Prediction Blokes in the gun in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I recall when JMac was in the draft his junI or coach said something like he is not elite in any one category but not not poor in any one category either. I thought it was an odd comment at that time given that junior caches tend to pump up their players in the hope of getting them drafted.

That is one of the key differences betweem JMac & Ats. Ats has an elite quality: his straight line speed. The problem with Ats is that he has not has a breakout year. Most players have incremental improvements over their first 5 years, Ats has not. Cunners was gifted games early but got better each year so have Jy, LDU et al.

The Ats we see now is the Ats we saw after 20 games except opposition caches have worked out how to negate his strength.

He's an absolute team first player that is given lock down roles, and that's how you rate him.

The problem for Shaun is that this doesn't stand out in supercoach scores.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's an absolute team first player that is given lock down roles, and that's how you rate him.

Dont think he's really stood out in the B&F either Snake, which is where team first roles and importance do get measured
Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he's getting towards the bottom of best 22,especially as the club will want to see which of the year 2-3 players are going to make it. He's 29 and he has to display more IMO

Wonderdog

All Australian
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t do SuperCoach & don’t check their scores. I do watch a lot of tapes of our winning games. Ats was very good in his first two seasons due to his flair & speed but oppo coaches figured him out. I can see the improvement in Jy, Lmac et al but not in Ats. He is not a scrubber has developed his strength is still his strength & his weaknesses are still his weaknesses. He has been tried in a different roles.

I don’t do SC & have no idea about their scores.

I do watch a lot of tapes of our winning games.Ats was really good in his first two seasons due to his speed & ability to take the game on. But coaches have worked him out & he has not developed. His weaknesses are still his weaknesses. He has been tried in different positions to try & identify the best fit to no avail. He is now 29 & the lack of upside might count against him.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No his problem is that regardless of his good his performance is on field he doesn't really stand out at all.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dont think he's really stood out in the B&F either Snake, which is where team first roles and importance do get measured

How many votes did Polec get vs Carlton again?

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I am not saying you are wrong about Atley being a good player but you have had your usual swipe at people accusing them of seeing players through the lens of Supercoach when less than a page ago you posted a stats comparison of Atley versus a 3 game player to make your point and declared end of story. That strikes me as being somewhat hypocritical.

Most of the criticisms I have read about Atley have made zero references to him not getting the ball enough. It is about poor decision making when he has the ball, almost never using his pace, and not being hard enough in the contest.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am not saying you are wrong about Atley being a good player but you have had your usual swipe at people accusing them of seeing players through the lens of Supercoach when less than a page ago you posted a stats comparison of Atley versus a 3 game player to make your point and declared end of story. That strikes me as being somewhat hypocritical.

Say what?!

There's people actually making claims that this 3 game player deserves his spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It is still pretty much what you accuse everyone else of doing when you throw out "supercoach" as a criticism. I wasn't arguing the point, more the methodology used to make it.

It's NOTHING like it. Your point has fallen flat on its face. Jog along.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's NOTHING like it. Your point has fallen flat on its face. Jog along.

Perhaps we can get a third opinion from someone out there in BF land?

Is using the comparative stats of a 200 plus game player and a 3 game player to justify the more experienced one being in the starting 22 in round 1 a "super footy" type approach?

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nothing in Supercoach could possibly award Atley enough pts for the excitement his incredible runs provide to us North supporters. Who doesn't love it when he gathers the ball around half back, has a bounce or two or three then for supposedly no reason hits the anchors and just freezes like a deer in the headlights! It really is priceless stuff! Keep going Shaun, easily in our best 22!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't worry, when Snake is beaten comprehensively in a discussion and/or shown up as hypocritical he will immediately shut it down and tell posters to "jog on" and similar.

As predictable as the sun rising every morning.
Yep, even posted this:

D521C096-608A-4C7B-AE1C-DCB122E215DF.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If your using that o'l cheddar. Didn't Hayden pole more votes per game than Ats?

Kyron's better differentials in clangers & free kick's against must have caught the eyes of the voters.

This actually backs up my Polec point.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
what was your Polec point ? Ive got no idea how many votes he got against Carlton

are you saying the B&F votes aren't a true representation ?

I'm claiming they are not precise representations.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back