Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparatively to the clubs ahead of us ? (City, Pool and Arse).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one can comparatively to City. Backed by an oil state.
To LFC and Arse. Yep. Without even checking but suspect our spending wouldn't be far off those clubs, if at all.

We just spent poorly until Paratici arrived, and I for one would welcome his return.

We are 5 months into a new era and Ange will swap plenty more in due course.

No one can comparatively to City. Backed by an oil state.
To LFC and Arse. Yep. Without even checking but suspect our spending wouldn't be far off those clubs, if at all.

We just spent poorly until Paratici arrived, and I for one would welcome his return.

We are 5 months into a new era and Ange will swap plenty more in due course.

Long way behind Arse on a net basis, in par with Liverpool though I suspect their benefited from the Saudi bump to gloss over.

Paraticis recruitment isn’t a function of backing, he’s clearly a genius, I’d also welcome him back.

The buys last window were a function of bang on scouting (VDV) and favourable circumstances (Maddison).

I’m also a realist , I’m assigning my “backing” comment to the financial realities of the club. A big club by any measure but one that is at the mercy of the injury gods.

All that said, exiting times under Ange leadership and just need some luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another undeserved loss. Game changed on Cash being a dirty campaigner' again.

Bentancur was playing well as the 6. GLC was good.
Son is not a great CF. Hold up play not great and does not know the offside rule

Loved anges line up

Just a shame Rodrigo went down. Hopefully it's not a bad one. He looked so good out there

Felt most of the guys having their first game did well. So much went thru Gil and he was incredibly wasteful, but still had his moments. The rest all speak for themselves.

Really pleased with the effort given the circumstances.

I have never seen an injury list like it and it’s amazing that we were even competitive.

The two things that I learned last night are that Bryan Gil absolutely has a future in Ange’s system and that Deki is absolutely capable of playing a floating role.

I have never seen an injury list like it and it’s amazing that we were even competitive.

The two things that I learned last night are that Bryan Gil absolutely has a future in Ange’s system and that Deki is absolutely capable of playing a floating role.
I've never been less disappointed by 2 home defeats. The wolves game irked me

But I thought we looked so good today with over half a B side out there.

Gil I'm not 100 percent sold on just yet, but boy did he look threatening. Just a bit headless chook like at times but I'll take it. 10 moments of chaos that lead to nothing but then that 1 cross that Son should have scored from

Brennan Johnson is definitely impressing me. His first touch is something I didn't realise he had to go with his pace.

Would like to see Gil get a run of a few games. Did some really nice things, the cross for Son was perfect, any other number 9 puts it away, but then at other times looks a bit lightweight and wasteful

Probably back on the bench though next week if Sarr is fit and Bissouma back

Just watched their goals back, Davies just isn't a LCB. Too weak in the air. Gets a bit lost on the 2nd goal.

**** me Haaland vs these two is not going to be pretty

Not a shock to any of us that 2 standard cb's was never gonna be enough.
Its a shame we couldnt land a 3rd but this is showing us who is up to it and who isnt.
That was a nice showing from gio. And I reckon he, sarr and bentancur isn't bad with 2 better cb's behind them. Or even just one with royal in the rcb spot

Not a shock to any of us that 2 standard cb's was never gonna be enough.
Its a shame we couldnt land a 3rd but this is showing us who is up to it and who isnt.
That was a nice showing from gio. And I reckon he, sarr and bentancur isn't bad with 2 better cb's behind them. Or even just one with royal in the rcb spot

GLC must start every game until Maddison is fit. We need the creativity.

Royal was a tick for me. He got done a bit on the Watkins goal but I wouldn't call it an error. Davies also a tick, just outdone by a bigger guy who was on the move. In reality both are ok backups in those roles and are good squad players because they provide versatility but we need 2 new CB's. Dier has to go as he simply not good enough and doesn't provide any cover elsewhere (he'd be our 4th choice DCM at best now).

The truth is that we should have been well out of sight at half time. I was really disappointed in Son's game but Gil, Deki (despite the missed sitter early) and Johnson were all very good.

One other thing, Ange's approach here is bang on. Until the Chelsea game I would have said we had legitimate top 2, top 3 aspirations. Injuries and idiots getting suspended has killed that idea. At best we are an outside chance for a CL spot so the endgame for us has to be build for a real tilt next season. To that end Ange should be and is giving his depleted squad every opportunity to play in the fashion that he wants longer term. I have seen some pundits and fans criticise this approach. Those people are wrong.

Last edited:

Royal was a tick for me. He got done a bit on the Watkins goal but I wouldn't call it an error. Davies also a tick, just outdone by a bigger guy who was on the move. In reality both are ok backups in those roles and are good squad players because they provide versatility but we need 2 new CB's. Dier has to go as he simply not good enough and doesn't provide any cover elsewhere (he'd be our 4th choice DCM at best now).

The truth is that we should have been well out of sight at half time. I was really disappointed in Son's game but Gil, Deki (despite the missed sitter early) and Johnson were all very good.

One other thing, Ange's approach here is bang on. Until the Chelsea game I would have said we had legitimate top 2, top 3 aspirations. Injuries and idiots getting suspended has killed that idea. At best we are an outside chance for a CL spot so the endgame for us has to be build for a real tilt next season. To that end Ange should be and is giving his depleted squad every opportunity to play in the fashion that he wants longer term. I have seen some pundits and fans criticise this approach. Those people are wrong.
The crazy part is people blaming playing a high line for us losing. We lost to a set piece goal and good finish where we had already got back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Royal and Davies are okay squad options as backup full backs and absolute emergency 5th and 6th choice CB, where there's next to no chance they'd have to start together

Our squad isn't strong enough and they are 3rd and 4th choice. We just need one more solid CB in because we know Romero will miss at least 6 games a season, and injuries are a fact of life.

Gio was lively which I don't think was a surprise. It's just he gets knocks at unfortunate times. I'm sure ange would have turned to him sooner when maddison was carrying knocks, but Gio at random points of this season also had knocks and wasn't in match day squads.

Both Royal and Davies are okay squad options as backup full backs and absolute emergency 5th and 6th choice CB, where there's next to no chance they'd have to start together

Our squad isn't strong enough and they are 3rd and 4th choice. We just need one more solid CB in because we know Romero will miss at least 6 games a season, and injuries are a fact of life.

Gio was lively which I don't think was a surprise. It's just he gets knocks at unfortunate times. I'm sure ange would have turned to him sooner when maddison was carrying knocks, but Gio at random points of this season also had knocks and wasn't in match day squads.
Agree.

Another CB should be the priority. I dont think we need two personally. Spend on one quality addition. Not like cuti doesnt provide ample opportunity for rotation :p

Id also move pierre on to a team he suits the style better and find another gem like sarr.

Agree.

Another CB should be the priority. I dont think we need two personally. Spend on one quality addition. Not like cuti doesnt provide ample opportunity for rotation :p

Id also move pierre on to a team he suits the style better and find another gem like sarr.
Definitely don't need 2 with Phillips and Dorrington waiting in the wings, with Dorrington probably needing a loan in January.

The actual ideal backup CB would be a veteran to come in for a year or two max while the younger guys develop

Just on this, watched a few videos on Ange and how he builds his squads and systems. Year 1 is essentially an identifying and building system. To ween the **** out and bring in guys who are likely to play within it. See Dier being (almost) frozen out of Ange's system. Would not susrpsie if we do sign another centre halve (preferably two)in January and perhaps another attacker as backup to Deki and Son.

He has done it with all his clubs, Brisbane, then Victory, then in Japan, then off to Celtic. He has gone on to win in most ventures in years two &/or three, hopefully those results can come to Tottenham

Bentancur out until February with torn ankle ligaments.

I’ve never seen anything like this on an injury front. It’s just crazy.

Cash should get a review on that was ****ing disgraceful. Sucks that a big reason we lost was because of Matty's reckless action. Always want to be optimistic but this weekend is going to be tough.

Cash should get a review on that was ******* disgraceful. Sucks that a big reason we lost was because of Matty's reckless action. Always want to be optimistic but this weekend is going to be tough.
Its a bad tackle but we've applauded Romero for rough tackles just as if not more dangerous that in the past

Bentancur out until February with torn ankle ligaments.

I’ve never seen anything like this on an injury front. It’s just crazy.
Not ManC obviously but would like to see Dorrington get a chance. Even Donnelly too. May as well use this period to test the waters and possibly get them a better league if they do perform admirably, albeit in cameos

Sarr confirmed out for City. Phillips out for a month, Santiago also currently out. Hope we go full Ange with this lineup and try and lay a fee gloves on them

Vicario
Porro Emerson Davies Udogie
Lo Celso Bissouma
Johnson Son Gil

Would be only Dier and Hojberg fit senior outfield players off the bench. With Veliz, Donnelly, Dorrington and one other kid. Plus 2 GKs and naming only 8 subs again

Sarr confirmed out for City. Phillips out for a month, Santiago also currently out. Hope we go full Ange with this lineup and try and lay a fee gloves on them

Vicario
Porro Emerson Davies Udogie
Lo Celso Bissouma
Johnson Son Gil

Would be only Dier and Hojberg fit senior outfield players off the bench. With Veliz, Donnelly, Dorrington and one other kid. Plus 2 GKs and naming only 8 subs again
Playing with 10 is a interesting tactic. Kulusevski might get a start

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back