Roast biggest game of the year wont be on in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

yep the wonderful TV rights deal the AFL has gives us the wooden spoon game between the eagles and the lions on both 10 and foxtel:thumbsu:

What a ****ing joke

That is Pathetic:mad:

Wonder if the Public will try and get the Pies vs Cats game on instead.

It will be on channel 518.

We get the Lions game on Fox 1 and 10 on Saturday night as well in Brisbane. 518 (Main Event) will show the Pies game.

Unfortunately thommo, WA doesn't get the 518 deal,that's only for far North QLD,SE QLD, NSW and Canberra the AFL's "growth" area's

Was great when I was living in cairns for the past few years:thumbsu:

Just a thought, for anyone who is in WA and can't see the game, try contacting the club or the WA Magpies supporters group, as I'm sure the WA Magpies group will have organised a "showing" of the game through the club, even if it is delayed.

There is a link on Nicks to the WA Magpies, so maybe inquire there.

The new TV rights deal might improve this situation that occurs in the Western states, as stations like ONE HD and GO (assuming Nine get the rights) will be allowed to show a different game to the main channel game once the laws change in a few months.

But yeah, my advice would be to contact the club or the WA Magpies, and hope they have some type of link set up.

well in Rd 22 we dont get Collingwood vs Hawthorn into Adelaide at all.

The perks of living in non-Victoria

Funny, for those of us living in expansion states like QLD, we get a great deal.

We get EVERY game live no matter what. It only gets sh#t once the finals start, when even the Prelim in 07 and 09 were on 2 hour delays because the Main Event deal doesn't apply to finals.

Luckily I usually fly down for finals :thumbsu:

Friday night footy is live every week, the only time you may not get a live game is one of the Sunday arvo games ocassionally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Paddo on Scarbourgh beach road should have it on.

Thats where I usually go for any pies games not televised.

The only way to tune in live in country WA will be via the computer

There are heaps of Pie and Cats fans over here - there are heaps of AFL fans who want to watch the top team play second - there are also heaps of fly in fly out workers from all over Australia and there are heaps of people related to the many players recruited from WA (Collingwood will have quite a few in the team)

The tv rights deal is based on an outdated notion of parochialism

That said, I enjoy listening to sport on the radio when there are good commentators.

Might be able to find a link to a stream, will pm if succesful.

Please PM me also. The stream I normally get is from a West Coast supporter who can only show CHannel 10 FTA games. As WCE play on Sat night, he won't have the Pies game on Ch 10.

I liove 3 hours above Brisbane and we get footy on Friday night at 11.30. Absolute joke. Channel 7 shut down any streams they find.

Sat & Sun are live games and Saturday night is half hour delayed telecast, but we always get Lions games no matter what. I hate it when they play the same time as us. Will only get worse I suppose when the Suns play next year.

PayTv is just not worth it at this point.

yep the wonderful TV rights deal the AFL has gives us the wooden spoon game between the eagles and the lions on both 10 and foxtel:thumbsu:

What a ****ing joke

What a disgrace.:thumbsdown: Thankfully I'm heading to Melbourne for the weekend and will be at the G, but the TV rights deals are just abysmal and merely represent the interests of the money hungry clowns that made them. No regard for the consumer, nay, the footy fan, at all.

Please PM me also.

Will do mate but we might be talking the same stream here.
Mind you every now and again another source i know comes good, so we'll see what happenes.

:) This sorta suits me as I have to take the missus out for our 25th wedding anniversary, this is real nice of me mind you. I am not known for being considerate like this. So one this occassion TV gets the :thumbsu:.

Then I can watch it after the event in the comfort of luxury hotel room with some room service and a huge TV............ I hope

The only way to tune in live in country WA will be via the computer

There are heaps of Pie and Cats fans over here - there are heaps of AFL fans who want to watch the top team play second - there are also heaps of fly in fly out workers from all over Australia and there are heaps of people related to the many players recruited from WA (Collingwood will have quite a few in the team)

The tv rights deal is based on an outdated notion of parochialism

That said, I enjoy listening to sport on the radio when there are good commentators.

I know the location on your ID says WA, but are you really in WA, because the comment above makes it look like you don't. Our radio coverage will at best be the first half because they will leave it so that they can do a 45 minute pregame for the Eagles game. (Geez you'd think it would only take a few seconds to say "both of these sides are low standard crap and this game isn't worth listening to much less watching.) Even if the game is dead level and of the highest standard ever seen they will switch to Subi oval so that the flog commentators can tell just how wonderful the Eagles players can be and what a great contest Brissy v Eagles will be. I'm not guessing, this has happened on many occasions in the past, oh and don't bother waiting for an 'around the grounds update during the game because if we are incredibly lucky there will be one per quarter if that. All radio stations over here are like that even the ABC which supposedly is there to provide coverage of the things that commercial radio wont. Oh and if they are true to form the commercial radio stations wont do any updates they'll just give the result at the end of the Eagles game (after they give their votes for the BOG of Eagles only players.) I'm not kidding, the Eagles could lose by 100 goals and they still give BOG 321 votes where only Eagles players are elligible.

I know the location on your ID says WA, but are you really in WA, because the comment above makes it look like you don't. Our radio coverage will at best be the first half because they will leave it so that they can do a 45 minute pregame for the Eagles game. (Geez you'd think it would only take a few seconds to say "both of these sides are low standard crap and this game isn't worth listening to much less watching.) Even if the game is dead level and of the highest standard ever seen they will switch to Subi oval so that the flog commentators can tell just how wonderful the Eagles players can be and what a great contest Brissy v Eagles will be. I'm not guessing, this has happened on many occasions in the past, oh and don't bother waiting for an 'around the grounds update during the game because if we are incredibly lucky there will be one per quarter if that. All radio stations over here are like that even the ABC which supposedly is there to provide coverage of the things that commercial radio wont. Oh and if they are true to form the commercial radio stations wont do any updates they'll just give the result at the end of the Eagles game (after they give their votes for the BOG of Eagles only players.) I'm not kidding, the Eagles could lose by 100 goals and they still give BOG 321 votes where only Eagles players are elligible.

yes I really live in the beautiful southern part of WA. My magpie loving family will all be gathered around the computer listening via the internet and barracking for the pies.

the media here are pathetic and quite often the West Australian makes passing mention of a team playing the two WA teams. But we are used to it!

In my small town I would guess that the most supported team apart from Eagles and Dockers is the Pies, and members of our community actually go to the footy in Melbourne when we can.

Saw this on the Cats Board. Hope this helps.

The big one on Saturday night is going to be on LIVE at the Inglewood Hotel on Saturday. The trouble is that the rugby will be on when the game starts so not only will the pub be packed with Wallabies and AlL Blacks but the game will only be shown on two screens with the sound off for the first quarter. After that the game will be on all the big screens in both bars with sound (the Eagles game will be shown no smaller screens as it should).

Saw this on the Cats Board. Hope this helps.

The big one on Saturday night is going to be on LIVE at the Inglewood Hotel on Saturday. The trouble is that the rugby will be on when the game starts so not only will the pub be packed with Wallabies and AlL Blacks but the game will only be shown on two screens with the sound off for the first quarter. After that the game will be on all the big screens in both bars with sound (the Eagles game will be shown no smaller screens as it should).

I come in peace. This is a Perth Cats function but all Pies fans are welcome and like the last few times they'll probably outnumber us. Doesn't the WA Collingwood supporter group have access to live coverage at the Mighty Quinn in Tuart Hill still? A few of us went there in 2007 for a huge Pies V Cats game that wasn't on FTA or Fox and that supporters club had it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back