Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer my F1 without multi millionaires pretending to care about societal issues.

The kneeling had to jump the shark eventually.
Does it change the quality of the sportsmen? Their skills? The rules? What is it?

Perhaps the beginning of the end of the nauseating virtue signalling from sports people? How long was this expected to go on for before people got over it? What is the point of it if its mandated?

Is raising money for cancer pointless virtue signalling as well?
1635319479255.png

He's quite happy to loan his name and image to that and it's not like he'd have had much choice not wanting to be the only guy playing in green when the others are all in pink.

It depends how involved the sport becomes with the politics. The NBA was bloody strange last year with the BLM propaganda, you couldn't miss it, it became part of the broadcast. I wonder how much that had to do with the election that year.
Or the number of African Americans playing the sport?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1268931

He's quite happy to loan his name and image to that and it's not like he'd have had much choice not wanting to be the only guy playing in green when the others are all in pink.
Not pointless

View attachment 1268931

It's only virtue signalling if it's a cause you disagree with it would seem.

You'd think a South African of all people might have an inkling about the importance of racial equality.
Yes, with the various moments to celebrate the end of the apartheid. Not sure jumping on George Floyd/Police brutality in the US makes much sense.

Yes, with the various moments to celebrate the end of the apartheid. Not sure jumping on George Floyd/Police brutality in the US makes much sense.
In South Africa the colour you're born for most people is still the one the that matters in deciding how your life will pan out, for de Kock not to recognise his own privilege and what his actions say is staggering.

Why would you object to it to the point of not playing? I mean, at worst you'd think you'd just roll your eyes and go through the motions if that's what you have to do to play
As Tony Armstrong wondered on ABC this morning, 'just how racist do you have to be' not to be willing to make a simple show of respect for your teammates and opponents, and to make a stand against racism. Because that's all it is; it's not an endorsement of some registered entity in the US, it's not a celebration of the life of George Floyd, it's not any of the other deflections some people seek to throw up. It has been clearly communicated that it's a gesture to demonstrate the sport's united stance against racism. That's it. And that is apparently something de Kock can't get behind.

Maybe one of his relatives was one of the many Boer farmers who were senselessly slaughtered along with their families and children because they were white.

Nobody kneels for them. I guess they don't matter because they're white.
Never been to the Voortrekker Monument I see.

In South Africa the colour you're born for most people is still the one the that matters in deciding how your life will pan out, for de Kock not to recognise his own privilege and what his actions say is staggering.
Perhaps he wants South Africa to return to the "good old days"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back