spend shitloads of the owner’s money to get there. I applaud their stance for us living within our means.

Completely different to owners who skim off the top like Ashley, GSB and Kroenke. We haven’t done that.

I'd rather risk that to have a chance to be more than just a 4th to 6th club
There’s no point in taking risks the other side of this pandemic. You put the future of the club at risk if you get it wrong. For once a more prudent approach is required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no point in taking risks the other side of this pandemic. You put the future of the club at risk if you get it wrong. For once a more prudent approach is required
I wouldn't want us risking it all and going down the Leeds route. Just wouldn't mind if we risked it and had a few mid table finishes before getting it right and going back to the top 2

We are getting appalling press over here for the decisions of the chairman and owner

What I think is that it is disgusting our players haven’t offered or accepted a wage cut.

I think it also speaks volumes that a chairman who many aren’t enamoured with had lots of support today on the two forums I perused this morning. He took a paycut, probably should have been more than 20% but meh.

Then I saw these two posts and it pretty much sums it up for me.

Now I don’t feel so bad. £70m in taxes paid last 5 years and those who paid the least are fully covered.
As for the moaning about the bonus. He bloody earned that, 16 years meticulously working on the stadium project and it finally comes together. That he can keep, should be donating a higher % of his current salary but 20% is still higher than 25 highly paid shittrucks on 0%. Toby and Davies excepted as they have made donations to the cause

Cheers for the response.

I will never agree with the size of his bonus given the stadium was almost a year late combined with my well established position regarding his support or lack thereof of Pochettino but I appreciate your well-articulated reply.

COYS

Serves us right to be honest!

I might send off my CV for a job as chief scout and if I get knocked back there's bound to be plenty more jobs going in the department

You seriously are a weirdo.

Obsessed with the balance sheet, saddled with debt and as a qualified accountant cannot acknowledge the effect this is having on us.

We have to have 100m+ available for financing arrangement purposes. So that answers the profits question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back