Bigman’s Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Yup, the joys of being a mid-tier prospect in a position that is locked down by someone else.
We have always valued the solid consistent B grader over the potential A grader.
It's weird, because backing in the guys who might take you up a level is what drove us to 97 & 98. Since then we have become utterly risk adverse.

So Cooks one game was reasonable at AFL level, with 16 touches, not bad for someone playing his only one game for the year. Maybe he could have played another game during the year.

Given Sloane sucked against Essendon, Giants and then Melbourne, no way could he have been dropped and Cook made sub right?

Murphy only played for a sick McHenry, played average but was retained.

Yeah no way would it have been reasonable for the club to give a guy 2 AFL games when he played a “reasonable” game against a top 4 side at the G.

It’s laughable you’re comparing his disposal count with a bloke who we picked for over 200 games and thinking you’re on a winner.

It’s a shame you went to so much effort with your usual arrogance only to make a s**t point

If you are going to play a player like Cook who needs games, got to go with a plan of 2 or 3. One game is harsh.

If you are going to play a player like Cook who needs games, got to go with a plan of 2 or 3. One game is harsh.

It's very harsh, seeing it's also a statement that we don't see Cook as a guy we could build around in the future. That he's mid-tier and his future is just making the most of whatever injuries pop up to our best 22 if he wants a long career here.

The thing is, clubs find a way to get the kids they're in love with as prospects in the best 22 no matter their scenario.

I did attend training on Friday and as usual it was of a high standard. it was short but the boys trained with high intensity. The amount of turnovers cf a number of years ago is much less and the skills have really picked up. Interestingly, not only did Tex not train but neither did Smithy. The latter only played for a short time against WCE so i wonder if there is a problem there.

Nank also looked a little discomforted by a shoulder concern and trained mostly with the rehab group.

Given games are coming up now the need for my reports lessen so they may only occur at intermittent intervals from now on.

We have all appreciated your reports bigman
Absolutely!

Would be the poster most on this board look forward to over what is always a long pre-season.

Thanks for your efforts for your detailed training reports bigman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blog-livehire-com-crowdddd-gif.416574

I did attend training on Friday and as usual it was of a high standard. it was short but the boys trained with high intensity. The amount of turnovers cf a number of years ago is much less and the skills have really picked up. Interestingly, not only did Tex not train but neither did Smithy. The latter only played for a short time against WCE so i wonder if there is a problem there.

Nank also looked a little discomforted by a shoulder concern and trained mostly with the rehab group.

Given games are coming up now the need for my reports lessen so they may only occur at intermittent intervals from now on.
Have you ever been to a port training just for a comparison?
As you’ve written “it was of a high standard as usual” it would be interesting to see how we compare to them.

No thanks, last time I was at alberton was in September 2007 and they were legit burning their own flags for some reason.
(true story)
I remember being there in the 90's watching a Port V Sturt game and a 'woman' with long grey ratty unkempt hair and a duffle coat was standing nearby. In her hair and all over her duffle coat she had badges of all the port players. She screamed abuse at the Sturt players all game. I wondered what rock she had crawled out from under just for the game.

Its truly a special place down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back