Autopsy Bloodbath 2020 - Rd 13 v Swans Post Match

Remove this Banner Ad

A win without highlights, was really impressive in that each and every player has clearly brought into JLo’s plan. Defensively a rock by Hughes, Ryan and Cox. Nothing is getting past them.
Cox is scarily good.
Controlled clearances, controlled defence. Just need an organised forward line and the sky’s the limit. 5 goals last week and 7 tonight. The aim should be 10.
Mundy is 35? Moves just as silky as his debut 15 years ago. Brilliant for the young mids.
Tabs deserved 3 goals. Want him to be outright 3rd in the Coleman Medal race.

A win right out of the Rossy playbook.

In all seriousness, good stuff. Defense was absolutely A-grade. Career defining year for Brayshaw and Tabs. Granted the latter is a touch more seasoned.

Would like to see us kick a few big scores before the season is out though. Forwardline is still misfiring at times.

+
  • Tabs marking and kicking , but also his ability to win a 2 v 1 down the line and at least get a stoppage
  • Ryan, Cox and the entire defence seem well organised, rarely a 1 on 1
  • Getting games into the kids
  • Mundy is timeless
  • 4 points
-
  • Henry burned every kick, should have played some higher percentage disposals to get his touch and confidence
  • Hill wtf?
  • Lobb is becoming a lobster , can't trust him with his kicking or marking, seems to be going backwards

One of the calmest I can ever remember feeling watching a Freo game. Never in doubt.

I love the way we are playing under Longmuir. I don't panic now when the ball is moving their way or when we're bringing it out, the defence is so well organised.

Forwards are work in progress but its possible to see what Freddy and Liam are going to be bringing with Walters leading the way in the forwards.
Tabs is in all time form, we just need Hogan to come in and start bossing it too.

Mundy, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Serong Darcy is about as good a midfield setup as you need with Cerra and Aish on the outsides.

Wilson is back in town as a running defender, Hughes is as tough as they come.

Mostly its just so freaking great to enjoy watching us play again.

A win right out of the Rossy playbook.

In all seriousness, good stuff. Defense was absolutely A-grade. Career defining year for Brayshaw and Tabs. Granted the latter is a touch more seasoned.

Would like to see us kick a few big scores before the season is out though. Forwardline is still misfiring at times.
New game style. You're going to want to bed down the defensive aspects first. Tracking nicely.

Seriously, the booze at Optus is shocking! $100 and I feel nothing. At Subi I used to be able to get a good buzz!

Anyway, the game.....Not that anyone in this click listens to me anyway

Building some really good chemistry through the group. A result of the consistent team selection in recent weeks. Particularity in defence. The way they position, roll off and compete as a unit is an absolute joy to watch at the ground. Pearce and Hamling who?

Mundy is pure class and anyone who thinks he shouldn't go around again has got rocks in their head. He keeps going and leads our young mids and gets phased out gradually through 2021. Assuming the mids keep growing as expected. He's still elite.

Ryan? First name on the AA team sheet. No comparison. He's the best in the comp.

Cox is coming on very strongly. Another 50 games and he will be elite. Should never go forward again. His reading of the flight is sensational.

Lobb! Fix the stutter or gtfo! Talk to a psych or something. I watched him warm up, no stutter at all. There is no room for that crap if we're serious. Total liability and waste of a forward spot.

Everyone else was serviceable. Crowden did some sweet stuff. That Frederick goal lifted the roof off the stadium. Simply spine tingling. Crowd loves that guy! They roar any time he starts running.

Oh and Conca. He's been quietly brilliant the last few games. Really executing his shut down roles well.

And yes Tabs! I used to just see him as a nearly man. A pretender. He's the real thing now. And I think he's starting to believe it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I blinked and Cox become an A grade key defender. He has been superb the last few weeks
I hope that he doesn't go backwards when Pearce, Logue and (hopefully) Hamling returns next season.

And surely some of the Schultz doubters must be realising he is indeed a genuine AFL level player.
Boys are playing some decent footy this year . Great turn around for the club . Was Peter Bell pivotal to all this ?

I like Schultzy , good role model for the youngsters on how to work your guts out . Switkowski brings the same .
Cox is scary - has turned into the ice-man !!!

A win without highlights, was really impressive in that each and every player has clearly brought into JLo’s plan. Defensively a rock by Hughes, Ryan and Cox. Nothing is getting past them.
Cox is scarily good.
Controlled clearances, controlled defence. Just need an organised forward line and the sky’s the limit. 5 goals last week and 7 tonight. The aim should be 10.
Mundy is 35? Moves just as silky as his debut 15 years ago. Brilliant for the young mids.
Tabs deserved 3 goals. Want him to be outright 3rd in the Coleman Medal race.
Cox has found his position. Amazing

And can't believe Tabs is finally in Coleman contention. About time

On CPH2009 using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of the calmest I can ever remember feeling watching a Freo game. Never in doubt.

I love the way we are playing under Longmuir. I don't panic now when the ball is moving their way or when we're bringing it out, the defence is so well organised.

Forwards are work in progress but its possible to see what Freddy and Liam are going to be bringing with Walters leading the way in the forwards.
Tabs is in all time form, we just need Hogan to come in and start bossing it too.

Mundy, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Serong Darcy is about as good a midfield setup as you need with Cerra and Aish on the outsides.

Wilson is back in town as a running defender, Hughes is as tough as they come.

Mostly its just so freaking great to enjoy watching us play again.
I'm super excited for next year.

Imagine Hogan and Tabs finding at the same time. And a defensive line with Ryan, Cox, Logue, hamling and Pearce !!!

And then Fredy and Liam will just get better, and Cerra, Brayshaw and serong

OMG

I'm super excited for next year.

Imagine Hogan and Tabs finding at the same time. And a defensive line with Ryan, Cox, Logue, hamling and Pearce !!!

And then Fredy and Liam will just get better, and Cerra, Brayshaw and serong

OMG

And Young and Sturt...

If ross was known as a great defensive coach what does it make JLo.

I reckon we are defending better then what we did with Ross.

Not a criticism of Ross as such but with talent available the system in place that JLo is building is unbelievable with our best 2 defenders out
I think the 'best two defenders out' assumption is being strongly challenged by Cox and Ryan.

I think this needs its own thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back